No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even touching the Hird stuff. I can't stand the man but wish him well.

The only thing I will say on the subject is the term "mental health" is thrown around like lollies these days and used as an excuse for any behaviour that isn't judged as "normal". This isn't in reference to Hird at al just society as a hole and the excuses we allow pole to make for their behaviour.

Take me for example. I have no mental health issues( yes ok that could be argued :) ) but I'm an ass. I'm an ass simply Coz I'm an ass no excuses or mental issues.
How was your mental health when you were laid up with the
knee injury, did the surgery make you a little anxious or
maybe even depressed ? How pleasant were you during
the recovery and rehab ? We all have issues mate all you
need is a trigger and most of the time you are not aware
it is even happening.

How was your mental health when you were laid up with the
knee injury, did the surgery make you a little anxious or
maybe even depressed ? How pleasant were you during
the recovery and rehab ? We all have issues mate all you
need is a trigger and most of the time you are not aware
it is even happening.

Lol nah mate I'm all good and mental health isn't being a little upset or annoyed because your laid up for a while.

Plenty people in the world much worse off than me.

I am who I am because I choose to be and won't use excuses for how I am other than that's who I want to be

The only thing I will say on the subject is the term "mental health" is thrown around like lollies these days and used as an excuse for any behaviour that isn't judged as "normal". This isn't in reference to Hird at al just society as a hole and the excuses we allow pole to make for their behaviour.

Take me for example. I have no mental health issues( yes ok that could be argued :) ) but I'm an ass. I'm an ass simply Coz I'm an ass no excuses or mental issues.

And I always thought you had mental health issues. Just an ass. Will take your word for it.

And I always thought you had mental health issues. Just an ass. Will take your word for it.

Agree MD , we are continually excusing all sorts of people these days for all sorts of bad behaviour.
Personal responsibility is now a foreign concept to a increasing number of people these days.

Strange you and me are having a deep and meaningful , I think I need to see a shrink ;)

Agree MD , we are continually excusing all sorts of people these days for all sorts of bad behaviour.
Personal responsibility is now a foreign concept to a increasing number of people these days.

Strange you and me are having a deep and meaningful , I think I need to see a shrink ;)

True that mate

It's part of this "new world" now where people are just way too soft and want to "talk" about everything instead of acting.

No one is really responsible for their actions they all must have mental health issues or health issues for all actions.

Every second person has depression or autism or some other crap to excuse how they behave.

100% there are legitimate sufferers but these days if your a little upset your depressed and need time off and meds.

It's beyond a joke and it's why this country is going backwards at ward speed.

That and some other major issues like political correctness and the growing rate of gigantic pussies

Lol nah mate I'm all good and mental health isn't being a little upset or annoyed because your laid up for a while.

Plenty people in the world much worse off than me.

I am who I am because I choose to be and won't use excuses for how I am other than that's who I want to be
Tell that to Daniel Menzel, Clay Smith, Anthony Morabito or
Alex Johnson it does affect you and test your resolve as
a person. Those guys are among my favourite players
because they have massive inner strength, i was happiest
for Clay Smith when we won the Flag because he earned
it through the dark times. Glad to hear your knee is all
good too.:thumbsu:

True that mate

It's part of this "new world" now where people are just way too soft and want to "talk" about everything instead of acting.

No one is really responsible for their actions they all must have mental health issues or health issues for all actions.

Every second person has depression or autism or some other crap to excuse how they behave.

100% there are legitimate sufferers but these days if your a little upset your depressed and need time off and meds.

It's beyond a joke and it's why this country is going backwards at ward speed.

That and some other major issues like political correctness and the growing rate of gigantic pussies

How did our grandparents cope without all the pills and counselling??

Psychs and related fields are the new high priests of modern behaviour - with the ability to medicalise just about any behaviour into 'mental illness'. Anyone doubting this need only look up how you can obtain a diagnosis of 'Adjustment Disorder' in the DSM IV.

Like religion used to be - mental illness is always referred to in hushed tones as we mustn't upset anyone.

