Father & Son & Academy Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Hows it work though?
Do we have any rights to him at all?

I can't find anywhere online that's crystal clear exactly what rights clubs have over academy players. Most people think that this year clubs will have full rights to academy players in the same way they do Father Son prospects.

Naish very impressive in the academy game, his movement is elite and kicking is not an issue for me. You have a star here simple as that. Outside classy player so Wing and Flanks would be his best spot.
Heard the opposite, no good, probably late 3rd round pick at best.

I can't find anywhere online that's crystal clear exactly what rights clubs have over academy players. Most people think that this year clubs will have full rights to academy players in the same way they do Father Son prospects.
I know for certain that we have the same rights as the northern clubs when it comes to academy players. Source is someone high up in our football department. As for David Smith we consider that he "definitely has AFL traits" and we rate him. Source is someone in our recruiting department.

I know for certain that we have the same rights as the northern clubs when it comes to academy players. Source is someone high up in our football department. As for David Smith we consider that he "definitely has AFL traits" and we rate him. Source is someone in our recruiting department.
So other teams get the opportunity to bid on him which we then have to match ? Academy and F/S picks could be more than handy in the next couple of drafts.

Smith kicked 2 of the bushrangers 5 goals on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyle Clarke named in the best players for the Bushies. (eligible next year).

497217.jpg

499825.jpg

In regards to Naish, are we going to definitely pick him up as a F/S or will we treat him as any other draftee and if he is not up to scratch or is not what we need will we overlook him.
I ask this as i have no idea what type of player he is or if he is any good and if he didn't have the Naish name would this board be even talking about him.

In regards to Naish, are we going to definitely pick him up as a F/S or will we treat him as any other draftee and if he is not up to scratch or is not what we need will we overlook him.
I ask this as i have no idea what type of player he is or if he is any good and if he didn't have the Naish name would this board be even talking about him.
Naish at the moment is exactly what we need. Outside wingmen with good pace and a good tank. Not sure if he is in the elite category or not. We will definitely use him as FS to get as much of a discount as possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back