Unofficial Preview Changes for next week vs @Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would depend on match ups with our opponent. Seems like the selection committee are backing one the medium size defenders in to play on Freos third best forward
Are you saying you wouldn’t guarantee McKay Logue and Corr in the team at once based on matchups?

If not then bonar should play whilst McKay isn’t at the very least

And tbh I even like him being more a rebounder/interceptor and not playing on one of the 3 tallest players but the next tallest which would be more his height

Are you saying you wouldn’t guarantee McKay Logue and Corr in the team at once based on matchups?

If not then bonar should play whilst McKay isn’t at the very least
Nope because Corr is versatile enough to play on smaller size defenders if the need arose. Not saying Bonar isn’t versatile, it’s just that Corr is simply a better footballer at the moment

Nope because Corr is versatile enough to play on smaller size defenders if the need arose. Not saying Bonar isn’t versatile, it’s just that Corr is simply a better footballer at the moment
So if the logic is McKay Logue and Corr are best 22

McKay is out
So you want corr playing McKays role who plays corr’s role

Answer bonar should be

So if the logic is McKay Logue and Corr are best 22

McKay is out
So you want corr playing McKays role who plays corr’s role

Answer bonar should be
In that scenario, Logue and Corr play the role of the two key defenders and one of the medium size defenders takes on Corr’a role. Currently it seems Ziebell and McDonald are preferred to Bonar.

I thought that but to be brutally honest, he has looked slow and awkward in his few years with us. Here's hoping he can get back to his versatile best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he shouldn't have been

the only time he should have been considered to go out is when mckay comes back, i guess ziebell will have to make way when that time comes

meanwhile we get another week of bailey scott spudding it up

Phillips should be in our 22
Every time I open a thread is like Groundhog Day…

Disagree
Bonar was good, played a role
Not too many blues
He has to get better offensively and would be eyeing off JZ spot if he is up to it

How is that Backline !
He was pushed under the ball every defensive contest and let his opponent free behind the pack, didn’t kill the spoil and panicked with the ball In hand. But yep, he was good.

Nothing surprising about corr in moreso that it should be for a small

As you mentioned most expect 3 kpd
With McKay out you would expect the next tallest type defender to be there like bonar with corr and logue

In terms of one-on-one defenders, I'd prefer Bonar over Ziebell but Clarko isn't dropping Ziebell.

We currently need the run out of defensive 50 from Goater and Sheezel, we don't really get that from Ziebell or McDonald. Clarko isn't dropping one of the captains either so the club had to basically choose to to drop one of our runners or Bonar. The surprising part is they chose Bergman over Bonar... although Bergman is more a rotation for the smaller defenders rather than a best 18 player.

I think that will mean Ziebell will have to go to the third tall and I am not optimistic about it being a great matchup for us. That being said, the idea some people had that we wouldn't pick a second KPD, if available, for a side that has that many tall forwards was madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back