Preview Round 17 Changes and pre-match discussion vs. Geelong @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Goater (if he manages tomorrow alright) and two others who are fast and/or can kick, in for Corr, Lmac and Ziebs. That's the starting point. Few other guys who could be dropped but no idea who for really.
Goater makes sense if he's ready. Can't see a problem with Dawson getting a shot. Has pace, also has kicking limitations, but it'll change up the dynamic somewhat. Perez also an option. Feels like a carousel of mediocrity though really. Archer's the only one of the bunch that I have confidence in eventually becoming a mainstay back there, and even he's got his fair share of issues atm

Out: McDonald (omit), Corr
In: Greenwood, Powell

Have Darcy Tucker play the McDonald role. Have Greenwood play the loose 'big' man floating around the defensive 50.

Minimal changes
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

in: Archer, Young, Xerri
out: Corr, McDonald, Goldstein

Corr to go to Stengle
Young to go to Rohan
Or vice versa.
Bergman & Sheezel will have to do on Miers & Close - could be a good opportunity to learn elite running patterns from two of the best high half forwards.
Leaves Ziebell to Henry which is a bad match-up speed wise but I think Ziebell’s experience could hold him in decent stead.
Tired of being outdone athletically.

Would be looking to phase out Shiels too soon - relative non-factor today but the least of our troubles, so won’t drop him.
I’d potentially give Lazzaro a go over Phillips if he goes like 40+ in the VFL. I’m a believer in Phillips but might be nice to reward some effort and spell in the twos especially in a good twos set up might help.

Forward line - anyone who lays more than 5 tackles in VFL up forward should come in - id set that task to the young boys before tomorrow. Powell will be a nice inclusion for his i50 kick when he’s back fit again, doubt that’s next week though.

Seriously so of you must be humming this tune

Oh, Xerri, our love
Holds on, holds on
Oh, Xerri , our love
Holds on, holds on.

Outs; CCJ, McDonald, Phillips, Greenwood, Shiels and that will do .

In; Archer, Harvey,Goater,Spicy and Dawson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in: Archer, Young, Xerri
out: Corr, McDonald, Goldstein

Corr to go to Stengle
Young to go to Rohan
Or vice versa.
Bergman & Sheezel will have to do on Miers & Close - could be a good opportunity to learn elite running patterns from two of the best high half forwards.
Leaves Ziebell to Henry which is a bad match-up speed wise but I think Ziebell’s experience could hold him in decent stead.
Tired of being outdone athletically.

Would be looking to phase out Shiels too soon - relative non-factor today but the least of our troubles, so won’t drop him.
I’d potentially give Lazzaro a go over Phillips if he goes like 40+ in the VFL. I’m a believer in Phillips but might be nice to reward some effort and spell in the twos especially in a good twos set up might help.

Forward line - anyone who lays more than 5 tackles in VFL up forward should come in - id set that task to the young boys before tomorrow. Powell will be a nice inclusion for his i50 kick when he’s back fit again, doubt that’s next week though.
l thought Corr was out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back