Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do understand how people become refugees right?
If you understand that basic concept then you would also understand that sex or relationship status is not part of the criteria.
But why are there more adult male refugees? Should it not at least be a fairly even split of male to females?

Why does the media falsely report on all the hard done by women and children in places like Calais when they are in the minority of the (economic) refugees?

But why are there more adult male refugees? Should it not at least be a fairly even split of male to females?

Why does the media falsely report on all the hard done by women and children in places like Calais when they are in the minority of the (economic) refugees?
The answer to that is pretty obvious. The journeys refugees are sometimes forced to take are often arduous and very dangerous. The male often takes on the risk in hopes of sending for their wife or children later. Taking a child across the Mediterranean in an inflatable raft is insanely dangerous and the fact that some still do it should show just how desperate they are.

An explanation how would be nice. I'm also not a fan of the statement that I'm blinded by hate. I don't hate anyone.

Fear is one of the towns on the road to hate.
Given that you fear refugees I just went right ahead and assumed that as you were already going down that road...

Noone asked me if I wanted to be caned at school - they just went ahead and did it anyway. Six of the best across my young upturned hands. They were shaking after the first hit. But they just kept going.
Parents just accepted it - my child was whipped at school because they broke a rule and they were punished. They deserved it. It was just accepted by society.
Now teachers say there's no discipline in the classroom or the playground - children just run riot and assault other children and teachers.

Last edited:
Slippery slope argument. Also, fear isn't the right word. I never said I fear refugees. When it comes to Islamic refugees I am concerned about the effects of importing a dangerous ideology into our country, as I think it will increase the risk of homegrown terrorism to germinate in our country (among other things). In my day to day life, however, I judge people on a case by case basis and don't judge the individual by the sins of the group.

Slippery slope argument. Also, fear isn't the right word. I never said I fear refugees. When it comes to Islamic refugees I am concerned about the effects of importing a dangerous ideology into our country, as I think it will increase the risk of homegrown terrorism to germinate in our country (among other things). In my day to day life, however, I judge people on a case by case basis and don't judge the individual by the sins of the group.

How can you judge people on a case by case basis when you've stated clearly that single men should not be allowed into the country even if they are genuine refugees.
You are full of it.

I said in my day to day life when interacting with people, I judge people on a case by case basis. I said exactly that in my previous post. Did you miss it? When we are talking immigration policy, however, it's a numbers game, and Islamic men are shown to have a much higher risk factor than women or children.

The answer to that is pretty obvious. The journeys refugees are sometimes forced to take are often arduous and very dangerous. The male often takes on the risk in hopes of sending for their wife or children later. Taking a child across the Mediterranean in an inflatable raft is insanely dangerous and the fact that some still do it should show just how desperate they are.
Do you have any evidence that this is the truth?

30ac2672f9ff47779440c2a4c78e0509--princess-letizia-royal-house.jpg

the good doctors wife, Asma dresses well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noone asked me if I wanted to be caned at school - they just went ahead and did it anyway. Six of the best across my young upturned hands. They were shaking after the first hit. But they just kept going.
Parents just accepted it - my child was whipped at school because they broke a rule and they were punished. They deserved it. It was just accepted by society.
Now teachers say there's no discipline in the classroom or the playground - children just run riot and assault other children and teachers.

Would you be in favour of physical discipline if it is requested by the student?

You said that when a person thinks of a Muslim, they think of a brown refugee. Do people actually think of a brown refugee? I dunno, my mind never jumps to refugees.
My actual quote was;
Islam isn't a race. But it's a middle East majority religion. More dark skin prople are Muslim than white skin people. In general when a *person* thinks of a muslim, they aren't thinking about some middle class white family, but an impoverished dark skinned refugee.

Islam isn't a race. But there is a definite connection between anti islam, and anti immigration from certain races.

So, who am I stereotyping? And where did I call all Muslims brown?

You said that when a person thinks of a Muslim, they think of a brown refugee. Do people actually think of a brown refugee? I dunno, my mind never jumps to refugees.

I think of my neighbours, my kids' friends and about a third of the people I see around the community every day. Some are brown refugees, some aren't.

I think of my neighbours, my kids' friends and about a third of the people I see around the community every day. Some are brown refugees, some aren't.
I've never really considered Muslims to be dark skinned refugees, hell, I thought a lot of asylum seekers were Sri Lankans and only a very small percentage of Sri Lankans are Muslim.

You said when a person thinks of a Muslim, they think of a dark skinned refugee. If we extrapolate meaning from that, and quite reasonably at that, we can assume that you think of a Muslim as a dark skinned refugee.
But I just requoted exactly what I said... So I'm not sure why you feel the need to change it, and extrapolate on that change. And then base an assumption on that change.

Islam isn't a race. But it's a middle East majority religion. More dark skin prople are Muslim than white skin people. In general when a *person* thinks of a muslim, they aren't thinking about some middle class white family, but an impoverished dark skinned refugee.

Islam isn't a race. But there is a definite connection between anti islam, and anti immigration from certain races.
So when I said, more dark skin people are Muslim, than white skin people. You extrapolated that to mean I think all Muslims have brown skin?

So you're saying that I was stereotyping Muslims?

But I just requoted exactly what I said... So I'm not sure why you feel the need to change it, and extrapolate on that change. And then base an assumption on that change.

So when I said, more dark skin people are Muslim, than white skin people. You extrapolated that to mean I think all Muslims have brown skin?

So you're saying that I was stereotyping Muslims?
I'm still confused. You said that when a person thinks of a Muslim, they are thinking of a dark skinned refugee. It's only natural to assume you're speaking of what you think of when thinking of a Muslim. What else could I assume? You have no other evidence to support your argument.

I'm still confused. You said that when a person thinks of a Muslim, they are thinking of a dark skinned refugee. It's only natural to assume you're speaking of what you think of when thinking of a Muslim. What else could I assume? You have no other evidence to support your argument.
You keep editing what I wrote, to then extrapolate from and make a false assumption.

What I wrote:
In general when a *person* thinks of a muslim, they aren't thinking about some middle class white family, but an impoverished dark skinned refugee.
What you keep editing it to:
when a person thinks of a Muslim, they think of a dark skinned refugee.​

Would it have been easier it I'd just outright said bigot, instead of *person*? You have to be careful what language you use around snowflakes on this site...

I've never really considered Muslims to be dark skinned refugees, hell, I thought a lot of asylum seekers were Sri Lankans and only a very small percentage of Sri Lankans are Muslim.

From working in an English language school for refugees and migrants, involvement with a few multicultural organizations and just living in a couple of areas with relatively high numbers of refugees, my impression is that Muslim countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc, do make up the bulk of refugees along with Karen and Sudanese.

I couldn't find the actual numbers from a quick googling but they're probably out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back