Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Carlton (Good Friday Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a single player across the entire AFL who is a solid best 22 player who came from the mid-season draft?

I can't think of one.
John Noble and Ash Johnson were mentioned earlier - Johnson not a lock yet, but Noble is a vital player in a very good team.

We need to stop Saad… he is one of their most important players with his drive off half back.
Turner and/or Stephenson need to shut down his run & link up plays.

Should be Turners role. Stop him and their d50 transition (which has been a strength for them this year) will take a big hit.
It should be literally all he does. Hassle him, bump him, follow him and cut off the handball receive, go off when he goes off etc. It won't be what Clarko does cos he doesn't seem to like tags but Carlton rely on Saad massively

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing tomorrow's side to the one that faced the Blues in R7 Last year (50pt loss)

Out: Thomas, Perez, Walker, Young, JHF, Mahony, CCJ, Greenwood, Bosenavulagi (Sub)
In: Comben, Sheezel, Powell, Cunnington, Tucker, Corr, Shiels, Phillips, Archer? (Sub)
youre forgetting the biggest and most important change change

Out: nobles
In: Clarkson

Comparing tomorrow's side to the one that faced the Blues in R7 Last year (50pt loss)

Out: Thomas, Perez, Walker, Young, JHF, Mahony, CCJ, Greenwood, Bosenavulagi (Sub)
In: Comben, Sheezel, Powell, Cunnington, Tucker, Corr, Shiels, Phillips, Archer? (Sub)
If we weren't going to play Dawson we should have just kept Walker for one more year. Serviceable and would have helped in the VFL due to his versatility.

Could have used him this week.

If we weren't going to play Dawson we should have just kept Walker for one more year. Serviceable and would have helped in the VFL due to his versatility.

Could have used him this week.
He's a good one on one defender but he's too slow in every other respect. Moves slowly, thinks slowly and makes poor decisions ... slowly.

He's a good one on one defender but he's too slow in every other respect. Moves slowly, thinks slowly and makes poor decisions ... slowly.
Definitely has his limitations but I'd still prefer him as a KPD over Bonar when playing on McKay/Curnow.

Our strike rate with mid season draft is dynamite!

We should be banned from it for our own good.
Edwards, Ham, Hosie, Dawson.

As for Greenwood getting dropped, all I can think of is the game plan and team balance. Clarko clearly thinks that to play well against a quick Carlton side on a fast deck at marvel we need a faster midfield mix. Greenwood gives plenty of desperation and ruck relief but doesn’t provide a lot of run

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely has his limitations but I'd still prefer him as a KPD over Bonar when playing on McKay/Curnow.
Yeah I can see your point. i guess it just depends on how the boys zone up. if they can make that work (and I think its a possibility with good pressure up the ground,) then it shouldn't matter.

So we need Turner to stop Saad and the mids to win the ball and tackle ferociously. if the ball's coming in all over the place thenJZ and bonar might be able to spoil enough of it to stop them.

Can someone explain why greenwood is out?
Banged up knee against west coast
iced it and got up for Freo and then it hampered him last week

Rest will do him again.
Also hes the sub not out

Greenwood is a shocking kick, he makes Turner look good, great hands, tough but kicking much worse than Ando
and Howe disposal is nothing special
so both of them out at least the rest of them can kick ok
now all they have to do is get the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back