Preview Rd 19 Changes and pre-match discussion vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield is genuinely horrendous. Hard to see how we throw any punches with only LDU and Phillips.

Play ******* Goater in there.

He was a complete jet as a center square mid as a junior.

He’s a big body and has break away pace.

So so frustrating how he’s being developed..

Our midfield is genuinely horrendous. Hard to see how we throw any punches with only LDU and Phillips.

In the same thread we are saying the midfield is horrendous (which I agree with by the way) and that we don’t need Reid as we’ve taken too many mids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young survives. No Dawson.
This isn’t going to be a bounce back performance at all.
Saints are going poorly but not that bad to throw a game to us.

If we are going to go down again, it won’t be because of Young or no Dawson. The midfield mix is just terrible. Is Powell still injured? On paper the midfield is VFL level

Play ******* Goater in there.

He was a complete jet as a center square mid as a junior.

He’s a big body and has break away pace.

So so frustrating how he’s being developed..
Even more frustrating was that his best game, his debut, was because we pushed him up the ground to the wing. Now he’s back in deep defence because it’s slower than me getting out of bed on a Sunday morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t laugh but I think McDonalds could be playing in the middle.

Has been suggested as an option
This is good.

It shows they are well aware of how he is tracking. That's not to say I'm convinced he'll do better there, but yeah, good that heads aren't in the sand.

Even more frustrating was that his best game, his debut, was because we pushed him up the ground to the wing. Now he’s back in deep defence because it’s slower than me getting out of bed on a Sunday morning.
It's more about us than him though. We need players on the backline ASAP that can change the mix, rightly or wrongly they probably feel they have enough mids coming through that need gametime and development before decisions are made on them. Players that aren't capable of taking a more flexible role off HB.

This is good.

It shows they are well aware of how he is tracking. That's not to say I'm convinced he'll do better there, but yeah, good that heads aren't in the sand.
Spot on. They can see he's the only one winning ground balls and playing the defensive roll at stoppages better than anyone else.

Everyone wants to point out the one time Rankine got past him, but completely ignore the times he gave Bont a complete bath at stoppages when he was playing forward.

In the same thread we are saying the midfield is horrendous (which I agree with by the way) and that we don’t need Reid as we’ve taken too many mids.

Call me naive / stupid, but I still believe that our midfield on paper is better than what it is putting out. This week, centre square rotations of LDU, Thomas, Sheezel, Phillips, Greenwood and Shiels has a good mix of top 10 draftee class and experienced grunt! They all just need to stand up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on. They can see he's the only one winning ground balls and playing the defensive roll at stoppages better than anyone else.

Everyone wants to point out the one time Rankine got past him, but completely ignore the times he gave Bont a complete bath at stoppages when he was playing forward.
McDonald does an okay job on guys who aren't too quick. We keep putting him on quick forwards, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back