Autopsy Adelaide kicks the snot out of a pathetic Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Ehh.

Could not give a s**t about the result, but to not even see a response to our 1st half in the 2nd at all in regards to intent is just disappointing.

Definitely a game that highlighted our flaws and the real passengers in the side, also exposed and showed how ******* bad our backline is. The amount of players being rotated back there until something worked showed how dysfunctional it is - and no it wasn't because of the amount of workrate that was happening so we needed to put less tired people down there.

That backline needs to be revamped ASAP. Get Sutcliffe and Ibbotson out of that team now. Ibbotson is just not in form anymore and Sutcliffe is a weak girl who has never won a 1v1, makes us lose 1v2s and has never stuck a tackle. Why is he in the backline? Because of his brilliant rebound or is he just there to make up numbers.

Lets get at least 5 games into this please:

Hughes Haming Spurr
Weller Johnson Collins
Ryan

Pearce has done his job coming in to relive gametime minutes off of someone young, time to take him back out. Also lets be realistic - Darcy won't really be an upgrade on Griffin but Griffin isn't going to be at the club in 2 years time is he so pump experience into him now thanks.

Weller, Blakely and Tucker were all fantastic tonight - probably the best game I have seen Tucker play for us. Crozier, Hughes, Fyfe and Hamling were solid for what it was worth.

Review that game on Monday and make sure you don't embarrass yourself again boys. This game will be more of a wake up call to everyone than an initial spark to more disaster.

Agree with most of this and there definitely needs to be at least a couple of changes but not sure on Darcy. Maybe he's ready (have only seen bits of him) but there is a point where if he's too green it'll do more harm then good imo, especially if he only has Taberner for backup. Expect to see him a few times this year but he's debut at least might be better filling in for Tabs than Sandi.

We must confront the horrible truth: We have turned into flat-track bullies like the Eagles.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

Not often I disagree with you mate. Young teams get exposed from time to time, but wins away against demons and tigers were big. Many teams get embarrassed in Adelaide.

Melbourne was big. Disagree with the Tigers, as we pissed away a 30 point lead against them and we should have lost. We beat up Essendon and Carlton after really slow starts (I don't rate either Essendon or Carlton). We have a young team, but they aren't the problem, it is the older players who have failed to show leadership on the field. The kids look like they are trying hard.

Our best win of the year was against the Bulldogs.

Melbourne was big. Disagree with the Tigers, as we pissed away a 30 point lead against them and we should have lost. We beat up Essendon and Carlton after really slow starts (I don't rate either Essendon or Carlton). We have a young team, but they aren't the problem, it is the older players who have failed to show leadership on the field. The kids look like they are trying hard.

Every win is big when you only won 4 the previous year mate.

Yeh, but none of that equates to being flat track bullies, just young and inconsistent.

Our poor performance was made worse by having to endure Ricciuto's commentary...truly boring, one sided and dull. Only clear winner for freo tonight was Weller although I thought Blakely and fyfe toiled and I enjoyed Brady gray going into the midfield for a cameo.

Last week I was crucified for suggesting our percentage accurately represented how good we are. We have been belted by teams vying for top 4 spots. This is not an anomaly like others have suggested.

We must confront the horrible truth: We have turned into flat-track bullies like the Eagles.

Not sure you know what flat track bully means. We are a 5th - 12th placed team that's beating the teams it should, and losing the ones it should also. Adelaide are above us for a reason.

I would like consistent effort each week but from such a relatively young side it isn't going to happen. but changes clearly need to be made, luckily a loss like this demonstrates it clearly.

Not sure you know what flat track bully means. We are a 5th - 12th placed team that's beating the teams it should, and losing the ones it should also. Adelaide are above us for a reason.

I would like consistent effort each week but from such a relatively young side it isn't going to happen. but changes clearly need to be made, luckily a loss like this demonstrates it clearly.
Probably more like a 7th - 12th team, 5th would be flattering us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also positive mention for Darcy Tucker, showed class with his finishing and should serve as a reminder to the match committee to back in the youth.

Played his best game tonight, in fact our Best 3 on ground were all youngsters. Hoping it's a big eye opener.

Reality check. We played the best team in the land and got thumped, guess we're no where near the best. Who would have thought?

Yeh, but none of that equates to being flat track bullies, just young and inconsistent.

Ignoring the Geelong and Port game (I don't think they should be). We have been killed by Adelaide and the Eagles. Our two most emphatic wins have come against teams who are average at best. Even then, Freo could have been down by 50+ by quarter time given how s**t we started in those games.

We have more wins from 8 games than we did from 23 games last year.

Still a long way off from top 6 at least.

With the selection table, a potentially wet or greasy ground would mean that playing a more cumbersome player than Sandi is a bad start, considering clean possession and clearance is going to be minimal. Tabener should have rucked with Johnson chopping out.

Poor decision makers and poor disposal culprits are magnified in tough wet conditions. Pearce, Ibbo, Sutcliffe, etc only made the ball someone else's problem.

A smaller, nimbler team would've yielded a better result but still more than likely a comprehensive loss. But the selectors need to start drawing a line through a few niche or bandaid players, because they won't stem the bleeding and will only cause an infection later

Ehh.

Could not give a s**t about the result, but to not even see a response to our 1st half in the 2nd at all in regards to intent is just disappointing.

Definitely a game that highlighted our flaws and the real passengers in the side, also exposed and showed how ******* bad our backline is. The amount of players being rotated back there until something worked showed how dysfunctional it is - and no it wasn't because of the amount of workrate that was happening so we needed to put less tired people down there.

That backline needs to be revamped ASAP. Get Sutcliffe and Ibbotson out of that team now. Ibbotson is just not in form anymore and Sutcliffe is a weak girl who has never won a 1v1, makes us lose 1v2s and has never stuck a tackle. Why is he in the backline? Because of his brilliant rebound or is he just there to make up numbers.

Lets get at least 5 games into this please:

Hughes Haming Spurr
Weller Johnson Collins
Ryan

Pearce has done his job coming in to relive gametime minutes off of someone young, time to take him back out. Also lets be realistic - Darcy won't really be an upgrade on Griffin but Griffin isn't going to be at the club in 2 years time is he so pump experience into him now thanks.

Weller, Blakely and Tucker were all fantastic tonight - probably the best game I have seen Tucker play for us. Crozier, Hughes, Fyfe and Hamling were solid for what it was worth.

Review that game on Monday and make sure you don't embarrass yourself again boys. This game will be more of a wake up call to everyone than an initial spark to more disaster.
You still have Spurr in that backline?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back