Ironically many psychs would see themselves as champions of diversity - but in medicalising behaviour they reduce us all to the same mentally ill (or potentially ill) 'patients' in need of counselling or anti depressants or Huxley's 'soma'.

Psychs and related fields are the new high priests of modern behaviour - with the ability to medicalise just about any behaviour into 'mental illness'. Anyone doubting this need only look up how you can obtain a diagnosis of 'Adjustment Disorder' in the DSM IV.

Like religion used to be - mental illness is always referred to in hushed tones as we mustn't upset anyone.

Ironically many psychs would see themselves as champions of diversity - but in medicalising behaviour they reduce us all to the same mentally ill (or potentially ill) 'patients' in need of counselling or anti depressants or Huxley's 'soma'.

The reality is today's work is 1000 times more medicated than past eras and behaviour is goong south at the rate of knots.

Not due to health issues but due to the growing amount of morons who think the "super nanny" theory of talking to everyone and asking why they are behaving violently or unsociable instead of discipline and real penalties.

If you disagree with any of the main stream issues of today that the media dribble out your a bigot or racist or sexist or homophobic or intolerant.

I can't imagine the world my poor kids will have to live in where if things continue you won't be able to say a bloody think without repercussions.

Oh and as far as I'm aware no one in history has ever died from being "offended".

The reality is today's work is 1000 times more medicated than past eras and behaviour is goong south at the rate of knots.

Not due to health issues but due to the growing amount of morons who think the "super nanny" theory of talking to everyone and asking why they are behaving violently or unsociable instead of discipline and real penalties.

If you disagree with any of the main stream issues of today that the media dribble out your a bigot or racist or sexist or homophobic or intolerant.

I can't imagine the world my poor kids will have to live in where if things continue you won't be able to say a bloody think without repercussions.

Oh and as far as I'm aware no one in history has ever died from being "offended".

Mattdougie are you saying no-one in history has ever committed suicide from being bullied or teased, or who they are being constantly demeaned and put down?

I'd have a careful think about that. Happens all the time. So yes, people do die from being 'offended'.

ps sorry if that is too pc for you, I know you are pretty tuff.

I can't ******* stand Hird for what he's done. However feel sorry for his family and especially the kids (they will cop it for the rest of their lives), and don't wish mental health issue against anybody. Hopefully he can get his head in the right space for his family

Mattdougie are you saying no-one in history has ever committed suicide from being bullied or teased, or who they are being constantly demeaned and put down?

I'd have a careful think about that. Happens all the time. So yes, people do die from being 'offended'.

I think MD is well aware there will always be those that fall through the cracks , so to speak , and concedes they need all the help we can give.
But the world has been and always will be a tough place , we seem to have invented new industries offering us utopia springing up everywhere , leaving fewer and fewer tax payers to fund them.

Take a look at what governments are now involved in that they weren't 50 years ago .
As we have said the new world is to take personal responsibility out of the conversation.

Never thought I'd say this but you're spot on MD.
My dad suffers from serious mental health issues, there almost needs to be another word for what a lot of people suffer or "suffer" from (" " referring to what you mentioned above).

Mental health is gaining public interest and being reported and identified, which is great, but it also means that the umbrella that is mental health is growing and growing. People that have very different problems and severity levels are being lumped together, and it's not helping those with real serious issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Grandparents did not have fast food outlets poisoning their
souls and technology was a hills hoist, concussions were part
of everyday life and the coach would say you have to run it
off or work through it to be a man. Yes some things have
changed for the worst and we are too reliant on technology
for our own good. Some of you blokes would give a dinosaur
the arcade game asteroids and think it was funny when the
said dinosaur broke down in tears. I am off to take my
medication now and drink a glass of concrete so i can be
hard like you guys.;)

No mate not from being offended that's a different issue.

Of course people have real mental issues and do sad and tragic things to themselves and others I was not referring to these people and I don't think that can be classified as people who are offended. Bullying is a separate issue.

I was referring to the growing number of people who are offended by everything everyone says. Looking for excuses to voice their opinions on things most of them have no idea about and never will. Generalising most are middle aged, upper to middle class people or Uni students who most have never wants for a day of their lives.

