Analysis Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

Is Rocky the Right Man for the Job?

• Yes

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you have to look cool/brutal/ruthless and say that to someone direct ? Wth man.
Mate I see worse things said about players and no one bats an eye. Players read these forums believe it or not yet I'm a criminal wtf. I didn't even say anything offensive I am a huge fan of nick robbo love the way he goes about it but just being realistic. Would love you be proven wrong and him to cement himself in our best 22.

How? He came on the board because his son plays for the lions. He's got what a year to run on his contract? I am a fan of robbo but he'll need a big year to get an extension and at this rate I can't see that happening. Don't really expect him to stick around if that's the case.

Come on Leemas you are better than this - that is really harsh and unwarranted.

If I wrote that , I would be reflecting on what I said, owning it, acknowledging it and be sending out an apology asap.

I really enjoy reading your posts mate....... but that is going too far.

Wow, you really are a bit of a prick.. Im backing young Robbo in and regardless you have no place making comment on him or his dad's personal life. Have a good hard look at yourself..

remember these are humans who happen to be good at football, so good infact they play for the club we all love, but they deserve the respect that anyone else does.
Yet no one has shown rocky the same respect in this thread? Anyway this is going no where I'm done responding to everyone in this thread.

People trash players all the time I'm really confused as to what I did that have got you all mad. I really don't think it's an unreasonable thing to suggest. I mean Robbo18! is it unreasonable to suggest you would have no further participation on this board if your son is no longer contracted to the lions?

And all this shouted down stuff - in person I never have these reactions. I don't change the way I talk whether online or in person and I've never had any negative reactions. Well not this negative anyway.

Im really not trying to be antagonistic as you can see I've tried to move the conversation along multiple times yet I keep getting quoted by the same blokes having more cheap shots. Always the same 3 guys it does get frustrating.

Don't put it on Robbo. Whether or not he has a problem with it, or you have a problem with it, there are many posters who don't want to see personal swipes taken at people about things they obviously care about a lot.

Just because it feels like the same people taking shots at you doesn't mean everybody else is cool with how you conduct yourself.

But even if the rest of us tolerate your aggressive style for the most part, there's a line somewhere, and as far as I'm concerned you've passed it.

People trash players all the time I'm really confused as to what I did that have got you all mad. I really don't think it's an unreasonable thing to suggest. I mean Robbo18! is it unreasonable to suggest you would have no further participation on this board if your son is no longer contracted to the lions?

And all this shouted down stuff - in person I never have these reactions. I don't change the way I talk whether online or in person and I've never had any negative reactions. Well not this negative anyway.

Im really not trying to be antagonistic as you can see I've tried to move the conversation along multiple times yet I keep getting quoted by the same blokes having more cheap shots. Always the same 3 guys it does get frustrating.
Get in the bin mate.

Don't put it on Robbo. Whether or not he has a problem with it, or you have a problem with it, there are many posters who don't want to see personal swipes taken at people about things they obviously care about a lot.

Just because it feels like the same people taking shots at you doesn't mean everybody else is cool with how you conduct yourself.

But even if the rest of us tolerate your aggressive style for the most part, there's a line somewhere, and as far as I'm concerned you've passed it.
Look if I've upset you all this badly I apologise. I still don't see how/where I crossed the line as I don't believe I trashed robbo at all and have reiterated several times how much of a fan of him I am and how I would love to be proven wrong. Also just explained what I said because I thought you guys thought I was poking fun at age/death which is abhorrent.

A little bit ironic after all the rocky bashing going on to be fair but I now see what has made you guys upset. Don't worry won't happen again. Apologies if I've upset you robbo.

1312777.jpg

I understand the reaction to Leemas. I have felt the same about some of the stuff said about rocky - some of the personal attacks crossed the line for me.
Fair enough there are problems but to me the vitriol passed acceptable and went into bullying territory. And yes, he has been accused and found guilty on this forum of bullying players. That doesn't make it acceptable for us to do the same. The players in question have the players association as a union to support them and now new coaching staff. Rocky's behaviour is under scrutiny and he will be justifiably held accountable for his actions.

I understand the reaction to Leemas. I have felt the same about some of the stuff said about rocky - some of the personal attacks crossed the line for me.
Fair enough there are problems but to me the vitriol passed acceptable and went into bullying territory. And yes, he has been accused and found guilty on this forum of bullying players. That doesn't make it acceptable for us to do the same. The players in question have the players association as a union to support them and now new coaching staff. Rocky's behaviour is under scrutiny and he will be justifiably held accountable for his actions.

I can't recall any personal attacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I walked back from lunch composing a diatribe in my head and perfectly comfortable with the idea that I would be facing my first holiday as a result. By the time I got back the card had been handed out and I cooled down, but geez, for someone who has a tendency to post low low comments and then feign mock outrage/ surprise at the response, that was the lowest...

I don't think **** would consider Rocky an outsider, he is still clearly an important part of the team this year. As others have said it benefits everyone if he has a great season. But doesn't mean he will be here next year.

As for **** defence of Rocky, I don't know what people expect him to say. The question was asked because clearly there was an issue , the answer was truthful in the sense that Rocky had trained the house down. But he is always going to tow the correct pr line. And for those saying what was said went past just answering the question, well Fagan does like to talk...a lot.
It seems to me we can all argue either way what Fagan meant. March can't come soon enough.

There will either be gloating from those who claim to know or this place is going to go belly up. One thing for sure is if rocky does end up being captain, I apologise to the mods in advance :p.

Interesting but not exactly surprising that some people prioritise their desire to witness a hypothetical "meltdown" on an Internet forum over the needs of the team.

Also interested in this rumoured match simulation if someone can find out more. Hard to get to training with the little tacker but would try and make it work.

It seems to me we can all argue either way what Fagan meant. March can't come soon enough.

There will either be gloating from those who claim to know or this place is going to go belly up. One thing for sure is if rocky does end up being captain, I apologise to the mods in advance :p.
I think the place went belly up a while ago, but the grown ups are in charge now.

I'm not worried about any meltdowns, I will put it that way.

And for gloating ? Well in many ways we all want the same thing, the club to be successful. That isn't going to happen until the leadership structure has the right people in place at all levels. I think we are moving in/ have moved in the right direction at the top level, the rest will permeate down. Does that mean Rocky is in the frame to be captain, in my opinion it's an unequivocal no. But we can argue that until the cows come home.

I think the place went belly up a while ago, but the grown ups are in charge now.

I'm not worried about any meltdowns, I will put it that way.

And for gloating ? Well in many ways we all want the same thing, the club to be successful. That isn't going to happen until the leadership structure has the right people in place at all levels. I think we are moving in/ have moved in the right direction at the top level, the rest will permeate down. Does that mean Rocky is in the frame to be captain, in my opinion it's an unequivocal no. But we can argue that until the cows come home.
It's off season what else are we meant to argue about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back