• Elijah Tsatas

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • George Wardlaw

Votes: 146 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tsatas feels like a player that will come out and win the Rising star

Agree.

Equally I worry he is one the supporters turn against in years 4+ when he is not working hard defensively and is fluffing kicks.

feel like the majority of us want Sheeze/Wardlaw but it wouldnt be a meltdown if it was Sheeze/Tsatas

Tsatas feels like a player that will come out and win the Rising star
I could definitely see a player like that notching up some 30+ possession games in his first year.

In terms of the existing profile of our midfield, Tsatas is a better fit. But, from what I'm told, Wardlaw is just the better player.

Would be happy with any of the 3.
I want the craft of Sheezel up forward.
I want Wardlaw as he is a genuine gun who could immediately replace JHF, and the only 2 times Ashcroft wasn't BOG this year was when Wardlaw was playing (and he got it)
I want Tsatas because he has an exciting skillset, racks up quality possessions and if we take Wardlaw, could add to the stability as he is Wardlaw's best mate.

The Socials are all saying Sheezel is going to be 1 of the ones we take which rules out a Tsatas/Wardlaw combo but would be happy with any iteration that comes our way

Cal has some fairly good info of top ten as he is well respected and connected with most of the recruiters.

I'd be rapt with a Warlord and Tits4Tats conbo as they are both gun mids.

If we take Snitzels instead of T4T I'd be just as rapt.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

giantroo do you have access to the article? If so would you mind posting please?
North Melbourne is set to secure arguably the best two players in this year's draft, with most clubs understood to not have key forward Aaron Cadman ranked as the No. 1 talent in the open draft.

Greater Western Sydney is set to crown Cadman No. 1 — or No. 2, if it first bids on Brisbane Lions father-son Will Ashcroft — leaving the Kangaroos with the next two selections after Monday’s mega trade.

The Roos, having offloaded No. 1 and Jason Horne-Francis for No. 2, No. 3 and Port Adelaide’s future first-rounder, are expected to take two of Elijah Tsatas, Harry Sheezel and George Wardlaw from the top bracket of players that also includes Jhye Clark, Reuben Ginbey and Bailey Humphrey.

Some clubs do not have Cadman ranked in their top seven players (including Ashcroft) and think using the No. 1 pick on him would be a stretch.

It is not a unanimous view — others firmly believe Cadman is a top-three talent based on his competitiveness and matchwinning traits — and the Giants have been desperate to draft a key forward all season.

But is Cadman simply the best option in a weaker group of talls or is he a genuine goalkicking saviour?

And are the Giants drafting with a different currency given their continual bevy of prized picks?

Clubs often compare output with those who have gone before them in similar positions as they try to decide whether they fit into the King twins or Harry McKay bucket or 2015 strugglers Josh Schache and Sam Weideman.

Even Logan McDonald — who the Kangas also passed up — was left out of Sydney’s grand final team.

Cadman reminds some of Charlie Curnow, but they also say Curnow had more upside than the Darley dazzler.

The concerns on Cadman centre around his contested marking and how he will adapt to AFL when there's no anti-density rule.

Suddenly the likes of Tom Stewart will be flying across packs as third man-up, whereas this year Cadman has had oodles of space to work with.

Cadman is better known for his endurance and temperament rather than his elite speed and experts say he sometimes attempts to mark high balls one-handed.

There is still a lot of love for Cadman and he is a popular teenager and tradie who should settle into live in Sydney. Cadman is clearly a top-10 talent — but is he the best? Or are the Giants drafting on a needs basis?

The consensus from rivals on Tuesday was that gaining an extra top-three selection made sense for the Roos because when you're firmly in rebuild mode you simply want more goes at getting it right.

As St Kilda list boss James Gallagher said: “Typically your gun midfielders, your champion and your star midfielders, come in the first four, five, six picks of the draft”.

Clubs who know Clark say he is straight down the line, consistent and tough … ala Joel Selwood, and Geelong would love to draft him with the No. 7 selection it received along with Jack Bowes from Gold Coast.

Clark might be a touch too early for North’s pair of picks, but Tsatas wouldn’t be.

This kid is a powerful midfielder who can get outside like Ryan Griffen.

He might not the most coachable kid in the draft and perhaps represented a flight risk for West Coast, possibly contributing to its decision to trade down from the No. 2 pick.

Meanwhile Wardlaw is the combative, powerful onballer who reminds some of a country kid even though he's a Melbourne boy at St Kevin’s.

Wardlaw loves 80s and 90s music, but his hamstring haven’t been in tune this year and multiple tears have left some clubs worried about his durability.

And then there's the class of Sheezel, who plays like the striker in the set. Sheezel has strong footy IQ and is as creative — but perhaps not quite as hard — as 2007 Norm Smith Medallist Stevie J once was.

Sheezel has been a gun the whole way through the junior ranks and planting him close to goals will make opponents nervous.

Essendon, lurking at No. 4, will select one of the players in that bracket — possibly Wardlaw, Sheezel or Tsatas.

When you look back at big finals it is rare for key forwards to kick a bag.

The premier usually get it done on the back of a dominant midfield enabling, like Geelong last month, a Tyson Stengle (four goals) and Isaac Smith (three) to bob up on grand final day.

Previously it has been Dustin Martin (four goals in 2019 and 2020) and Sheezel probably fits that mould.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back