Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more fun taking on parents who nurture that special sense of entitlement. It's been going on for a few years. I hope Roar doesn't forget that there are quite few running around for big dollars in less challenging leagues because the "tough love" in stronger competitions was too much.
Well aware woody , however as I previously stated the drowling over kids should be off limits.
I'd actually support transfere fees being introduced , whereby the clubs who have put in the player development , receive financial reward and those who don't having to pay.
I'd also support tougher rules being implemented to restrict juniors moving clubs .
17-18 year old kids having already played at multiple clubs is detrimental to all footy clubs.

Well aware woody , however as I previously stated the drowling over kids should be off limits.
I'd actually support transfere fees being introduced , whereby the clubs who have put in the player development , receive financial reward and those who don't having to pay.
I'd also support tougher rules being implemented to restrict juniors moving clubs .
17-18 year old kids having already played at multiple clubs is detrimental to all footy clubs.

Flighty by nature perhaps Roar?

Even more fun taking on parents who nurture that special sense of entitlement. It's been going on for a few years. I hope Roar doesn't forget that there are quite few running around for big dollars in less challenging leagues because the "tough love" in stronger competitions was too much.

No wonder the world is in a mess..no discipline!

Actually there is one kid running around in the AFL Woody who I thought was getting the same sense of entitlement from his parent/s. Even switched clubs to get more game time in the juniors. As a result I thought he would have no resilience, but killing them in the Dees jumper this year. Sometimes I think there is no justice in the world, but Echuca locals say he is a great kid with his head screwed on right, which is good to hear.

Actually there is one kid running around in the AFL Woody who I thought was getting the same sense of entitlement from his parent/s. Even switched clubs to get more game time in the juniors. As a result I thought he would have no resilience, but killing them in the Dees jumper this year. Sometimes I think there is no justice in the world, but Echuca locals say he is a great kid with his head screwed on right, which is good to hear.

He is a ripper.....did everything to open doors and has barged right through them.

Imagine a clearance might be in before June 30th. Rochy generally don't tolerate blokes who arrive and don't tow the party line.

Flaherty has a real connection with young blokes and at Rochy and they love him, as he always back them in. You never know, if the kid is a good player might be into seniors sooner than later as need a key forward. And he might just find some consistency through application. I am not sure there is a better coach anywhere for a way-wood lost soul to connect with and respond to in regards to footy.

Imagine a clearance might be in before June 30th. Rochy generally don't tolerate blokes who arrive and don't tow the party line.
Like last year I think and hope that now the season has got rolling he will settle down and have a good year.
Hopefully can apply himself to make a late charge into draft contention.

There are similarities however Clayton wanted into the Murray Bushranger system and spent 3 years trying, despite plenty of hurdles .
He also did everything possible to be the best he could be.

Last edited:
Flaherty has a real connection with young blokes and at Rochy and they love him, as he always back them in. You never know, if the kid is a good player might be into seniors sooner than later as need a key forward. And he might just find some consistency through application. I am not sure there is a better coach anywhere for a way-wood lost soul to connect with and respond to in regards to footy.
No disrespect or doubting Flaherty or Rochy , but I doubt you will ever read a more glowing article and comments about a club than the one Flight gave earlier this year before flying coup.
It would suggest to me the club backed him in and he respected the club.
The same club also developed a another tall only 2 years prior, from a 17 year old who had never played footy into a draftee .

http://sport.sheppnews.com.au/2017/03/15/78720/flight-on-right-track-for-afl-career-dream

Last edited:

can only hope that is the case with this fella. But to me this statement goes to heart of the bigger issue. Oh our club has a great coach and we will do a better job.

The issue is clubs going in behind the backs of a juniors home club, undermining the coaching of that home club, saying things to parents like he has a much better chance of going further at our club. Constantly in the heads of the junior and the family. It's the best way to stuff the discipline of a kid when clubs act without discipline and respect themselves.

I've seen posts from Rochester people on his FB page like "Rochester > bushies" this was in February when his home club was supporting him and financially backing him. So no doubt whatsoever there was a lot of pissing in his pocket from Rochester as they had access via the girlfriend.

Did Rochester hierarchy go speak with his home club? Wouldn't that be acting with the interests of the player as key? Or is it as you have suggested here the need for a good forward so tell the kid "we will get you there mate"?

I'm using this as example of what goes on. I've seen this time and again with juniors especially those in minor leagues when the major league clubs see talent. Rarely do they go talk with the home club.

Yet when the young fella develops attitude generally on the back of all this crap it then becomes the fault of the parenting or the player himself.

There were rightful suggestions of nepotism.
In this instance because Bennet was named third best, for you, his selection is suddenly justified and those who questioned the diligence of the process are deemed 'clueless' ...

