Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs whoever we have next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Is St Kilda list that much better than ours? From the get go they are playing the Ross Lyon way, yet we aren’t remotely playing the Clarko way at the moment

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is the 2016 North list better than our current list?

St Kilda have a decent team playing an excellent system coached by the best game day coach in the league.

They have a handful of guns, some journeymen, but everyone contributes in their role. They will make prelims but they should be investing heavily in youth if they don’t want to fall off a cliff like we did 3 years after challenging.

The interesting thing about logue was that he knew he was coming to north to play as a defender and that’s what clarkson sold to him. I get you need to help the team out, but I wonder how he takes this and if it will actually be useful.
Still don’t get why we don’t go for Greenwood as a high half forward

Well he hasnt been that flash down back in recent weeks.

Having said that, i'd be inclined to move Ziebell forward before Logue.

Hunter clark cup??

Please kneel before talking to me
One of the funniest lines in The Commitments. Bloke was told not to d1ck around when introduced to this other guys dad. "This is my father, Neil" - then looks aghast at his mate who's dropping to his knees. Funny as. You should watch it :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this is genuinely the first time in 15 years this board has gone "****en drop everyone and play the kids" in a changes thread and it's actually happened exactly as we suggested

Weird feeling. What do we do now
Prepare for doom.

Absolutely love the changes but it will be interesting to see who plays where. I actually agree with tz for the first time in a while, swing JZ forward for a week until CCJ is back in. Jack's a pro and will do what clarko asks without hesitation and even if he has a stinker it won't effect him the week after when he's back in defence, and it lets us keep the 3 long term defenders where they belong. It might (probably will) end up being Logue instead, and while not optimal it's understandable.

Good luck to Crafty and Perez in particular this week, ok form and something to play for so leave nothing in the tank lads! Hopefully Drury isn't overwhelmed and is able to enjoy his first game and show us a few good signs.

Not optimistic about the result of the game, but looking forward to it nonetheless.

Personally I don't want to see Logue anywhere near the forward line. We have invested big coin and draft capital to have him as one of our key defensive posts, and the backline hasn't worked as well as it did in Rounds 1&2 with Griff running the show.

McKay, Griff and Corr need game time together.

I’m not sure it’s going to ever work with the three of them but I agree that Griff should stay back as a general of the defence.

I’d play McKay forward as he can’t do any worse

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon this is genuinely the first time in 15 years this board has gone "****en drop everyone and play the kids" in a changes thread and it's actually happened exactly as we suggested

Weird feeling. What do we do now

Prepare to acknowledge how bad our list really is and how little any of us know about team selections.

Play Larkey chf and CZ ff

Play Larkey chf and CZ ff
Good call. I wonder when they will eventually come around to it. Larkey is much better up the ground. He's not a bash and crash monster forward playing out of the goal square. He's neither good at it or built for it. Even though he's lacking a bit of height, I'd rather Zurhaar in the square and Larkey on the 50m

Not against JZ forward. Has heaps of forward nous to put on the plate and does bring a contest. His kicking and hands are better this time around too, could be a point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back