Remove this Banner Ad

*!

We should be all over this. I said before this is the bloke we need;
3 flags as a player
Head coach
won flags at Richmond
just won a flag at Collingwood

there is no one better out there

Meanwhile, the Roos have also announced the appointment of Jarrod Lienert to Indigenous Player Development Manager. – Brandon Cohen

From the below article.

CARLTON has poached North Melbourne assistant Jordan Russell to join its coaching ranks in 2024.

The 36-year-old will take the reins of the Blues' forward line, with Ash Hansen to relinquish that role to focus on his duties as senior assistant under Michael Voss.

Russell returns to the club where he played 116 games from 2005 to 2012, finishing runner-up in the John Nicholls Medal in 2010.

After finishing his playing career (he spent his final season at Collingwood), Russell joined Footscray as a VFL-listed player and AFL developmental coach, captaining the side in 2014 to the first of two premierships.

He then transitioned into a coaching role at the Bulldogs, before moving to the Kangaroos where he has spent the past three seasons.

"Some of my best football memories are with the Carlton Football Club, so it is very exciting to be coming back to Ikon Park," Russell said.

TR170822DT881605179.jpg

Jordan Russell and Gavin Brown speak at North Melbourne training on August 17, 2022. Picture: Getty Images

"I am impressed with the direction the football club is taking, and what it is trying to build – one thing that came through clearly during the process was how aligned the club is on its direction and what is required to put itself in the best possible position to succeed."

Aaron Hamill and Tim Clarke will remain in their roles as backline and midfield coaches, respectively, as will Luke Power as VFL coach.

Russell's departure from the Roos coincides with that of retired former captain Jack Ziebell, who will take up an assistant coaching role at Richmond.

Meanwhile, the Roos have also announced the appointment of Jarrod Lienert to Indigenous Player Development Manager. – Brandon Cohen

From the below article.

CARLTON has poached North Melbourne assistant Jordan Russell to join its coaching ranks in 2024.

The 36-year-old will take the reins of the Blues' forward line, with Ash Hansen to relinquish that role to focus on his duties as senior assistant under Michael Voss.

Russell returns to the club where he played 116 games from 2005 to 2012, finishing runner-up in the John Nicholls Medal in 2010.

After finishing his playing career (he spent his final season at Collingwood), Russell joined Footscray as a VFL-listed player and AFL developmental coach, captaining the side in 2014 to the first of two premierships.

He then transitioned into a coaching role at the Bulldogs, before moving to the Kangaroos where he has spent the past three seasons.

"Some of my best football memories are with the Carlton Football Club, so it is very exciting to be coming back to Ikon Park," Russell said.

TR170822DT881605179.jpg

Jordan Russell and Gavin Brown speak at North Melbourne training on August 17, 2022. Picture: Getty Images

"I am impressed with the direction the football club is taking, and what it is trying to build – one thing that came through clearly during the process was how aligned the club is on its direction and what is required to put itself in the best possible position to succeed."

Aaron Hamill and Tim Clarke will remain in their roles as backline and midfield coaches, respectively, as will Luke Power as VFL coach.

Russell's departure from the Roos coincides with that of retired former captain Jack Ziebell, who will take up an assistant coaching role at Richmond.

Is Jarrod Indigenous himself? Not that it matters, but I kinda think it does.

Is Jarrod Indigenous himself? Not that it matters, but I kinda think it does.

Yeah, not sure.

From the North website

In other changes to North Melbourne’s football department, the club is pleased to announce that Jarrod Lienert has been promoted to Indigenous Player Development Manager.

Lienert – who played for St Kilda and Port Adelaide from 2017 to 2022 – joined North Melbourne’s VFL program as a playing assistant coach this year.

In his new role, Lienert will work alongside Robbie Ahmat in supporting the club’s First Nations playing cohort. He will also assist in the development coaching team under new head of development Michael Barlow.

Viney said the club was delighted to have Lienert step up into the new role.

“Jarrod is a qualified teacher and has already built great relationships with our players and staff as a playing assistant coach in our VFL program this year,” Viney said.

“Jarrod has worked hard to earn this opportunity and we’re really pleased to have him in this critical role.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have a good look at Marty Mattner. Has experience at the Crows but got the chop during Covid. Done really good things with Sturt this year.

Wouldn’t mind Nathan Bassett either. Did great things with Norwood not long ago. Went to Port Power, apparently been cut this year.
Narni Grima was at Sturt as well (before Mattner if I recall correctly). Loved that dude, not sure how good at coaching he is though.

Wouldn’t mind Nathan Bassett either. Did great things with Norwood not long ago. Went to Port Power, apparently been cut this year.
Narni Grima was at Sturt as well (before Mattner if I recall correctly). Loved that dude, not sure how good at coaching he is though.
I don't think he'd come after we screwed him over last time

We expecting Russell to get replaced?
From memory we don't have a midfield coach..

Clarke is taking forwards and assume Jed Adcock is taking defence? Patch to midfield or there’ll need to be another recruit.

What’s Shaun Higgins doing these days?

Would make a good midfield coach

Clarke is taking forwards and assume Jed Adcock is taking defence? Patch to midfield or there’ll need to be another recruit.
I’d like a senior assistant like dew overseeing all lines

Like ratten was part time with us and is now full time at hawks

And I think we still need another dev coach to sit under Barlow which Russell was going to do before he left

What’s Shaun Higgins doing these days?

Would make a good midfield coach
Good mention.
FWIW regrets moving to Geelong.
Felt like it was the right thing to do by the club at the time but in hindsight would have loved to stay and mentor the group instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back