Preview Round 17 Changes and pre-match discussion vs. Geelong @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Ridiculous that Jack gets "omitted" before LMac. On recent form, and indeed across the year, Jack has delivered more than LMac. Selection integrity my arse.

I don't think Jack as sub is the right move. The sub should ideally be someone who can get into the game quickly, be a burst player, have high impact with shorter game time. That doesn't sound like Jack.

Good changes and good to Lachie in
Greenwood ti had to play for his contested game and experience
Jack has been off the boil for a while now
Bergman was wog last week and needed to be dropped
Perez needs to bring it and be an instigator off half back and not just playing a safe game

First time in his 270 games that Ziebell has been dropped (although some would argue being sub is not dropped)

Good changes
It's the end of an era.

He's copped slot of undeserved s**t on here from people who've never put it on the line for our club the way he has.

Well done Jack.

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weird sub choice. However- Cunners, Goldy and Ziebell fit but omitted from the first team, the times they are certainly a-changing.
I see the very early sub announcement as a form of fan conditioning for JZ getting dropped next week. JZ at least has some positional flexibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact its gonna be 14 is just deflating

At least it probably won't be as bad as last time we met them....probably.

And I've pretty much become desensitized to Luke not being dropped. It will never happen, he's untouchable. We just have to wait out the 3 years of his contract before we are possibly free of him.

What I read out of this is that Goldy is finished. He needs to consider whether he'd rather finish a one-club player, or whether he wants to have one shot at a flag somewhere else. Jack's done too. In a backline as putrid as ours, he's the only casualty. And sadly Cunners was done after the St.Kilda game. We haven't won since and he still can't make the squad.

All of this is fine in my book. This was their team in 2018. It's not anymore. Thanks for the memories - see you in Round 24 for a send off game.

As far LMac, yeah well, they could have dropped him too but I understand dropping the captain is a tougher call. Port can do it after 12 straight wins and with blokes queuing up for his spot. And shuffling unaccountable defenders around is easier that finding new jobs for ruckmen on the backburner. Hope they start him on the bench, Jy leads them out and does the toss - symbolic stuff. The big call on Luke is the captaincy. Simply can't have such an insipid captain in 2024.

Ridiculous that Jack gets "omitted" before LMac. On recent form, and indeed across the year, Jack has delivered more than LMac. Selection integrity my arse.

I don't think Jack as sub is the right move. The sub should ideally be someone who can get into the game quickly, be a burst player, have high impact with shorter game time. That doesn't sound like Jack.
Let's see how Luke goes this weekend with no ambiguity about who is in charge down there.

What I read out of this is that Goldy is finished. He needs to consider whether he'd rather finish a one-club player, or whether he wants to have one shot at a flag somewhere else. Jack's done too. In a backline as putrid as ours, he's the only casualty. And sadly Cunners was done after the St.Kilda game. We haven't won since and he still can't make the squad.

All of this is fine in my book. This was their team in 2018. It's not anymore. Thanks for the memories - see you in Round 24 for a send off game.

As far LMac, yeah well, they could have dropped him too but I understand dropping the captain is a tougher call. Port can do it after 12 straight wins and with blokes queuing up for his spot. And shuffling unaccountable defenders around is easier that finding new jobs for ruckmen on the backburner. Hope they start him on the bench, Jy leads them out and does the toss - symbolic stuff. The big call on Luke is the captaincy. Simply can't have such an insipid captain in 2024.

In Hobart...

Let's see how Luke goes this weekend with no ambiguity about who is in charge down there.

I've never thought that LMac is in charge down there.

The bloke that has shown the most initiative and leadership, has been Log.

Unfortunately for goldy, I can’t see a team in contention after his services. What a fantastic career though.

Good changes and good to Lachie in
Greenwood ti had to play for his contested game and experience
Jack has been off the boil for a while now
Bergman was wog last week and needed to be dropped
Perez needs to bring it and be an instigator off half back and not just playing a safe game

Yeah, we need to use Perez in an attacking role.

His long kicking is okay imo. His shirt kicking can be sketchy. I like the idea of him attacking the intercept, running 10 metres and putting the ball 40-50m into space.

And setting up to take advantage of it.

Especially with Cooper debuting. He can present as an unexpected target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back