Preview Changes and pre match discussion v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness we're farewelling Ziebell for good and depending on the wash up of the week, Goldy in Melbourne (albeit unlikely).

I think we'll put up this week as well.

Changes will be simple, Phillips for Cunnington. Best to send Laz back for the VFL so not sure on the sub.
Make *en Greenwood sub.
He’s the leadership we need in the last eighth of the game when it’s on the line.

There is a chance Cotchin and Riewoldt are so happy with what they've achieved they set each other a set of pranks like only kicking torps or attempting 'own goals' for the whole game.

So we are a chance on that basis.
I remember Rod Jameson doing a drop kick in his last game at Footy Park. 5AA was running a competition for a player to do it.
I’ve just done a quick google & found this snippet from a ‘where are they now’ piece about Jammo on the Crows website.

Another memorable moment, which also involved FIVEaa (where Jameson worked), was his drop-kick in his final match against North Melbourne at Football Park in 1999 …

“In 1998, Baz and Pilko kept talking about how old-time football was gone and that the game was changing. To help bring the ‘fun’ back, they wanted a player in a game to do a forwards roll – to kick a goal or something on the field and then do a somersault … in the ‘98’ GF, Peter Vardy did it.

“The initiative was that every week the ‘challenge’ didn’t go off on, the prize got bigger. In 1999, Baz and Pilko wanted someone to do a drop kick. Matthew Liptak and I both grew up around Glenelg and played at the Bays together. We were both retiring at the end of ‘99’ along with David Pittman, but he was injured and didn’t play. ‘Lippy’ and I said, ‘how about we get together and if we do it we’ll split the prize and have a bit of fun with it?’

“For the last five weeks, Lippy and I were practicing our drop-kicks on Footy Park for half an hour after training every night. After I did the drop-kick, we ended up picking up about $14,000 worth of prizes. We had a lot of fun. We told the players what we were doing and they were comfortable with it. John Reid didn’t see the funny side of it, but it didn’t do any harm. Obviously, the culture and professionalism of the game has changed dramatically since then.

“We got pumped by North Melbourne that day and I remember the Kangaroo blokes having a laugh about my kick after the game. Malcolm Blight was asked about it in the post-match press conference, and he actually referred to the drop kick as the best forward entry we’d had all day because I’d hit Peter Vardy lace-out.”

I remember Rod Jameson doing a drop kick in his last game at Footy Park. 5AA was running a competition for a player to do it.
I’ve just done a quick google & found this snippet from a ‘where are they now’ piece about Jammo on the Crows website.

Another memorable moment, which also involved FIVEaa (where Jameson worked), was his drop-kick in his final match against North Melbourne at Football Park in 1999 …

“In 1998, Baz and Pilko kept talking about how old-time football was gone and that the game was changing. To help bring the ‘fun’ back, they wanted a player in a game to do a forwards roll – to kick a goal or something on the field and then do a somersault … in the ‘98’ GF, Peter Vardy did it.

“The initiative was that every week the ‘challenge’ didn’t go off on, the prize got bigger. In 1999, Baz and Pilko wanted someone to do a drop kick. Matthew Liptak and I both grew up around Glenelg and played at the Bays together. We were both retiring at the end of ‘99’ along with David Pittman, but he was injured and didn’t play. ‘Lippy’ and I said, ‘how about we get together and if we do it we’ll split the prize and have a bit of fun with it?’

“For the last five weeks, Lippy and I were practicing our drop-kicks on Footy Park for half an hour after training every night. After I did the drop-kick, we ended up picking up about $14,000 worth of prizes. We had a lot of fun. We told the players what we were doing and they were comfortable with it. John Reid didn’t see the funny side of it, but it didn’t do any harm. Obviously, the culture and professionalism of the game has changed dramatically since then.

“We got pumped by North Melbourne that day and I remember the Kangaroo blokes having a laugh about my kick after the game. Malcolm Blight was asked about it in the post-match press conference, and he actually referred to the drop kick as the best forward entry we’d had all day because I’d hit Peter Vardy lace-out.”

I remember that game that was brilliant.

Lucky for him that Ray Chamberlain wasn't umpiring... "Drop Kicks are oi-loigol!!!!".

Tommy Powell was in the “blue” team in match sim, Will in the orange. Seemed to be moving well. There was no LDU, so I imagine he was in his place.
Sheez said LDU having 'a light day'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SATURDAY, AUGUST 19​

Richmond v North Melbourne at the MCG, 1.45pm AEST

RICHMOND

In:
T.Cotchin, J.Hopper
Out: J.Bauer (omitted), M.Coulthard (omitted), R.Mansell (sub)

R22 sub: Rhyan Mansell

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
D.Howe, W.Phillips, H.Greenwood, T.Powell
Out: J.Archer (omitted), C.Lazzaro (omitted), J.Stephenson (thumb), B.Cunnington (retired), G.Wardlaw (managed)

R22 sub: Charlie Lazzaro

Looking at that line up makes me sick. Dropping arch who actually knows how to lock down his man and playing Howe. No Bergman aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back