Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Carlton (Good Friday Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hoping for a good and competitive contest. The AFL and its footy media whores are just itching to have another ‘big’ club involved. Let’s not give them any more ammo. My Carlton mates still panic and get anxious when they play North. 20+ years of beatings does that I suppose.
The beatings continue from tomorrow 👹

Bonar is constantly getting asked to play out of his weight class yet people hang s**t on him.

Hope he gets a crack at playing small at some stage so we can judge him fairly.
A fair crack? He’s been in the system for 6 years. He’s had ample time and shown precisely zero ability.

I'm not sure what Turner's spot is, exactly.

Will Wardlaw attack the contest as hard as Turner? If yes, IMO Wardlaw needs to replace him.
I think that Turner has provided manic pressure across the foward lines, and is quicker than Wardlaw. Wardlaw would be wasted in that role, and probably couldn’t actually do it at his current fitness level. He needs to build and then come into the midfield rotation, the chance will come and we can then rotate the young guns.

There was nothing wrong with the selection. Remember at that time we didn't have Logue. KPD stocks were painfully thin.

What's wrong about it is the fact that we obviously don't rate him enough to even give him a taste at the level, rendering the selection null and void. Really bizarre. Thought he'd have been given a decent crack given our recent shitness

That’s exactly why you draft for talent and not need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Turner has provided manic pressure across the foward lines, and is quicker than Wardlaw. Wardlaw would be wasted in that role, and probably couldn’t actually do it at his current fitness level. He needs to build and then come into the midfield rotation, the chance will come and we can then rotate the young guns.
Turner quicker than Wardlaw. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Manic" used very flippantly as well...

He must of been playing against 14 yr olds
The cynicism has merit, but TBF, it was covid-interrruptus, and Caracas is right, all judges (including this board) had Edwards as #1 in that MSD.

Charlie Ham on the other hand must have been a Glenn Luff special

Our strike rate with mid season draft is dynamite!
Is there a single player across the entire AFL who is a solid best 22 player who came from the mid-season draft?

I can't think of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back