Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs whoever we have next week

Remove this Banner Ad

No one in the entire list should be above a stint in the twos if it's seen to be needed.

In particular young players who's form can rise and fall, who are develoiping. Good form in the two's? Alright, back up to the one's again.

No less as has been stated by others, this is clarko's year one auditions. That means stints in the one's, however breif they may be, for others seemingly less deserving. If they grab the brass ring, great. If they dont, back down again.

Pretty happy with those changes, some more youth in and some deadwood out.

I don't understand the logic of putting players out of position in the team sheets, ie Drury CHB and Spicer CHF in the reserves. It doesn't really matter but you might as well place the players in their most likely positions.

Good changes, but man I reckon Greenwood is stiff. Every chance he has had he has looked good imo.

Phillips also very stiff to not be included in the emergencies.

He has great hands, if we are worried about being too slow with him in the middle with Cunners, could we not get a look at him as a medium forward?. Might add some forward 50 tackling too… strange one.

I think “gelling” issues are the least of our worries. Plus really it’s only a couple of “new” players in - the rest aren’t anymore out of the side than CCJ or Comben.

Agreed. Greenwood is also a great stop gap to have in the side for about 3 different positions. And if you make it to 3/4 time without injuries fine sub him then but I feel like he could be used in game very well.
As I said I'm happy for the changes but I think there will be some teething issues. Two players with less than 5 games in Drury and Bergman, even though Bergman I thought did well in the first two games, they still need some time to figure things out at AFL level.
I expect a bit more from Perez and Mahoney. They need to be the one's making up the slack for that experience coming out of the side.
Perhaps Howe could've been kept in, thought he was ok last week, but they probably opted for more runners.

Hall, Turner and Howe have been named as emergencies alongside Charlie Lazzaro who has been impressing in the VFL.

North Melbourne v St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST

NORTH MELBOURNE

In:
B.Drury, F.Perez, L.Davies-Uniacke, M.Bergman, J.Mahony
Out: C.Comben (ankle), C.Coleman-Jones (concussion), A.Hall (omitted), T.Powell (ankle), K.Turner (omitted), D.Howe (sub)

Last week's sub: Daniel Howe

ST KILDA

In:
C.Sharmanhttps://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/upload?https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/atta...1354556&hash=c8b3805786ee0dea8dff454d862527ab
Out: Z.Cordy (omitted), M.Windhager (omitted)
Get home from work. Read this….great start to weekend.

Attachments

• 545108B0-F787-450E-8867-E09F17C8FB32.gif
    545108B0-F787-450E-8867-E09F17C8FB32.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
I reckon this is genuinely the first time in 15 years this board has gone "****en drop everyone and play the kids" in a changes thread and it's actually happened exactly as we suggested

Weird feeling. What do we do now

I reckon this is genuinely the first time in 15 years this board has gone "****en drop everyone and play the kids" in a changes thread and it's actually happened exactly as we suggested

Weird feeling. What do we do now

I’ve asked Chief to shut us down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve asked Chief to shut us down.
mrbig012.jpg

Happy with these changes. Like others, would prefer Greenwood to be the sub as he offers flexibility - can go in midfield, ruck or even as half forward.

I'm guessing Logue will go forward in Chom's absence. In two minds about this. He's been solid down back compared to McKay who's struggling to adapt to new defensive structure. But Logue's more mobile of the two so make sense to half him forward as he can also present up the ground to give the half backs a target coming out of defence.

I'm happy with the changes but I don't think they were gutsy.

Luke McDonald would've been a more Malcolm Blight at the crows type of warning shot.

Howe, Turner and Hall won't have the guys stuttering along like McDonald, Corr or Taylor particularly concerned.

You seriously think this incarnation of Clarko wants to have the players nervously looking over their shoulder and second-guessing everything they do? Granted, if Luke had nervously looked over his shoulder that one time last week, we would have given up one less goal, but still. Clarko is clearly trying to instill confidence in the players to back themselves and not play conservatively to protect their spot in the team.

Last edited:
You seriously think this incarnation of Clarko wants to have the players nervously looking over their shoulder and second-guessing everything they do? Granted, if Luke had nervously looked over his shoulder that one time last week, we would have given up one less goal, but still. Clarko is clearly trying to instill confidence in the players to back themselves and not play conservatively to protect their pot in the team.

Dig that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back