Votes: 155 92.3%
  • Elijah Tsatas

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • George Wardlaw

Votes: 146 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No ball hunting crabs.

Cunners is slow but a unicorn in many ways.

I don't want crabs who can't run and can't kick as half our list are them.

Christ Isaac Smith is soft as, 48yo and so outside, but he is very damaging, knows running patterns, and is still a gun.

Smith isn’t soft, that is just ridiculous. He plays outside because that’s the strength of his game. He puts his head over the ball when he needs to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Twomey reckons Cadman will be taken at 1, Sheezel at pick 2, Wardlaw at 3, Tsatas at 4

I'll cop this but interesting Ashcroft is not being bid on until #5, Brisbane should be investigated for draft tampering :stern look

My preference Wardlaw and Sheezel
What I think will happen - Sheezel and Tsatas

Is Tsatas a gut feel or you know something? I’d be surprised if we pass on Wardlaw after losing *. I don’t think the hammies are a major issue. The second one was reportedly so minor that he didn’t even get it scanned. He tried to come back to quickly after the initial one.

Is Tsatas a gut feel or you know something? I’d be surprised if we pass on Wardlaw after losing *. I don’t think the hammies are a major issue. The second one was reportedly so minor that he didn’t even get it scanned. He tried to come back to quickly after the initial one.

I read it was 3 hammies

Smith isn’t soft, that is just ridiculous. He plays outside because that’s the strength of his game. He puts his head over the ball when he needs to.

Let's call it even.

He is no Cunners nor is he Polec.

Does that satisfy you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll cop this but interesting Ashcroft is not being bid on until #5, Brisbane should be investigated for draft tampering :stern look
I agree...Brissie didn't look like they would have any picks to satisfy the Dunkley deal knowing they needed the points for Ashcroft and Fletcher plus Gunston then all of sudden GWS make a play for #1 and Cadman, probably think we won't bid on him @ 2 and 3, hedge their bets on the scum don't nominate Ashcroft and if GC does, what started as 3000pts turns into 1878pts hmmm.

I hope North nominate Ashcroft @ pick 2 costing them 2517pts!!

Twomey reckons Cadman will be taken at 1, Sheezel at pick 2, Wardlaw at 3, Tsatas at 4
There was article in the herald sun today, which was from a recruiter talking about all the top prospects in this years draft - he mentioned that Tsatas isn’t the most coachable player. Do you have any intel on this? As soon as I read that, a massive red flag appeared for me, especially considering this was from the mouth of a recruiter.

It’s probably nothing, but it did admittedly raise the eyebrows a bit.

We will get the best 2 of whom are left over after GWS take whoever the * they want now they have Pick 1.

That being so we will still get (or should get) 2 of the top 3 kids in the land.

Get them into a much better coached, development environment (we hope it improves under Clarko/Viney) and they should come along nicely.

It also means we don’t have to throw them to the wolves immediately like Judarse was, not that that created his petulant toxic behaviour that’s all on him!

Does anyone else get Jimmy Toumpas/Paddy Dow vibes from Tsatas?

Does anyone else get Jimmy Toumpas/Paddy Dow vibes from Tsatas?
Dow was more of your inside contested player, where he won over 50% of his disposals at the coal face, Tsatas is both (an accumulating wing-man and inside player) and the best comparison would be Josh Kelly.

Some good observations mate. I personally don't see them anything alike, and their styles and body of work are quite different.

Dow played 3 NAB League games in his draft year - 2 of them were nothing special (23 touches + 21 touches) but he had a great last game of the season (35 touches + 2 goals). He averaged 119 ranking points over these 3 games and 6 score involvements per game. When you compare his underage NAB League season to his draft year, there really wasn't a great deal of improvement noticeable in his game.

He played 4 champs games for an average of 18.5 disposals and honestly didn't really stand out in any of them.

His main issues from my perspective was ability to accumulate, lack of hurt factor and that power he had at U18 level just never translated to the AFL. He regularly broke tackles and got to the outside this way, but at AFL level the tackles stick. Dow also only really showed the ability to play as a genuine inside mid, and this has affected his ability to find another role at AFL level outside of their midfield.
Tsatas on the other hand has played 6 games at NAB League level this year and in all of them he's shown the ability to accumulate, averaging 33.8 touches. He's also averaged 149 ranking point and a competition high 9.8 scoring involvements a game which is a bit surprising, as one of the issues listed with him is his lack of hurt factor.

At Champs level he only played the 1 game against Vic Country and had 29 touches, again showing his ability to accumulate against the best, but he wasn't as damaging with his disposal as he should have been.

Tsatas' main issues for me are a lack of defensive game, disposal by foot at times and tidying up his hands in traffic. He doesn't rely on strength to burst through tackles, but instead his pace to avoid the tackles in the first place. He has demonstrated the ability to play both as an inside genuine midfielder but also a winger.

Hopefully that's helpful

feel like the majority of us want Sheeze/Wardlaw but it wouldnt be a meltdown if it was Sheeze/Tsatas

Tsatas feels like a player that will come out and win the Rising star

Back