Preview Round 17 Changes and pre-match discussion vs. Geelong @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

What I read out of this is that Goldy is finished. He needs to consider whether he'd rather finish a one-club player, or whether he wants to have one shot at a flag somewhere else. Jack's done too. In a backline as putrid as ours, he's the only casualty. And sadly Cunners was done after the St.Kilda game. We haven't won since and he still can't make the squad.

All of this is fine in my book. This was their team in 2018. It's not anymore. Thanks for the memories - see you in Round 24 for a send off game.

As far LMac, yeah well, they could have dropped him too but I understand dropping the captain is a tougher call. Port can do it after 12 straight wins and with blokes queuing up for his spot. And shuffling unaccountable defenders around is easier that finding new jobs for ruckmen on the backburner. Hope they start him on the bench, Jy leads them out and does the toss - symbolic stuff. The big call on Luke is the captaincy. Simply can't have such an insipid captain in 2024.
Yeah no club is taking an ageing 35 year old Goldstein on their list. He’s done

Should be vfl next few weeks then a farewell game for him and ziebell (cunners too if he decides to call it). Wouldn’t give hall a farewell game they can just chair him off in the final vfl game

When is Bonar fit? Never thought I'd say this but we need to bring him in for Corr at some point.

An oxymoron if ever I've seen one.

I understand he sustained a soft tissue injury the first time he got up on his feet and walked around his family home lounge room as a baby. Its been downhill ever since

Yeah no club is taking an ageing 35 year old Goldstein on their list. He’s done

Should be vfl next few weeks then a farewell game for him and ziebell (cunners too if he decides to call it). Wouldn’t give hall a farewell game they can just chair him off in the final vfl game

It has to be the Tigers game Round 23 for all the retirees

Send the Juniors to Rd 24 Hobart

Then, after about 2 weeks, someone will definitely ask, on here:

"How is Corr travelling at the moment? We need to bring him in for Bonar at some point. He is trash."

Yep just like we should have been playing kids after Gather Round

Rd 17, we needed more experienced players

We have a too young and too old list

Hello Scotts

I've pretty much become desensitized to Luke not being dropped. It will never happen, he's untouchable. We just have to wait out the 3 years of his contract before we are possibly free of him.
I've pretty much become desensitized to irate that Luke is not being dropped. Because it will seemingly never happen, and because he's seemingly untouchable. Why do we just have to wait out the 3 years of his contract before we are possibly free of him?

The big call on Luke is the captaincy. Simply can't have such an insipid captain in 2024.
Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

Let's see how Luke goes this weekend with no ambiguity about who is in charge down there.
I haven't noticed JZ trying to organise the backline this year. Yes, indicating when a loose man needs to be covered, but not much beyond that. There might be 'uncertainty' in McDonalds' mind, but I'm not convinced there is ambuiguity. (With BMac and Gus, maybe.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really pleased that we have dropped the senior players, not because I dont love them, but because I think this group of kids and those 100 game players is the group. Of course we still need to plug a few gaps and will be getting another couple of guns (let alone our stashed one), but yeah this is it.

In fact, I expect that barring serious injury these guys wont come back.

They might enjoy killing it in the VFL for a bit, I'm sure cunners and ziebs with goldy will have some fun :)

If people think Corr is bad then they're in for a rude awakening when Bonar comes back. Dreamland stuff thinking he'll be the next Gibson. Gibson's football IQ and ability to read the play was top tier. Bonar has the reaction time of a sloth. He's reactionary and because of it gets burned by his opponent with ease.

Swapping one dud for a bigger dud isn't going to fix our defence.

I haven't noticed JZ trying to organise the backline this year. Yes, indicating when a loose man needs to be covered, but not much beyond that. There might be 'uncertainty' in McDonalds' mind, but I'm not convinced there is ambuiguity. (With BMac and Gus, maybe.)
You have an obvious bias against him tho.

That is what it is. Not judging.

I often expect more of him than he delivers.

You have an obvious bias against him tho.

That is what it is. Not judging.

I often expect more of him than he delivers.
I do, but what I am saying is any ambiguity is probably inferred versus caused by Jack who, to my eyes, seems to be simply assuming his role amongst the others, sometimes really well, sometimes poorly.

It will be the youngest in a long long while - and against a very mature Geelong side.

Average Attributes​
GeelongAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.9cmHeight189.7cm
89.1kgWeight86.6kg
27yr 2mthAge24yr 1mth
130.3Games67.4
Well, if the core group wants to learn how to win, and the fringe ins want another contract, they better nut up, or shut up.

Excited to see Xerri again but dropping Goldstein lowers our odds of getting a late first round/early second pick for him in the trade window.
If we get rid of Goldstein I'm doing a poo in a bag and leaving it on the doorstep of Arden St. The nerve to suggest this, let alone promote it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back