Preview Changes and pre match discussion - don't care who we are playing as long as Wardlaw is captain next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf. Did you watch the swans game?
If you like list cloggers like Howe getting games over young talent especially when we are rebuilding and have experience already in the team then don’t complain when the rebuild takes longer then expected

Likewise Aaron hall

Both should be off the list at years end

For the life of me I don’t get why Spicer continues to get a game. I just don’t see it him. There are players who just have that extra second to make the right decision all the time. Spicer is the exact opposite of that. He’s always rushed, no composure and even in reserves doesn’t show anything. Even his tackle numbers are somewhat misleading as they are soft tackles

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

G
16 players named that could be playing when we’re contending. I like. Hopefully Curtis, Phillips, Ford and Cunners bench with Lazz sub.
Fords out ?

Ah what a night that was. Never cheered so loud, and at game's end, just hugging random North people on the way out.

Good times. Hope the next round isn't too far away.
Half time was the closest I reckon I've ever been to just giving up on this team. We had put years of work into getting to that point and were playing close to the worst game we could possibly play against that dumpster truck of a team. I remember stalking the MCG passageways in a fury.

Half time was the closest I reckon I've ever been to just giving up on this team. We had put years of work into getting to that point and were playing close to the worst game we could possibly play against that dumpster truck of a team. I remember stalking the MCG passageways in a fury.
Wasn't it Telstra?

never been that disappointed walking out at half time. having a cigarette and seeing the pure disappointment in the side from other north supporters around me.

hopefully one day we can get back to playing the footy they played in the second half. just a thing of beauty and petrie with the frank the tank celebration just topped it off!

Last edited:
I can’t see Curtis getting dropped because of his X-Factor. I equally don’t see Spicer getting dropped because he literally terrorised the Swans defence. On a number of occasions he “herded” Swans defenders into Wardlaw and Simpkin tackles, on top of having our second most tackles himself. Heaven help Collingwood players if Phoenix herds them in Zurhaar’s direction. I could be wrong, I admit. However, the enthusiasm that Wardlaw and Spicer brought to the team was incalculable, I thought. Hopefully, it was not just a once-off for Clarko/Ratts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t see Curtis getting dropped because of his X-Factor.
The Curtis x factor is proving to everyone that there are rules for some and not for others.
Bloke coped four free kicks this year for "pushing" in the F50 1v1.
None of which would have been called if it were a Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't it Telstra?
Against Essendon? Nope, pretty confident at the MCG.'

BTW. Round 10, 1993. I'm hoping this weekend will also be seen as the start of something great.

I can’t see Curtis getting dropped because of his X-Factor. I equally don’t see Spicer getting dropped because he literally terrorised the Swans defence. On a number of occasions he “herded” Swans defenders into Wardlaw and Simpkin tackles, on top of having our second most tackles himself. Heaven help Collingwood players if Phoenix herds them in Zurhaar’s direction. I could be wrong, I admit. However, the enthusiasm that Wardlaw and Spicer brought to the team was incalculable, I thought. Hopefully, it was not just a once-off for Clarko/Ratts.

I watched the replay and he did a good job of this. And if he can stick tackles against bigger guys then he'll certainly be worth persevering with.

I get why alot of people don't see a future for him but its one weakness really and if we can get it out of his game then he could be a real weapon.

If not ... well we had a crack at getting something out of a speculative pick with real upside while we're down the bottom of the ladder. Its not a bad thing to do if we resign him if its on a year deal and then that's it unless he becomes a gun. But he'd have to build on what he showed against the Swans over a month or two.

I watched the replay and he did a good job of this. And if he can stick tackles against bigger guys then he'll certainly be worth persevering with.

I get why alot of people don't see a future for him but its one weakness really and if we can get it out of his game then he could be a real weapon.

If not ... well we had a crack at getting something out of a speculative pick with real upside while we're down the bottom of the ladder. Its not a bad thing to do if we resign him if its on a year deal and then that's it unless he becomes a gun. But he'd have to build on what he showed against the Swans over a month or two.

The thing I see with Phoenix is that he seems to experience the same terror himself that he inflicts on the opposition. When he gets close to the ball, he seems to get an attack of the jitters. He always looks like he’s made up his mind about what he’s going to do with the ball - before he’s actually taken possession of it. This results in ball mishandling and gives the impression that he’s actually running away from the ball.

If PC isn't named in the side or is a sub it will likely be to manage his load rather than penalise him for non-performance.

If PC isn't named in the side or is a sub it will likely be to manage his load rather than penalise him for non-performance.
Bit of both I reckon. He looks like a fat kid stumbling out of Hungry Jack's when chasing defensively. He really doesn't move very fast given his frame, on offense or on defence.

I've already more or less touched on this so I won't go on about it but I'd bet several packets of chips that the coaches have told him to hunker down at training and improve his running and endurance if he wants to keep his spot every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back