Play Nice Jobe Watson hands back Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry why are people praising him exactly? The fact that it was even his decision is a ******* disgrace on the AFL's behalf, and the fact that he's taken so long to hand back a best and fairest medal when he was a drug cheat is even more of a ******* disgrace.

A ******* disgrace all round. The AFL, Essendon and Jobe should be ashamed of themselves.
Don't hold back now.

Well the Brownlow recognises an outstanding season, not career. Cotchin had a blinder in 2012

...right

Sam Mitchell has the following records:
- Most votes by a player to come 2nd in a Brownlow (30 votes in 2011)
- Equal most career votes at 220 (with GAJ)
- Has received votes in more games than any other player

Pretty sure he deserves a Brownlow more than Cotchin.

I think the 2012 Brownlow should be left vacant but I'm sure the AFL will prefer names in the record books and the whole doping saga swept under the carpet as much as possible.

Not impressed by Jobe's stance on this throughout the whole affair TBH. Self serving until the last.

Can't wait for Sam Mitchell to politely decline the Brownlow, minutes after Cotchin accepts his.

Psyche!!

Players trusted the club so really didn't know the legality of what they were doing,trusted the club like family.

Classy by Jobe and I truly think Cotchin will be guilty accepting it.

Just happy the saga is over,drained every supporter dry and our game.

Now onto a comp with 18 full teams and more chances for the footy world and media to put the boot into their grand finals,Richmond.:p:rainbow::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell and Cotchin will be celebrating deliriously. To be the equal second-best players in the competition and win such an award will be exciting for them. Will Dane Swan be trotted out for the presentation? If so, he too will be thrilled to get the job, again. Perhaps it could be presented before the start of next season's Grand Final.

I think the 2012 Brownlow should be left vacant but I'm sure the AFL will prefer names in the record books and the whole doping saga swept under the carpet as much as possible.

Not impressed by Jobe's stance on this throughout the whole affair TBH. Self serving until the last.

Bit sad to leave it vacant because Watson cheated. What if he didn't have the supplements and only polled half the votes that year? Cotchin and Mitchell would have been tied for it.

Why is cheating on drugs any different to being disqualified for a suspension?

...right

How much a player "deserves" the 2012 Brownlow depends on their contributions to the "2012" season. Who would have thought!

Well done Jobe, an honourable thing to do. He has conducted himself very well over the last few years in what must have been a very tough period. If Hird was any kind of guy he would give Jobe his medal in lieu. But cant see that happening given the way Hird has conducted himself and deflected as much blame away as he could during this whole saga. He should hang his head in shame this day has come for Watson.

Doubt it was his decision. I would put money on him being told it was going to be taken away and the AFL gave him the chance to look like he has some dignity.

Didn't drag it out like Hird #creditwhereitsdue

146891_9d2927fbaec0b0a981ddd0f6b4e100d0.gif

Exclusive footage of Sam Mitchell's reaction to the news.

...right

Cotchin had a ripper 2012. Mitchell has had a ripper career but it only takes a decent season to win a brownlow. Both are worthy recipients considering it was based on 2012 and 2012 ONLY.

A question ... if the medal is given to Mitchell and Cotchin, does that mean betting agencies would to pay out bets people made on either of these players winning the medal?

No, fineprint for betting agencies stipulate that the payout is for the official declared result at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back