Roast Why do so called experts continually underrate Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the Collingwood thing, we always seem to have to do that bit more to get a gig. Been like that for always.

On another note, certain players just tend to be picked if they look like they are on reasonable form eg Selwood.
Not saying he shouldn't be picked but he gets the benefit of doubt whilst Pendlebury doesn't

Oh Bont just gets Picked if he gets a few possessions absolutely flavour of the times

Do they though? He's continually spoken about in "best in the comp" discussions and is consistently in the AA team.

In all fairness, 2017 hasn't been one of his overall better seasons thus far and he'll most likely end up in the AA team by season's end. But yeah, a Victoria State Squad should have Pendles in it. I'd have him in ahead of Gaff at the very least.

Do they though? He's continually spoken about in "best in the comp" discussions and is consistently in the AA team.

In all fairness, 2017 hasn't been one of his overall better seasons thus far and he'll most likely end up in the AA team by season's end. But yeah, a Victoria State Squad should have Pendles in it. I'd have him in ahead of Gaff at the very least.
Hasn't been all australian since 2014 when he was named on the bench.

Hasn't been all australian since 2014 when he was named on the bench.
Which is a joke!

His best games this year have actually been better than those of the last couple of years but probably this year he has had a couple of off games. Has a clear 4 BOG performances thus far. I'm betting he's in the top 3 of the Brownlow right now.

He's a head of Merrett Gaff Oliver Kelly and arguably Selwood.

And if going by this year GAJ and the Bont aswell. Also could have taken easton woods spot at half back seeing as though they have the Bont and Dusty on half forward flanks.

It is all subjective

The coaches votes so far have Oliver and Selwood ahead of Pendles.

Guys like Gaff and Merrett and different players, they are very outside link men types...I guess like Sidney for us. Hard to compare.

Pendles isn't even leading the Didaka right now, bigfooty punters have Adams as Collingwood's best player so far in 2017.

If he is named on the bench instead of Ablett does it mean he is adequately rated?

Pendles does have some flaws.

He doesn't kick goals and his defensive skills are questionable. He is more a front runner rather than a two-way player imo.
Which defensive skills are you reffering to? tackles which he is second at the club for with 68 behind adams on 69, one per centers where he is 8th and thats good considering that number includes defensive spoils so heavily favours defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles does have some flaws.

He doesn't kick goals and his defensive skills are questionable. He is more a front runner rather than a two-way player imo.
I think you'll find his tackle numbers are very high.
So unsure how you get, defensive qualities being questionable?
He also wills himself into contest after contest.

But anyway your perspectivetive is yours, and it's interesting.

and Dangerfield
For real? You don't reckon it's because he averages 30 disposals, 8 clearances and just under 2 goals a game?

Dangerfield is not even close to flavour of the month Dave, he's a genuine superstar and you're blind if you can't see that.

For real? You don't reckon it's because he averages 30 disposals, 8 clearances and just under 2 goals a game?

Dangerfield is not even close to flavour of the month Dave, he's a genuine superstar and you're blind if you can't see that.

Don't put words on my Mouth.:rolleyes:

Where did I say he was not a Gun?

He is the Media Favourite. Pendles does that and gets no mention

Forget the experts, it seems like (some of) our own supporters continually underrate Pendlebury. It's probably because he doesn't burst from packs or attack the ball like a pit bull, so he doesn't "stand out". But you can almost bank on him being a class above everyone on the field every week.

Don't put words on my Mouth.:rolleyes:

Where did I say he was not a Gun?

He is the Media Favourite. Pendles does that and gets no mention
You literally just replied to a comment that said Bont was 'flavour of the times' with 'and Dangerfield'! I don't need to put words in your mouth, it's right there on the screen for you to see!

If that's not what you meant, then perhaps you should choose your words more carefully when you post, because you absolutely said that.

I think we are being a bit defensive. Pendles has been ranked very highly throughout his career. He was a little off his best in 2015-16 so didn't make AA. That was a correct call for mine. At the moment he would be on the fringe of selection for AA this year so the 2nd half of the year will dictate where he ends

Which is a joke!

His best games this year have actually been better than those of the last couple of years but probably this year he has had a couple of off games. Has a clear 4 BOG performances thus far. I'm betting he's in the top 3 of the Brownlow right now.

Just offloaded a gorilla on him to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back