Nath Marrone would have been playing years ago if we applied your logic! (And he lived in Benalla)

Jingoism = blind patriotism/nationalism. Surely it isn't too much of a stretch for you to see the abstract application of the term to describe your own attitude towards the players of Benalla football club within the microcosm that is Benalla, when compared to your attitudes towards those in the rest of the competition?

'Rockchester' ... that is comedy gold freak. Higher order thinking at its finest.
Jeez Silver, I'll apply the same speech analysis of your post and put in through my dexter computer.
1. Tone = lofty arrogance
2. Attacking Generalizing Language = Your talk of Nepotism is rubbish and people's lack of knowledge on the selection process and of Bennetts qualities shows it. There are many people involved in selection from various clubs in GVFL not just Morgan. As Mentioned the decision to play Bennett was only made Wednesday and shows last minute avaliability. Unless your aware of how many players were available to choose from, best keep quiet. When you make comments without knowing the facts, the term 'clueless' is very apt.
3. Appeal to Jingoism = Web Dict-Jingoism; extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked by a belligerent foreign policy. Using the wildest abstract application of the word, you could not use it in your football context.
4. Mocking Humour = Glad spelling mistakes gives you so much pleasure. You must spend your whole day reading posts and looking out of your window giggling.

Ordinary Post Silver, in fact a particularly s**t post!

What utter garbage to put on a football forum Silver. Speech Analysis and ratings of post. Beware posters, or Silver will put your post through his speech analysis and ratings system.
Give up the forum police role and personal attacks and stick to footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can only hope that is the case with this fella. But to me this statement goes to heart of the bigger issue. Oh our club has a great coach and we will do a better job.

The issue is clubs going in behind the backs of a juniors home club, undermining the coaching of that home club, saying things to parents like he has a much better chance of going further at our club. Constantly in the heads of the junior and the family. It's the best way to stuff the discipline of a kid when clubs act without discipline and respect themselves.

I've seen posts from Rochester people on his FB page like "Rochester > bushies" this was in February when his home club was supporting him and financially backing him. So no doubt whatsoever there was a lot of pissing in his pocket from Rochester as they had access via the girlfriend.

Did Rochester hierarchy go speak with his home club? Wouldn't that be acting with the interests of the player as key? Or is it as you have suggested here the need for a good forward so tell the kid "we will get you there mate"?

I'm using this as example of what goes on. I've seen this time and again with juniors especially those in minor leagues when the major league clubs see talent. Rarely do they go talk with the home club.

Yet when the young fella develops attitude generally on the back of all this crap it then becomes the fault of the parenting or the player himself.

Ordinary post, the kid is 17/18 years old remember, the posts u talk about on Facebook are from fellow kids from rochy. Can hardly say this is rochy the club going after him as I can guarantee you this would happen 500 times a preseason kids bantering on Facebook.
He came to a few 3rds preseason trainings(not senior) and is pretty chummy im led to believe with a few of the other kids. Other than the 3rds coach asking what his movements were rochy did not pursue him any further when he didn't come back.
Ordinary post build on assumptions and rumours not on any facts.

Talking about him being one of your best players at end of 2015 freak, which is a rubbish comment because it certainly isn't true, are you sure you aren't getting Bennet, Warnock and Jake Pallpratt mixed up with best players off the footy field, those messages and photos at seasons end really do show what a great club it is and a great bunch of blokes play there. I think I could go on and on with picking Benalla flaws if you wanna start bagging "clubs". Rochy is one of the greatest clubs in the gv and thouroughly enjoy when Ky plays them, easy to get along with and I respect them greatly!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I rarely reply to your post because the quality of them speaks for themselves and best left for others to judge. Why post about incidents that occurred in 2013?
Bennett was in great form leading into the 2015 finals, that's why he was picked. Pretty simple really and needs no further explanation to the clueless, and went onto to win a Premiership.
I respect all clubs and the work they do in communities and haven't bagged any?
You need to build a bridge and move on from your hatred of Benalla. It gets tiring and will eat you up inside.
You are indeed, a Speciman.

Ordinary post, the kid is 17/18 years old remember, the posts u talk about on Facebook are from fellow kids from rochy. Can hardly say this is rochy the club going after him as I can guarantee you this would happen 500 times a preseason kids bantering on Facebook.
He came to a few 3rds preseason trainings(not senior) and is pretty chummy im led to believe with a few of the other kids. Other than the 3rds coach asking what his movements were rochy did not pursue him any further when he didn't come back.
Hang on there Johno, I started this conversation as I was genuinely interested in how the kid played in interleague , I like the kid and think he has great potential. I don't want to sledge Rochy at all , however don't make out the club didn't pursue him , because I know that to be far from the truth, which I will discuss with you via PM.
In the end all it will and has started to do is have clubs sign youth to long term legal binding contracts, not AFL Vic Contracts.

Last edited:

please read the post I responded to for context to my reference of Rochy seniors. If Rochy have checked in with his home club to see what issues led to him
Leaving after season start then hats off to them.

