Preview WB team v Norf Rd 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only make a small change Daniel out
022687-boom-tish.jpg

Clash strips are a load of shit. Never had an issue telling teams apart.

I can remember Ess V Rich or North v Pies games back in the 60's. B&W tv, muddy grounds The only differentiation back then was away team wore white shorts, but a qtr or 2 in the mud and that was useless too. That was when commentators actually earned their money !

Also it will come down to the midfield again. They will win the ruck but if we can't figure out a way to get our hands on the ball their tall forwards will have a day out.

We are better than these guys. Time to start putting it together

Checked out the presser from this morning. When asked about the make up of our team and if it we would go small to try and capitalise on Norfies tall brigade, Bevo specifically mentioned the first time we played them last year when they had Waite, Petrie etc, that they had 8 or 9 talls in that side and actually beat us. Can't help but think Bevo is tempting Bard to go tall again tomorrow...

Checked out the presser from this morning. When asked about the make up of our team and if it we would go small to try and capitalise on Norfies tall brigade, Bevo specifically mentioned the first time we played them last year when they had Waite, Petrie etc, that they had 8 or 9 talls in that side and actually beat us. Can't help but think Bevo is tempting Bard to go tall again tomorrow...

Our forward structure was diabolical that night. We didn't play one tall forward and Stringer played a howler as the tall forward. That game alone was reason enough to bring Cloke to the club.

I'd like to go a little shorter and play only two tall defenders in the backline. And bring in an extra hard mid.

They actually played quite cleverly that night - let us win the ball and waited outside (slightly) the contest and intercepted us/the ball as we tried to move it out of there. From memory we won the contested ball but turned it over quite heavily.....

They actually played quite cleverly that night - let us win the ball and waited outside (slightly) the contest and intercepted us/the ball as we tried to move it out of there. From memory we won the contested ball but turned it over quite heavily.....
Yeah, Hunter and Macrae had 80 between them but did absolutely nothing with it

I remember everyone giving them Ching votes but I only gave them Pups votes and was quite critical of their uselessness that night considering how much of the footy they had.

Tom Rockliff would've been proud though :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Hunter and Macrae had 80 between them but did absolutely nothing with it
They had absolutely nothing to kick to with Stringer being double and triple teamed and no support in the F50 for him.

The next week we brought in Redpath on dubious VFL form and we looked much much better with a leading target.

They had absolutely nothing to kick to with Stringer being double and triple teamed and no support in the F50 for him.

The next week we brought in Redpath on dubious VFL form and we looked much much better with a leading target.
I don't think it was necessarily down to a poor forward structure, our spread and running game was shithouse also. Hunter also played off half back that night and regularly pumped it out of defensive 50 with blinkers on.

Freo made us play like that on the weekend, even with our taller ineffective structure, we had no run off half back which led into minimal spread from midfield when the game was on the line, hack kicks forward that were getting chopped off between the arcs or across half forward far too often.

I don't think it was necessarily down to a poor forward structure, our spread and running game was shithouse also. Hunter also played off half back that night and regularly pumped it out of defensive 50 with blinkers on.

Freo made us play like that on the weekend, even with our taller ineffective structure, we had no run off half back which led into minimal spread from midfield when the game was on the line, hack kicks forward that were getting chopped off between the arcs or across half forward far too often.
This is where our late 2016 structure was more effective - kick to Boyd who would create a contest, and a tackling beast like Clay Smith would lock the ball in and force a F50 stoppage (we were no 1 in score from F50 stoppages last year IIRC).

We're just not doing that this year.

Me and the Mrs have AFL Memberships and we use them to book our teams' away games and get access to finals tickets more easily than club members.

Both Gold.

Doesn't seem to let me book general admission for this game despite being able to walk into any game at the gate with those passes. Never had an issue before.

AFL members can still buy tickets to this game. Once you put in your barcodes, you need to select your seating area as AFL Members Area, not General Public.
It will then allocate you a reserved seat on Level 3 for $9.00. I just tried it and it's still issuing tickets.

AFL members can still buy tickets to this game. Once you put in your barcodes, you need to select your seating area as AFL Members Area, not General Public.
It will then allocate you a reserved seat on Level 3 for $9.00. I just tried it and it's still issuing tickets.

Yup did that exact thing last night and it solved my problem.

For those going to the game tomorrow by public transport, they are actually operating to a Sunday timetable.
There area couple of extra trains running for the footy but not on every line.

Before the game, to Southern Cross from:
South Morang, departing 2.40pm
Greensborough, departing 2.55pm
Glen Waverley, departing 2.59pm
Sandringham, departing 2.59pm
Werribee, departing 3pm
Sunbury, departing 3.01pm

After the game, departing Southern Cross:
Greensborough, departing 7.08pm platform 9
Glen Waverley, departing 7.10pm platform 10
Sandringham, departing 7.10pm platform 13
Sunbury, departing 7.13pm platform 11
South Morang, departing 7.14pm platform 9
Werribee, departing 7.18pm platform 14

This is where our late 2016 structure was more effective - kick to Boyd who would create a contest, and a tackling beast like Clay Smith would lock the ball in and force a F50 stoppage (we were no 1 in score from F50 stoppages last year IIRC).

We're just not doing that this year.
It was like a swamp the midfield then we will get them on the break kinda gameplan at times last year. It worked against crap sides, but not top 8 teams, we always looked better having that men of mayhem style locking it inside 50, then we were able to set up behind the ball and were able to have repeat inside 50s until we got a score.

At times we were able to play like that against Sydney in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and we controlled the game, but we rarely did against Collingwood where we just punished their turnovers.

I remember Richmond nearly rolled us last year with us playing nearly the same crap swamp the midfield brand of footy, but we were fortunate it opened up in the last quarter and we overran them.

For those going to the game tomorrow by public transport, they are actually operating to a Sunday timetable.
There area couple of extra trains running for the footy but not on every line.

Before the game, to Southern Cross from:
South Morang, departing 2.40pm
Greensborough, departing 2.55pm
Glen Waverley, departing 2.59pm
Sandringham, departing 2.59pm
Werribee, departing 3pm
Sunbury, departing 3.01pm

After the game, departing Southern Cross:
Greensborough, departing 7.08pm platform 9
Glen Waverley, departing 7.10pm platform 10
Sandringham, departing 7.10pm platform 13
Sunbury, departing 7.13pm platform 11
South Morang, departing 7.14pm platform 9
Werribee, departing 7.18pm platform 14
What about

Alamein
Belgrave
Frankston
Lilydale
Pakenham
Hurstbridge
Craigieburn
Williamstown
Upfield
Geelong
Ballarat
Bendigo
Seymour
Tralagon?

:p

Oh extra trains...... Disregard :$

Why not all lines Metro?

I'd be comfortable leaving Cloke out and perhaps even making that the only change for Smith. 3 pressure acts and 0 tackles, several fumbles and dropped marks. Those are Liam Jones numbers.
Cordy could go back forward as a foil for Boyd and he and Clay could help address our men of mayhem deficiency in F50. Plus Clay can rotate through the mid field far better than Cloke can rotate through the ruck. Don't see much alternative other than to persist with Campbell in the short to medium term and X fingers he lifts. Dunks in too if the medicos don't pass Picko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back