Preview Rd 19 Changes and pre-match discussion vs St Kilda @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the circumstances these changes make some sense. Goldy and Xerri can share the ruck and play a bit forward as a tall object.
Greenwood has a real crack and likes to lay a tackle but he doesn’t offer much with the ball in hand. Would prefer to see Phillips get a run of games and Laz was pretty decent in his last game.

I am tipping they won’t be playing

On a different note what is the games experience?

And then let’s also take the 200 plus gamers out of that equation
Ross the Boss was a little off in his thoughts - the Aints are comfortably more experienced than us in this game.

St KildaAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.0cmHeight188.8cm
85.0kgWeight84.0kg
25yr 4mthAge24yr 2mth
94.6Games79.3
Total Players By Games​
St KildaGamesNorth Melbourne
7Less than 5010
350 to 996
8100 to 1493
3150 to 2001
1200 or more2

Ross the Boss was a little off in his thoughts - the Aints are comfortably more experienced than us in this game.

St KildaAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.0cmHeight188.8cm
85.0kgWeight84.0kg
25yr 4mthAge24yr 2mth
94.6Games79.3
Total Players By Games​
St KildaGamesNorth Melbourne
7Less than 5010
350 to 996
8100 to 1493
3150 to 2001
1200 or more2
100-200 games is the sweet spot for good teams, so for this week it's 11-4.

Eleni whilst I'm sure she's a lovely person, frustrates me as an umpire and her lack of HTB calls.
She is....

sucks the worst GIF

It’s criminal he isn’t listed. Ffs he got like 12 tackles in the 2s

I feel like we’re taking the piss atm
Glad iam not the only one who thinks this, its moot really because the rest of the season are dead rubbers however with the outs no possible way this bloke isnt in the mix, tell me how he couldn't offer more as a fwd than ccj.

Reckon you're overthinking it.

Xerri was no good in the ruck. Hence Goldy is back.
Reckon you are overthinking it

CcJ out so needed a tall in and Goldy was lucky to be last man standing
You’re both overthinking it.

Bit of column a, bit of column b.

X hasn’t set the world on fire and Souv needs a secondary tall target to get the best out of him.

We’re a long way off replacing Goldstein. Should get another year.
Maybe.

Or maybe we should find another replacement for Goldy that isn't on the list...

Edit: JZ as emergency I can deal with. Let developing players get full games that will help us more in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's certainly one take.

Personally I think they are starting to think that he might need a new role over the next couple of years as we replenish the backline.
Think they’re happy with Archer taking his role, but haven’t seen anything from anyone else that can take it. And they know he’s to good a player to drop.

I am tipping they won’t be playing

On a different note what is the games experience?

And then let’s also take the 200 plus gamers out of that equation

He also said something after last week’s game that suggested they would have struggled to beat North Melbourne. If our blokes have any sense of pride they should come out steaming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me naive / stupid, but I still believe that our midfield on paper is better than what it is putting out. This week, centre square rotations of LDU, Thomas, Sheezel, Phillips, Greenwood and Shiels has a good mix of top 10 draftee class and experienced grunt! They all just need to stand up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’ll win.

IMG_0948.gif

I’d like to see Greenwood play. I’m sure the young players would like to have a leader who sets the example instead of the same culprits stuffing up.
We wonder why our youth stagnate or go backwards. They walk in and start as our best players. They’re looking around at the senior players we have not performing and they’re thinking it must be a joke.

It is a joke. How is a guy who was arguably best-on a couple of times earlier this year having to fight for his spot when others don’t?

I’m really not seeing what this administration is bringing anymore. Was hoping for selection standards and reward for effort.

St Kilda by 8 goals.
Greenwood to get 14 tackles in the VFL.
I’ll be mowing my lawn.

Last edited:
I don’t know how we kick a winning score.

Are we relying on 4+ goals from Larkey to be a real chance in this?
Someone will have to prop up for a few.

Understand Powell, Wardlaw and Simpkin are all injured, but the lack of emphasis on midfield at selection the last couple weeks has been staggering.

Kingy pointed out on SEN last night that at least earlier in the year we had capacity to challenge at clearances and contested possessions. That has completely deteriorated in recent weeks.

Play Sheezel in the middle ffs.

Understand Powell, Wardlaw and Simpkin are all injured, but the lack of emphasis on midfield at selection the last couple weeks has been staggering.

Kingy pointed out on SEN last night that at least earlier in the year we had capacity to challenge at clearances and contested possessions. That has completely deteriorated in recent weeks.

Play Sheezel in the middle ffs.

There’s absolutely no accountability or imagination at selection. It was happening when Clarkson was there too. So much for our “proven dream team who know what they’re doing”. Without Sheezel and a couple others, I fail to see where we’re any better than last year or the year before. Greenwood being dropped is an indictment on all involved.

Farrkkkk, I hope the players saw what Lyon said about comparing the 2 teams. He said we’re about the same age profile but the Saints are 6th and we’re 17th sooooo…
What a campaigner to say that before the game. If the team isn’t fired up after those comments then they shouldn’t be playing.
The last time a young North Melbourne list was unfavourably compared to another much-hyped young list, it was late 2000s and it was Richmond - our players stepped up every time they came up against the Tigers for the next 6-7 years to prove a point. They had the last laugh of course but it certainly is a dangerous tactic from Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back