Preview Offseason - what do we want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat WC very easily and we should be getting past Hawthorn. We need to also knock over someone else. Have to be seen to know how to win games. It'd be a huge statement and could royally screw over a finals aspirant. Can't see that win this week, or against the Cats or Dees - but we'd could get *, Saints, Suns or Richmond. The Suns have would be special as it will probably be Cunnington and Ziebell's last.

Clarko back is a given and seeing George, Harry, Jy, LDU, Powell and Phillips together fit and firing for a stretch would be fun. More games into Ford, Goater, Bergman - I rate these guys.

The reality is that the most interesting part of the year are the list decisions. Time to set the dead weight free.

Beat WC very easily and we should be getting past Hawthorn. We need to also knock over someone else. Have to be seen to know how to win games. It'd be a huge statement and could royally screw over a finals aspirant. Can't see that win this week, or against the Cats or Dees - but we'd could get *, Saints, Suns or Richmond. The Suns have would be special as it will probably be Cunnington and Ziebell's last.

Clarko back is a given and seeing George, Harry, Jy, LDU, Powell and Phillips together fit and firing for a stretch would be fun. More games into Ford, Goater, Bergman - I rate these guys.

The reality is that the most interesting part of the year are the list decisions. Time to set the dead weight free.
Would value a couple of extra wins over a PP to be honest.

It’s home game next week play Harvey Hansen Archer Perez Xerri Dawson can’t do any worse .
Give Goldy a rest if not him CCJ
McDonald Curtis Corr Zieball.
But knowing what happens with Selection can see Bergman Curtis and maybe Corr been made the scapegoats and dropped.

It’s home game next week play Harvey Hansen Archer Perez Xerri Dawson can’t do any worse .
But knowing what happens with Selection can see Bergman Curtis and maybe Corr been made the scapegoats and dropped.
FD1BBE6B-860A-465C-8A10-B4D9FC48D981.gif

What do I want to see ?
1 word EFFORT!
today we lose by over 10 goals , the opposition has it nearly 40 times more than us & they have more tackles ….?!!!
Enough said .

Cats in Geelong. Be 70 points + loss.

A win and the some improvement from this team.
Better pressure and skills.
An improved back and forward line

That shouldn’t be too much to ask for!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a day to forget today.

No more 40+ point losses
3-4 more wins

Against:

Hawthorn
WCE
Essendon
Gold Coast

Get more games into the kids
Kick over 100 points in a game again
Have non negotiable effort and consistency every week

Yep and That’s fine by me still first round priority pick territory

14 wins over 4 years that will take us to
Eagles currently 13 wins over 3 years

Surely we aren't getting a first round priority pick if we beat Hawthorn and west coast. Forget about it if we win three more games from here...

A Ziebell, shiels, Goldy and cunners farewell game

Ideally, cunners retires and ziebell is contracted for one more, although it's unfortunately the other way around.

Does cunners get paid out of he retires?

I wouldn't give up a years pay to be a good bloke if I had a family and was in remission from a cancer scare. I wouldn't expect cunners to either.

Maybe we keep an extended rookie list and he goes into that and plays another season with the kids in the VFL?

Play some of the kids performing well in the VFL, we aren't making finals and I can't see us jumping up the ladder and jeopardizing our draft picks, so let's see what they have to offer.

Harvey's performance today suggests he is ready to take the step up, while Dawson, Young and Hanser Jr have also put in a number of good performances over the last six weeks. Give them a go.

I’ll start
-3 more wins (takes us to 5 wins for the year and should still get a priority pick) 14 over 4 years (eagles currently have 13 over 3 years)
-Sheezel bnf and rising star award
-Perez and Goater play majority of the games over ziebell
-ford rising star nom
-larkey coleman
-few of the over 30s announce their retirement
-LDU back to his best and a 40 disposal game
-comben back in the last month of the season
-clarko back coaching within the next month healthy and happy
Few ticks coming along
Perez over ziebell
Clarko semi back and soon to be fully back coaching

Dropped the over 30s, a few to retire you’d imagine