• Harry Sheezel

Votes: 155 92.3%
  • Elijah Tsatas

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • George Wardlaw

Votes: 146 86.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people view as Tsatas’ scope/ceiling?

On the surface, a 189cm, lightning, line breaker, that is also a ball pig, is pretty appealing…

Looking forward to changing my combination for the next 6 weeks. Sheez the lock, undecided on the other… glad it’s not my decision.

On the surface, a 189cm, lightning, line breaker, that is also a ball pig, is pretty appealing…

Looking forward to changing my combination for the next 6 weeks. Sheez the lock, undecided on the other… glad it’s not my decision.
Why do you think Rawlings is so keen to trade us out of the top 3 😂

Dees may make a play to trade up as they have before. With P13, Demons F1 and Freo F1 (and Dees + Freo F2) as well to play with.

4 picks in first 2 rounds of next years draft is solid currency. Definitely trumps Sydney’s 14/17

His scope/ceiling is bont

His stat line looks like Walsh to me, other than tackles. He has accumulating similarities to McRae but not the footskills.

When he’s 26-27 he’ll be a strong tall quick 90 meter player. Certainly more outside than inside. But comfortable around stoppages on the perimeter.

These picks will almost certainly end up being 3 & 4 after the Ashcroft bid.
But I for one, am really bullish and excited for our position in this draft.

Based on recent history over the last 10 years, we’d have to be incredibly unlucky to pick out 2 busts from this draft hand. And in most cases, it’s not unreasonable to expect at least 1-of-the-2 players (or both, if lucky) to become an A-Grader down the track.

National Draft Picks 3 & 4 (2013-):

2013: Jack Billings, Marcus Bontempelli

2014: Angus Brayshaw, Jarrod Pickett

2015: Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver

2016: Hugh McCluggage, Ben Ainsworth

2017: Paddy Dow, Luke Davies-Uniacke

2018: Izak Rankine, Max King

2019: Luke Jackson, Lachie Ash

2020: Will Phillips, Logan McDonald

2021: Finn Callaghan, Nick Daicos

2022: ?? & ??

Bolded who I consider to be A-Grade or in the case of Rankine, Jackson & LDU, on their way to be (probably as soon as next season).

Agree. Surely we are crying out for a fwd and outside run
Another inside mid means another inside mid playing out of position
I know they say take the best available & in this case - (assuming GWS take Cadman) I’m really starting to warm to Tsatas . I actually had him behind Wardlaw & Sheezel bit I now think the way he plays , he will be the one to make an immediate impact compared to all of them . Outside runner , ball magnet & has the body to turn into a big bodied mid as well .
I think we have enough of these type of Wardlaw mids with Cunners, Jed (if he stays) , Jy , Greenwood, Powell , Phillips , Ldu , Thomas etc .
I was up to yesterday a (wardlaw & sheezel) pick But now I think we are best to go with Sheezel & Tsatas .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These picks will almost certainly end up being 3 & 4 after the Ashcroft bid.
But I for one, am really bullish and excited for our position in this draft.

Based on recent history over the last 10 years, we’d have to be incredibly unlucky to pick out 2 busts from this draft hand. And in most cases, it’s not unreasonable to expect at least 1-of-the-2 players (or both, if lucky) to become an A-Grader down the track.

National Draft Picks 3 & 4 (2013-):

2013: Jack Billings, Marcus Bontempelli

2014: Angus Brayshaw, Jarrod Pickett

2015: Callum Mills, Clayton Oliver

2016: Hugh McCluggage, Ben Ainsworth

2017: Paddy Dow, Luke Davies-Uniacke

2018: Izak Rankine, Max King

2019: Luke Jackson, Lachie Ash

2020: Will Phillips, Logan McDonald

2021: Finn Callaghan, Nick Daicos

2022: ?? & ??

Bolded who I consider to be A-Grade or in the case of Rankine, Jackson & LDU, on their way to be (probably as soon as next season).
Draft well and we set the club up for a decade. No one could f*** both these picks up.

I can't decide who I don't want out of Wardlaw, Tsatas, and Sheezel.

I feel like Wardlaw is the least of our needs, but is, if he passes the medical, going to be the best out of the three. Our only mid like him is LDU In my opinion.
Sheezel has to be pick 2

I was Sheeze lock into Wardlaw now iv woken up Sheeze into Tsatas

Funny you say that. I've been wary of Tsatas' footskills. BUT it's hard to look past his combination of height, potentially a strong (not huge) build and athleticism. Plus he finds the ball.

The disposal might be able to be improved or at least his decision making sharpened up enough to make a weapon out his strengths.

Dear Brady & Co - I know landing Hunter Clark would be a nice filip after years of misses, I know next year is supposedly a mega-super-dooper draft. Apparently.

But please, just this once don't get tricky? We never got a 'real' priority pick back in the day and have never brought in 2 absolutely elite top end of draft kids together before.

Why not just keep the hand we fought for now and bring in our own Petracca-Brayshaw, Roughie-Buddy combo to help build some real success?

Dear Brady & Co - I know landing Hunter Clark would be a nice filip after years of misses, I know next year is supposedly a mega-super-dooper draft. Apparently.

But please, just this once don't get tricky? We never got a 'real' priority pick back in the day and have never brought in 2 absolutely elite top end of draft kids together before.

Why not just keep the hand we fought for now and bring in our own Petracca-Brayshaw, Roughie-Buddy combo to help build some real success?

Sincerely,

BigFooty

Has to be whichever two of Sheezel, Cadman and Wardlaw are available. Need players who can consistently hit targets, given that turnovers and ineffective disposals are two of our biggest issues.

As a prospect, I think the best comparison to Tsatas is our own Stephenson.

Stephenson started his year up forward, but had that stretch in the middle where he was getting the ball 30+ times a game. They both were that inside/outside receiver type with great speed and shaky disposal. I struggle to think of any other accumulators at u18 level with that combination of ball-winning and speed.

Tsatas has a much better frame that suggests he’ll have an easier time transitioning to becoming a full time midfielder, and there’s also more upside to his disposal when compared to Stephenson.

Back