Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

First loss for the year hes played in. You just know he offers a hell of a lot to our forward line structure. Hell get one more crack.

Second but who's counting :p

One interesting little fun fact of all those wins Waite has been crucial in 3 of them have come against a side that was in or played finals. Sometimes stats are misleading.

Dangerfield whinging about the jumper punch

Always bringing up North stuff Sam Mec no clue r

blimey, blokes are quick to kick this bloke in front of a bus, remember last year how many stinkers drewie played?
How can we forget. He was literally sent out as a lame duck for months.

I think its fair to criticise his game when he plays poorly, even if its without a streak of bad games. Its not like he is a young kid who is still learning his craft.

He should be able to bounce back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His days are numbered. We have got Pruess, Maj and McKay waiting in the wings. For what he has given us (both good and bad) he has been worth 10x his weight in gold.

Still seething over that smart arse kick at goal.

Honestly, I kid you not but I knew, absolutely knew that kick would miss the second he started to drop the ball.

Problem is his season has been just as good, if not better than Wood's. How do you justify dropping Waite ahead of Wood?

Problem is his season has been just as good, if not better than Wood's. How do you justify dropping Waite ahead of Wood?

Any self respecting bloke would rather lose Waite than lose Wood.

Waite is the primary target, Wood as a third tall is averaging similar stats.

There is also the fact one is a seasoned, proven talent performer and the other is an inexperienced raw talent.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d2=13&type=T&pid1=3834&pid2=318&fid1=S&fid2=S
Brown is the primary target, Waite the secondary. On the other hand you can say one gets a better defender and doesn't get the chance to get as far up the gound as the other to get involved in the play.

One also has far less clangers, has more pressure acts and gets involved in more scoring chains.

I'm not saying that Wood should go first. Just that if we are happy with Wood's output is Waite really playing that poorly when he is having a more positive impact on games?

Brown is the primary target, Waite the secondary. On the other hand you can say one gets a better defender and doesn't get the chance to get as far up the gound as the other to get involved in the play.

One also has far less clangers, has more pressure acts and gets involved in more scoring chains.

I'm not saying that Wood should go first. Just that if we are happy with Wood's output is Waite really playing that poorly when he is having a more positive impact on games?
Waite and Brown alternate. Pretty sure Wood hasn't been one of our main KPF's at any stage this year. Waites output should outstrip Woods every day of the week.

Sure he is having more impact as he should, but given their overall positions in importance and pecking order, it's minimal.

That's why he's copping more focus and criticism and rightly so.

Honestly, I kid you not but I knew, absolutely knew that kick would miss the second he started to drop the ball.

I think just about everybody reached the same opinion simultaneously by the time it hit his boot. Including W8 himself.

A goal at that time might have made a difference, but missing it was exactly what the opposition needed.

There were other costly misses as well, so nobody can lay the blame squarely on W8, but he really looked out of sorts all night.

Same way we justified retiring Boomer and Spud. Reckon both could have respectively outdone Hrovat and EVW's outputs so far this year. Time to look to the future and catch up on the experience gap created by our past selection policies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back