Never thought I'd say this but you're spot on MD.
My dad suffers from serious mental health issues, there almost needs to be another word for what a lot of people suffer or "suffer" from (" " referring to what you mentioned above).

Mental health is gaining public interest and being reported and identified, which is great, but it also means that the umbrella that is mental health is growing and growing. People that have very different problems and severity levels are being lumped together, and it's not helping those with real serious issues.

100% correct mate and the growing number of "new" mental health issues detract from the people, like your father, who have real issues.

Real mental health issues cannot be fixed with a 1gram hit of ritolin or Vicodin. Behaviour issues are not always due to mental health some people are just no good

hard like you guys.;)

No our grandparents fought in wars - they had it easy. I'm tipping they'd rather a Big Mac than a howitzer shell being lobbed on them. Just IMO.

hard like you guys.;)

I actually preferred gyruss and was a gun at it.

But your little comment shows that again if you disagree with the main stream you are a dinosaur apparently.

You use fast food and tech as excuses. What we are saying is regardless the reason in most cases YOU should be held responsible for your actions.

Why is it that everyone that takes illicit drugs has a mental health issue when they get caught? So no one takes coke Coz they simply enjoy the high like millions have in the past? It now has to be a mental issue?

Too many excuse for too many people that have not a single thing wrong with them other than bad decisions or choices and a society that accepts this because words are nasty and discipline only caused more mental health issues.

I actually preferred gyruss and was a gun at it.

But your little comment shows that again if you disagree with the main stream you are a dinosaur apparently.

You use fast food and tech as excuses. What we are saying is regardless the reason in most cases YOU should be held responsible for your actions.

Why is it that everyone that takes illicit drugs has a mental health issue when they get caught? So no one takes coke Coz they simply enjoy the high like millions have in the past? It now has to be a mental issue?

Too many excuse for too many people that have not a single thing wrong with them other than bad decisions or choices and a society that accepts this because words are nasty and discipline only caused more mental health issues.

Stop being a dinosaur - you insensitive bigot...

I like Yojimbos posts but his post is an example of how questioning the not so brave new world opens you up to criticism.

Disappointing but this 'basket of deplorables' way of putting down folk who question things is pretty standard. It's interesting how the champions of 'diversity' operate when their world view is questioned.

Last edited:
No our grandparents fought in wars - they had it easy. I'm tipping they'd rather a Big Mac than a howitzer shell being lobbed on them. Just IMO.

And they all came home with ptsd and due to the fact that mental health wasn't a thing they dealt with it by themselves which unfortunately for a lot of them resulted in suicides, lifelong depression, insomnia from recurring nightmares, and most common of all, drinking themselves to death and in a lot of those cases beating up the wife and kids the whole while.

But that's cool we've only just invented mental health issues now in our overly pc world. Our grandparents coped fine without the ability to diagnose and treat because it wasn't a thing.

I think MD is well aware there will always be those that fall through the cracks , so to speak , and concedes they need all the help we can give.
But the world has been and always will be a tough place , we seem to have invented new industries offering us utopia springing up everywhere , leaving fewer and fewer tax payers to fund them.

Take a look at what governments are now involved in that they weren't 50 years ago .
As we have said the new world is to take personal responsibility out of the conversation.

I think the whole point of diagnosing and treating these issues benefits society add a whole and makes us wealthier. Otherwise governments wouldn't stump up for it.

eg my mate is so stressed about his new job he can't stop his hands from shaking. Why? I dunno. Doesn't seem that stressful to me. But does he have a problem? Yes. What is economically more beneficial? Letting him go down the gurgler until it becomes something much worse. Or as a society getting him the help he needs so he can deal with his anxiety, do his job properly, be a good dad, and continue to be a valued tax payer into King Harold's royal coffers? ☺

This is the sort of low level stuff that I get the vibe people just think harden up and deal with it. But economically as well as societally we are much better off if we do.

hard like you guys.;)
This was the first thing I thought in regards to some of the comments. I think some people are underestimating the effect modern food and technology may be having on our brains.
Our grandparents also lived in far simpler times when their roles in society were far easier defined.

TD69 level spelling and grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back