Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Brisbane (Gather Round) *in memory of Scamper*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are. Oh sorry, that’s right other pressure players regularly rack up 30 touches and kick 5 goals a week, forgot.
Find another AFL player who plays regularly who has Kayne Turner's output? You won't find one.
The bloke is terrible. He wouldn't play at any other club in the league.

He does very little, week after week. The only thing you can offer to mount your 'argument' is to cite things that are not justifiable. You can offer nothing substantive to validate anything you're saying.

The guy doesn't get the ball and when he does it's a nightmare. He also isn't offering much defensively.

The nice bloke, tries hard thing has got him quite far.

I'm no Howe fan but not sure why you're comparing him to Curtis and Greenwood, they both play very different roles. They couldn't do half the stuff Howe has to, and vice versa.

The other two can't run out a game yet.
howe is a liability so anyone that can kick a footy is already more worthwhile than having him run around like a headless chook and butchering the footy

Tell Clarko mate.
haha you're the same bloke who was arguing with me when I was laying into David Noble last season and defending him just like you're defending Turner now...

your judgment of anything sucks. so are your argumentative skills. you're trying to argue and promote something as ridiculous as square tyres after your failure to justify triangular ones last year.

howe is a liability so anyone that can kick a footy is already more worthwhile than having him run around like a headless chook and butchering the footy
Howe plays the spare man in defense role in clarko's game plan, he gets to every contest so that we outnumber the opposition and more easily transition the ball back out. It's one of the reasons why we've been better at it this year and why he'll continue to be in the 22 until either A: someone can run and do that better than him, or B the game plan changes and the role is no longer needed.

Howe plays the spare man in defense role in clarko's game plan, he gets to every contest so that we outnumber the opposition and more easily transition the ball back out. It's one of the reasons why we've been better at it this year and why he'll continue to be in the 22 until either A: someone can run and do that better than him, or B the game plan changes and the role is no longer needed.
we've played worse everytime howe has played
he's a plodder who has been delisted from a bottom 4 team and noone wanted him

played the second half of the freo game where he nearly lost it for us with a woeful half
played in both our losses

Brisbane are a weird team. I watch them against anyone else, even when they're winning well and they look like a lowly team who have accidentally got in front.

Loping, ungainly giant forwards, undersized marking flankers etc. Missing sitters. But somehow they're up around the top 4 every year.

Only talking about how they look, not their quality. I'm sure they'll break that perception tomorrow and look like they're playing perfect, beautiful football.

played the second half of the freo game where he nearly lost it for us with a woeful half
18 other players played in both our losses as well.

other massive issue with Howe is he only exacerbates the issue we have with players who have below average/s**t disposal. McDonald, Turner, Ziebell, Simpkin, Scott, Taylor to name the main ones. Potentially harsh on Simpkin but his kicking is probably the weakest area of his game.

I understand Curtis isn't playing great, but why drop a player who has obvious talent's that I would keep playing at this level, and yet keep players with clear deficiencies in the team? It's early, I guess.

I understand Curtis isn't playing great, but why drop a player who has obvious talent's that I would keep playing at this level, and yet keep players with clear deficiencies in the team? It's early, I guess.
Because, surprisingly, effort gets you a fair way in this industry even if you aren't as talented as others. PC's effort has been horrific lately. Worst in the team to my eyes. Now he might still not be 100%, but the reason for the drop off doesn't really matter.

Most of us were happy in the preseason that there'd be competition for spots. Well, that competition applies to everyone. We can't express our happiness with that scenario and then backtrack on it when a talented player gets dropped. That's disingenuous and a bit insulting to the less naturally talented players

We’ve got Clarko. However, it’s heartening to see that it hasn’t lessened the amount of pointless, angsty melting/abuse on here. In fact , it might even have gone up a notch. I was speaking to a Hawks supporter at Marvel last Friday. He told me they used to tear their hair out because Clarko kept selecting Howe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously, Clarko’s number 1 priority is building a good culture. That means you have to give 100% - not negotiable. Howe, Kayne and Scott deliver in spades on that score. Some of our classier players need to get on board or miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Find another AFL player who plays regularly who has Kayne Turner's output? You won't find one.
The bloke is terrible. He wouldn't play at any other club in the league.

