Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. 'Ethnic group' doesnt necessitate shared genetic features (and we all have shared genetics anyway, being 99 percent similar to anyone else on the planet).

Ethnicity is a social construct. In Judaism, once you're a Jew, you're a Jew, regardless of your skin color.
We're probably having a pedantic discussion, but what do you mean by ethnic group? To me Judaism is a shared culture, whereas I'd call ethnic group to mean shared genetic similarity.

We're probably having a pedantic discussion, but what do you mean by ethnic group? To me it's a shared culture, whereas I'd call ethnic group to mean shared genetic similarity.

No, ethnic group does not infer 'shared genetic similarity' as a requirement. Commonly ethnicities define themselves by generalized shared and genetic or biologically inheritable physical traits (like skin color), but not always (and even when they exist, there are usually exceptions).

An ethnicity or ethnic group is a grouping of people who identify with each other on the basis of perceived shared attributes that distinguish them from other groups. Those attributes can include a common nation of origin, or common sets of ancestry, traditions, language, history, society, religion, or social treatment.

Ethnicity - Wikipedia.

You can construe the term to mean 'genetic ethnicity' but such a narrow construction isnt really ever useful except in fringe cases.

We ditched objective 'biological race' a long time ago, once we mapped the human genome and found out that the whole race thing is a social construct (not a biological one).

No, ethnic group does not infer 'shared genetic similarity' as a requirement. Commonly ethnicities define themselves by generalized shared and genetic or biologically inheritable physical traits (like skin color), but not always (and even when they exist, there are usually exceptions).

Ethnicity - Wikipedia.

You can construe the term to mean 'genetic ethnicity' but such a narrow construction isnt really ever useful except in fringe cases.

We ditched objective 'biological race' a long time ago, once we mapped the human genome and found out that the whole race thing is a social construct (not a biological one).
So when you say ethnicity, do you mean something other than culture?

Epic speech. We all think it, but no one has the balls to say it here in public. Much respect.

I’ve never thought that.

How you he or you respond to the fact the homicide rate in Muslim majority nations is on average 1/3rd of non muslim majority nations and 1/2 of the good old US of A?:

The average homicide ratein the Muslim world was 2.4 per 100,000, less than a third of non-Muslim countries which had an average homicide rate of 7.5 per 100,000.[331] The average homicide rate among the 19 most populous Muslim countries was 2.1 per 100,000, less than a fifth of the average homicide rate among the 19 most populous Christian countries which was 11.0 per 100,000, including 5.6 per 100,000 in the United States.

Looks like we need MORE Muslim migrants to keep crime rates low 👍🏻

Couple that with mass-immigration and seeing people get free housing/income, whilst refusing to work and pump out children is going to only exacerbate the problem(in the case of Europe).
Pure RWNJ garbage.

Islam is an irrational belief system, much the same as Christianity, Judaism, and Scientology. Antisemitism is the fear of a people group rather than fear of an irrational belief system.

Given the wording in the quaran and preaching from some Islamic leaders, there are perfectly valid reasons to be fearful of Islam. The term Islamophobia is designed to quash debate and stifle valid criticism of Islam. If it were about people, why not call it Muslimophobia? No other religion is afforded the same level of protection from the left.

1/

Do you wonder why young muslims get radicalised?
Do you think part of it could be because someone whispers in their ear, "look at the wording of the Constitution, look at the preaching of PM's and other members of parliament".
Would be a pretty easy sell IMO.

2/

There is a common theme among the anti-Islam brigade...the teachings of Islam are irrational, therefore I hate Islam.
Hating Islam because it's irrational is irrational.

1/

Do you wonder why young muslims get radicalised?
Do you think part of it could be because someone whispers in their ear, "look at the wording of the Constitution, look at the preaching of PM's and other members of parliament".
Would be a pretty easy sell IMO.

2/

There is a common theme among the anti-Islam brigade...the teachings of Islam are irrational, therefore I hate Islam.
Hating Islam because it's irrational is irrational.

Why did the Muslim brotherhood assasinate Mahmud El Nokrashi in 1948?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not rocket science.
It's easy to convince people there is a bogeyman.
People try to convince other people there is a bogeyman all the time.
Just like you are attempting to do in this thread.

It's got everything to do with your arguments

Got F all to do with my arguments.
I don't even know WTF you are on about.
Spit out whatever you want to say.

It's not rocket science.
It's easy to convince people there is a bogeyman.
People try to convince other people there is a bogeyman all the time.
Just like you are attempting to do in this thread.

Got F all to do with my arguments.
I don't even know WTF you are on about.
Spit out whatever you want to say.
What if said bogeyman is somewhat real, like the increase in crime statistics in EU since importing millions of unfiltered immigrants for no reason?

That'll happen when you import a bunch of indoctrinated 'refugees' for no reason, who lack a broad education and follow a religion that doesn't match western values.

What if said bogeyman is somewhat real, like the increase in crime statistics in EU since importing millions of unfiltered immigrants for no reason?

That'll happen when you import a bunch of indoctrinated 'refugees' for no reason, who lack a broad education and follow a religion that doesn't match western values.

1/
'somewhat real'??
WTF is that?
Real is absolute, it is not relative.
Something is either real or it isn't.

2/
That's just you trying to avoid getting pinged for base Islamaphobia with cowardly words that are used to try veil your Islamaphobia.

3/
Your complete lack of understanding of basic statistics renders your opinion irrelevant.

4/
"lacking broad education" is just projection.
See points 1, 2 and 3.

5/
Educate yourself instead of parroting absolute sh!t.

Start with this:

The One Percent Problem: Muslims in the West and the Rise of the New Populists

1/
'somewhat real'??
WTF is that?
Real is absolute, it is not relative.
Something is either real or it isn't.

2/
That's just you trying to avoid getting pinged for base Islamaphobia with cowardly words that are used to try veil your Islamaphobia.

3/
Your complete lack of understanding of basic statistics renders your opinion irrelevant.

4/
"lacking broad education" is just projection.
See points 1, 2 and 3.

5/
Educate yourself instead of parroting absolute sh!t.

Start with this:

The One Percent Problem: Muslims in the West and the Rise of the New Populists
Sorry, Islamophobia is a term made by apologists who refuse to admit there's a problem with importing large number of unassessed migrants from Muslim countries, as evidenced by the serious issues Europe has had since they did so in 2017.

It's also funny that those same people who generally cry 'Islamaphobia' hate pretty much everything the West stands for.

Ironic.

Sorry, Islamophobia is a term made by apologists who refuse to admit there's a problem with importing large number of unassessed migrants from Muslim countries, as evidenced by the serious issues Europe has had since they did so in 2017.

It's also funny that those same people who generally cry 'Islamaphobia' hate pretty much everything the West stands for.

Ironic.
Every word is made up. It's recent coinage doesn't make the concept it describes less real.

Ironic.

You aren't Islamaphobic because Islamaphobia isn't a thing.
Of course.

"serious issues", wow that's actually pretty lame...you should ramp up the rhetoric if you want people to believe your nonsense.
"Crime has increased by a cajillion, the end of the world is nigh".

How can people be having a cry about islamaphobia if you say islamaphobia isn't real?
That makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back