List Mgmt. (Poll) Whos on your shortlist for pick 23?

Whos on your shortlist for pick 23?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can make up to 3 selections in this poll. Also feel free to change your selections poll will be open for 12 days.

Ive tried to include players who I think have a chance to make it to 23. Some wont which is why we have 3 selections each.

Ive included both a slider and a bolter option as both of these are possible also.

For me slider is the most obvious option but im going to ignore it as I want to pick 3 players.

Im going to select Jakob Ryan as one of my 3 as I think he will make it to 23 and I really like him and im less sure the others make it through.

Next is Lachie Cowan.

Last spot is really tough. I like a few but im gunna go with Olli Hotton.

Exactly list balance has been poor for 3 years now. There are talls there so take them ideal world we would have opened a 5th senior spot to have more flexibility but due to this 23 needs to be a tall
Are we expecting a tall drafted at pick 23 to play next season ahead of Comben, CCJ or Xerri?

I agree that we need a KPF but we also need a lot of other things.

I don't want to waste pick 23 chasing fit by drafting a KPF who won't play next season. Then we draft a CHF in the top 5 next year, or we get someone in trade week, and this pick 23 never plays a game.

I would prefer a good HBF or small forward who might play 100+ games for us.

If a KPF is close to the best pick then take them, by all means. I just dont want to force it.

Are we expecting a tall drafted at pick 23 to play next season ahead of Comben, CCJ or Xerri?

I agree that we need a KPF but we also need a lot of other things.

I don't want to waste pick 23 chasing fit by drafting a KPF who won't play next season. Then we draft a CHF in the top 5 next year, or we get someone in trade week, and this pick 23 never plays a game.

I would prefer a good HBF or small forward who might play 100+ games for us.

If a KPF is close to the best pick then take them, by all means. I just dont want to force it.
We need KPFs. Apart from Larkey and Goldstein we have no one capable of playing as a tall forward with more than 25 games experience. Only Xerri has more than 20 games under his belt and he's the least qualified of the three. There's a real chance that at the end of next year the only effective tall forward we have on our list is Larkey. We need to draft tall forwards as a priority. We have two sides that we need to fill with KPFs so we have proper depth and competition for spots at the AFL level. That means at least 4 KPFs/three and CCJ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we wanted a kpf we shouldnt have traded up to 23.

I dont think either Gruz or Keeler are close to best available at that pick.
Some draft ratings didn't have Kosi Pickett in the top 30 yet the Dees traded to target him and he ended up a crucial part of the premiership season in 2021 (even if he had a poor game on the actual day of the GF.)

Melbourne thought his value to their side was worth pick 12 and some ratings didn't have him in the top 30. As it was he was a bargain at pick 12 despite whatever happens from now on. He could quit tomorrow and still be a bargain.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Dancing GIF

Cowan, Konstanty or Ryan for mine.

Would love a tall forward but that seems unlikely.

We traded a F2 for this pick. We must get a player who will play a long time for us so BPA who will have a role in the team within the next couple of years.

Some draft ratings didn't have Kosi Pickett in the top 30 yet the Dees traded to target him and he ended up a crucial part of the premiership season in 2021 (even if he had a poor game on the actual day of the GF.)

Melbourne thought his value to their side was worth pick 12 and some ratings didn't have him in the top 30. As it was he was a bargain at pick 12 despite whatever happens from now on. He could quit tomorrow and still be a bargain.
If thats the case and we rate a KPF up there then I am in favour of picking them.

But I wouldn't draft a key forward there if its only for fit/need.

We’ll take whoever is first remaining on our board. It’s the perfect spot for one on our shortlist to slip out. If we weren’t expecting some drifters out of our “first round” then we’d just live trade like we have for Curtis and Curtis.

Back