He does very little, week after week. The only thing you can offer to mount your 'argument' is to cite things that are not justifiable. You can offer nothing substantive to validate anything you're saying.

The guy doesn't get the ball and when he does it's a nightmare. He also isn't offering much defensively.

The nice bloke, tries hard thing has got him quite far.
He had one turnover and five score involvements and at least one score launch from his six possessions. Maybe two but I haven't watched the replay yet.

So while he didn't get the ball enough, if it was a nightmare on the weekend that nightmare was the opposition's, not ours.

His output on the weekend wasn't enough imo but only cos he didn't get it enough, not cos of what he did when he got it.

Honestly if you and others are gonna criticise him do it on the basis of what happened in the game not your imagination.

haha you're the same bloke who was arguing with me when I was laying into David Noble last season and defending him just like you're defending Turner now...

your judgment of anything sucks. so are your argumentative skills. you're trying to argue and promote something as ridiculous as square tyres after your failure to justify triangular ones last year.
Mate check my history - I wanted Noble gone well before the bye. Think you might be confusing me with someone else. I was telling you that you’d made your point and didn’t need to make it in every thread.

I’m pretty happy to have backed in Ben Jacobs and Jed Anderson on here when I’m sure you were bitching and moaning about them. Happy with my judgement and I value my argumentative skills enough not to waste them on people who think in black and white. Ciao.

Brisbane are a weird team. I watch them against anyone else, even when they're winning well and they look like a lowly team who have accidentally got in front.

Loping, ungainly giant forwards, undersized marking flankers etc. Missing sitters. But somehow they're up around the top 4 every year.

Only talking about how they look, not their quality. I'm sure they'll break that perception tomorrow and look like they're playing perfect, beautiful football.
Yeah agree.

Their midfield of Neale, Dunkley, McBaggage, Ashcroft, Zorko, Lyons and now Bailey and Rayner is pretty handy.

They get silver service from The Big O who is excellent around the ground too.

Charlie Cameron circles our fixture in January every year, knowing he's locked in a lazy 4 or 5..

Yeah agree.

Their midfield of Neale, Dunkley, McBaggage, Ashcroft, Zorko, Lyons and now Bailey and Rayner is pretty handy.

Every VFL level small forward in the league circles our fixture in January every year, knowing he's locked in a lazy 4 or 5..

Efa.

Nodding Yep GIF by Next Level Chef

He had one turnover and five score involvements and at least one score launch from his six possessions. Maybe two but I haven't watched the replay yet.

So while he didn't get the ball enough, if it was a nightmare on the weekend that nightmare was the opposition's, not ours.

His output on the weekend wasn't enough imo but only cos he didn't get it enough, not cos of what he did when he got it.

Honestly if you and others are gonna criticise him do it on the basis of what happened in the game not your imagination.
I was at the game. What have I imagined? You tell me what he is doing other than trying. His output this season is poor - as per usual.
Being second or third to contests regularly, having no ability to win the ball and having no scoreboard impact.. he is absolutely stealing a living at AFL level.

He shouldn't still be playing at AFL level. He even struggled last season when he went back to reserves level.

The team is gaining nothing by playing him at this stage. He doesn't make us any better now - and obviously picking him does no benefit for our future either.

Yeah agree.

Charlie Cameron circles our fixture in January every year, knowing he's locked in a lazy 4 or 5..
yikes that is a good midfield. inside stuff used to be their weakness and why I thought we matched up well.
scrap that... Dunkley and Ashcroft are two massive additions there. Think I'll change my tip.. thought we could dominate out the middle as that's our only avenue to victory. They have us for speed and class around the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back