Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say that for any irritating thing people do.
Yes you could but my point is how does someone elses lack of progress actually affect you? Is it offensive, disruptive or rude?
Putting all your energy and focus into your own workout will only benefit you, judging other people on theirs is toxic.

Yes you could but my point is how does someone elses lack of progress actually affect you? Is it offensive, disruptive or rude?
Putting all your energy and focus into your own workout will only benefit you, judging other people on theirs is toxic.
It's also part of the reason that people are uncomfortable around and have a dislike of regular gym goers

Generally speaking the annoying irritating stuff people post does have an impact on them (this guy was hogging all the benches, this chick had horrible bo etc) I did once post about a bunch of dudes who workout every day, in good shape who literally couldn't do a chin up more because I was shocked, but as I pointed out with that post they probably have totally different goals to me and they might be smashing them. It's the same thing here.

It's also part of the reason that people are uncomfortable around and have a dislike of regular gym goers

True, peoples insecurities also have funny ways of manifesting.
I remember being intimidated/uncomfortable at the gym for a good while, after a while you realise MOST people either don't give a crap about you or are just as uncomfortable themselves.

True, peoples insecurities also have funny ways of manifesting.
I remember being intimidated/uncomfortable at the gym for a good while, after a while you realise MOST people either don't give a crap about you or are just as uncomfortable themselves.
Yep. I was the same when I first joined. The only ones who seem to judge are young douchebags. And honestly who gives a * about them

1. People hogging multiple machines while super-setting.
  2. Fat person that will be in the gym for 1 week then give up.
  3. New years resolutioners
  4. Women that don't lift because they "dont want to get too bulky"
  5. Fat people trying to lose weight by only doing cardio.
  6. Non lifters in general
  7. People that hate when i curl in the squat rack. I will curl where i want.
  8. Anyone that gets annoyed when i slam a weight down. I'm lifting huge. Get out of my way.
  9. Leaving weights on the bar.
  10. People who bring their kids to gym and make them sit in the corner for an hour.
  11. Gyms that don't open on the holidays.

8. Anyone that gets annoyed when i slam a weight down. I'm lifting huge. Get out of my way.
  10. People who bring their kids to gym and make them sit in the corner for an hour.
Agree with 1.

The rest are on you

There's a strong correlation between new users posting in this thread and users who only post in threads titled "transgender" and "racism in the afl"

1. 100% Agree, my gym is tiny and this infuriates me to no end.
2. Maybe if people didn't judge them as soon as they came in and actually encouraged them they would stay around? It takes approximately 66 days to build a habit.
3. If it gets people to get more active, no complaints from me, I started Fencing again competitively due to a New Years Resolution (and now I represent Australia).
4. They likely simply just don't know any better, I was in a similar situation earlier because I wanted to just build *lean* muscle.
5. Once again, they likely just don't know any better. Why not help them out or encourage them for at least making effort.
6. Not everyone has to lift, my weights are only light weights, I do a lot more core and agility exercises because it is of a better benefit to me.
7. Maybe because they want to use the squat racks to actually squat? You can curl anywhere else in the gym.
8. It's loud when it crashes and can be distracting, can understand why people would get annoyed.
9. 100% agree with you.
10. 100% agree with you, kids should be watched at all time in a gym environment.
11. Join a 24/7 gym. Not all gyms can be open all the time due to insurance or staffing reasons.

1. 100% Agree, my gym is tiny and this infuriates me to no end.
2. Maybe if people didn't judge them as soon as they came in and actually encouraged them they would stay around? It takes approximately 66 days to build a habit.
3. If it gets people to get more active, no complaints from me, I started Fencing again competitively due to a New Years Resolution (and now I represent Australia).
4. They likely simply just don't know any better, I was in a similar situation earlier because I wanted to just build *lean* muscle.
5. Once again, they likely just don't know any better. Why not help them out or encourage them for at least making effort.
6. Not everyone has to lift, my weights are only light weights, I do a lot more core and agility exercises because it is of a better benefit to me.
7. Maybe because they want to use the squat racks to actually squat? You can curl anywhere else in the gym.
8. It's loud when it crashes and can be distracting, can understand why people would get annoyed.
9. 100% agree with you.
10. 100% agree with you, kids should be watched at all time in a gym environment.
11. Join a 24/7 gym. Not all gyms can be open all the time due to insurance or staffing reasons.
I think it was a copy paste from a gym memes page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then, I am an idiot :p

Not really, how you meant to know that. I was thinking the same thing

Maybe that poster should say that. Put that down as something irritating right here. If you Copy/paste a meme then quote it as such, not saying nothing makes you look like the idiot.

Never actually seen this before, at any gym I've ever been to.

I've never seen a child ever in 15 years
I have. Only this week. Early 20s girl waits til the gym is unstaffed then brings her infant child in while she trains. It was crawling around my missus feet while she was squatting yesterday. Almost murdered someone.

I have. Only this week. Early 20s girl waits til the gym is unstaffed then brings her infant child in while she trains. It was crawling around my missus feet while she was squatting yesterday. Almost murdered someone.

I guess for an early 20s girl the distraction is a phone or a kid. Same result.

The laughable thing is a 20 year old girl can go through the motions and still benefit

I guess for an early 20s girl the distraction is a phone or a kid. Same result.

The laughable thing is a 20 year old girl can go through the motions and still benefit
Phones are fine. They're a distraction to her and not dangerous to others or the child.

Phones are fine. They're a distraction to her and not dangerous to others or the child.

I might be old school but I don't think a phone is needed for anaerobic stuff. If you're training for mass you really need to be inside the muscle for every rep.

For boring cardio I can dig it.

Saw it for the first time about a month ago. Young couple training and had a toddler with them. Thought it was strange.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I might be old school but I don't think a phone is needed for anaerobic stuff. If you're training for mass you really need to be inside the muscle for every rep.

For boring cardio I can dig it.

I wasnt aware that you couldn't put your phone down when you go to do your set?
I've been doing it wrong all this years!*

*jks, touching your phone during training in our group incurs a penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back