Most of my post was general and based on experience as a parent and witnessing others go through the same. As a parent it is a trial and shouldn't be so. Unless you are a parent from a minor league I doubt you understand what gets thrown at you.

Also I was responding to the accusations of entitled juniors and parents. Well there are two sides to that argument as well.

Jeez Silver, I'll apply the same speech analysis of your post and put in through my dexter computer.
1. Tone = lofty arrogance
2. Attacking Generalizing Language = Your talk of Nepotism is rubbish and people's lack of knowledge on the selection process and of Bennetts qualities shows it. There are many people involved in selection from various clubs in GVFL not just Morgan. As Mentioned the decision to play Bennett was only made Wednesday and shows last minute avaliability. Unless your aware of how many players were available to choose from, best keep quiet. When you make comments without knowing the facts, the term 'clueless' is very apt.
3. Appeal to Jingoism = Web Dict-Jingoism; extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked by a belligerent foreign policy. Using the wildest abstract application of the word, you could not use it in your football context.
4. Mocking Humour = Glad spelling mistakes gives you so much pleasure. You must spend your whole day reading posts and looking out of your window giggling.

Ordinary Post Silver, in fact a particularly s**t post!

What utter garbage to put on a football forum Silver. Speech Analysis and ratings of post. Beware posters, or Silver will put your post through his speech analysis and ratings system.
Give up the forum police role and personal attacks and stick to footy.

They say cheap imitation is the purest form of flattery ... so thanks.

You need to stop throwing tantrums when others disagree with your footballing pronouncements and presidential declarations on the state of the game. You are simply one small voice from Benalla amidst the greater debate.

I recall blocking you for 12 months post the 2015 Grand final, after some particularly putrid outbursts. I didn't miss you.

Back you go son.

They say cheap imitation is the purest form of flattery ... so thanks.

You need to stop throwing tantrums when others disagree with your footballing pronouncements and presidential declarations on the state of the game. You are simply one small voice from Benalla amidst the greater debate.

I recall blocking you for 12 months post the 2015 Grand final, after some particularly putrid outbursts. I didn't miss you.

Back you go son.
Lol, that's disappointing, I was looking forward to further speech analysis of my posts.
But I also won't miss you, your a jingoism of the highest order! (Please use the abstract meaning your so good at.)

Tatura dropped their last two games and will start under gas against Kyabram this week. They have a tough month coming up with Kyabram, Seymour, Benalla and Echuca scheduled opponents. Their season could be determined one way or another over the next month. In my opinion I think they will slide a bit more before they stabilise. Major concern at the Kennel would have to be the lack of quality depth at the club. Interested in other's views on how the perceive the Bullies.

Lol, that's disappointing, I was looking forward to further speech analysis of my posts.
But I also won't miss you, your a jingoism of the highest order! (Please use the abstract meaning your so good at.)

Last one for you freak old son.

I couldn't quite recall what it was about you that encouraged me to respond in the manner in which I did. A smell about you. I was just rereading your efforts post-GF in 2015.

My particular favourite amongst the putrid diatribe was when you pronounced (after conjecture L Smith was leaving your club due to it's culture): 'me and Lachie (Smith) are currently arm-in-arm plotting back to back in 2015/16 ...' (8th October 2015)

Clearly Lachie achieved his ambition ... but somehow you and Benalla fell outside said plotting! You missed the memo mate!!

I think the Benalla boys should 'get around you' mate ... evidence of how little you know about your players to whom you claim such proximity of trust.

Last edited:
I rarely reply to your post because the quality of them speaks for themselves and best left for others to judge. Why post about incidents that occurred in 2013?
Bennett was in great form leading into the 2015 finals, that's why he was picked. Pretty simple really and needs no further explanation to the clueless, and went onto to win a Premiership.
I respect all clubs and the work they do in communities and haven't bagged any?
You need to build a bridge and move on from your hatred of Benalla. It gets tiring and will eat you up inside.
You are indeed, a Speciman.

Look mate, you can think what you want, you follow the benalla football club, I think that explains itself. Like silver said don't keep throwing tantrums when people don't agree with you. I will stick to my saying and say it again, Bennett is an average gv player at best as well is his mate pallpratt. Both should have come nowhere close to gv interleauge selections let alone gv interleauge try outs. Great form leading into finals so that's why he was picked? Yes he was in the 2s, great form in the 2s... that must make him such a talent hey, he had such and extraordinary finals series this year to didn't he? With that broken arm, not sure where you got 50 games of gv seniors played by him but I beg to differ. He would of played around 35! I think your are the fool old mate, you made a dill of yourself post 2015 finals series and your starting to do it again. Accept
our opinions and move on, Benalla is on the decline now and the bombers are still marching on. End of story. You remind me of robjoll, but 10 times worse. Wouldn't be surprised if your Luke Morgan himself.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back