Preview Rd 18 Changes and pre-match discussion vs Hawks @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking forward to watching our midfield this week.
Simpkin, Greenwood & Lazzaro all out of the midfield from last week & Phillips not coming in, will leave us with LDU, Thomas & Wardlaw as the main men at centre bounces with Zurharr & Sheezel rolling through there. These guys are our most dynamic players.
Will be interesting to see how they go, hopefully Xerri can give them some decent service.

Looking forward to watching our midfield this week.
Simpkin, Greenwood & Lazzaro all out of the midfield from last week & Phillips not coming in, will leave us with LDU, Thomas & Wardlaw as the main men at centre bounces with Zurharr & Sheezel rolling through there. These guys are our most dynamic players.
Will be interesting to see how they go, hopefully Xerri can give them some decent service.
Shiels will go in aswell

View attachment 1738221

With 0 turnovers. I don’t understand what more he could have done tbh.

Just on his tackling pressure alone is impressive
He had 33 pressure acts - the most of any of our players in a game this year.

Obviously at North if you don"t turn it over, work hard defensively and can run you don't get picked.

However if you're an unfit, flakey downhill skiier you're guaranteed a game!

He had 33 pressure acts - the most of any of our players in a game this year.

Obviously at North if you don"t turn it over, work hard defensively and can run you don't get picked.

However if you're an unfit, flakey downhill skiier you're guaranteed a game!
There is no hiding this week. The blowtorch has been aimed at a few of them and they must stand up and be accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame about greenwood, but I guess that’s his role now. To remind the younger ones they need to give 110% each time otherwise he’s there to take their spot. Same with Shiels.

Confused about Laz / Curtis.

Lmac has monumental task this week directing Goater, Archer, Young and to an extent Sheezel.

Shame about greenwood, but I guess that’s his role now. To remind the younger ones they need to give 110% each time otherwise he’s there to take their spot. Same with Shiels.

Confused about Laz / Curtis.

Lmac has monumental task this week directing Goater, Archer, Young and to an extent Sheezel.

Corr was the most vocal today organising the defence.

With Archer in this week I think that means we will have played 41 players this year. I wonder if that is a record; it certainly seems more than I can remember in any year going back to the 50s
Mate you’re doing well if you can remember the ‘50’s I can barely remember last week 😀

There is no hiding this week. The blowtorch has been aimed at a few of them and they must stand up and be accountable.
I was at the players trivia night on Wednesday and whilst the players I spoke to were very personable and all talked up the club and how great they’re feeling as a group, I also think they have been treated with kid gloves and been allowed to keep the rose coloured glasses on. In a way I guess this makes sense from a man management point of view because they have had to deal with a lot of upheaval re coaching changes and the hawthorn saga, JHF, being wooden spooners etc without a reality session to introduce them to the real world and the expectations contained there in. Goldy was under no illusions about his future in the AFL (0) and I suspect the rest of the mature guys have had the difficult conversation but the young guys are in for a shock at the end of this season and during the preseason. Some will get found out but it will augur well for the future starting next season. To quote Todd “the real rebuild is starting at the end of this season.” End quote. And no this was not a confidential chat.

Drop the 2 blokes who had 20 tackles between them and bring in CT who has lazy assed around the VFL for the past 2 months ...que post game press conference after losing by 5 goals....'we thought our defensive pressure was a bit off today and we need to look at that during the week.............
We’re either tanking or the selection committee are all high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back