Preview Offseason - what do we want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll start
-3 more wins (takes us to 5 wins for the year and should still get a priority pick) 14 over 4 years (eagles currently have 13 over 3 years)
-Sheezel bnf and rising star award
-Perez and Goater play majority of the games over ziebell
-ford rising star nom
-larkey coleman
-few of the over 30s announce their retirement
-LDU back to his best and a 40 disposal game
-comben back in the last month of the season
-clarko back coaching within the next month healthy and happy

I’ll start
-3 more wins (takes us to 5 wins for the year and should still get a priority pick) 14 over 4 years (eagles currently have 13 over 3 years)
-Sheezel bnf and rising star award
-Perez and Goater play majority of the games over ziebell
-ford rising star nom
-larkey coleman
-few of the over 30s announce their retirement
-LDU back to his best and a 40 disposal game
-comben back in the last month of the season
-clarko back coaching within the next month healthy and happy
X?

I want to see us beat *, Hawthorn, WC, Richmond, the Crows, the Suns and St Kilda. At least.
That would see us out of the bottom 4 and in no mans land (13/14th) and missing out on Watson and caddy

No thanks

I’ll take 3 of those wins though (*, stkilda and eagles)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would see us out of the bottom 4 and in no mans land (13/14th) and missing out on Watson and caddy

No thanks

I’ll take 3 of those wins though (*, stkilda and eagles)
You realise that if we win those games we do it with development of yoof and players like TT and LDU starring. Which means we might be in no man's land briefly but we're on our way into the top 4.

Its unrealistic. I think we'll win three games, might win four. WC, hopefully * and Hawthorn. It would be nice to finish the season with a win too. Its been too long since we've done that.

You realise that if we win those games we do it with development of yoof and players like TT and LDU starring. Which means we might be in no man's land briefly but we're on our way into the top 4.

Its unrealistic. I think we'll win three games, might win four. WC, hopefully * and Hawthorn. It would be nice to finish the season with a win too. Its been too long since we've done that.
I still think we don’t benefit as much by winning some meaningless games towards the back end of the year. The young guns can still show good signs in Honourable losses

3 wins would be nice like you said and is realistic

And still gets us Watson/caddy

oh how I would love to see us win in Adelaide. Can't remember what that experience is like!

Play safe and get 2 more wins....Dawks and Weagles.
Our younger brigade take another step up and go injury free.
Sheezel to win the rising star.
McKay to re-sign for 5 more years.
A new restructured backline including Berman and Goater.
Clarko to return for the last part of the season..

I want to see us learn how to win. Even recently when we have shown improvement we still found ways to lose and no one was surprised.

I want the youngsters to lead us in some vicitories and celebrate hard and love the club and their team mates.

Lastly in some of the wins I want to crush (>30 points) the opposition so that us supporters can soak in the last 15 mins and admire what the future promises.

This group needs more belief right now and learning how to win the tight ones.

We have two first year players that are trying to drag us over the line. I don't want our young group learning essentially nothing from this year. Because that's what will happen if we just eek out a soft win or two.

Don't want to see what we have in recent years when we get a month from the end of the season and the cue is in the rack.

I don't want to start next year like we have the last couple. Otherwise may as well write off 2024.

Treat the rest of the year like a pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back