List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Drew Petrie

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't want old man Drew when the rumours first surfaced, as I thought his aged legs have the turning circle of the Titanic. However if he can prove to be useful until Lycett and Nic Nat return then I'll guess I have to cheer him on...

Ps saw Mcinnes live at SCG this season and he was very average, but mind you most of the team was after we briefly hit the lead in 3rd Q.

You can still hate him but please don't be one of those deplorable campaigners that boo him at the ground ala Swifty.

You can still hate him but please don't be one of those deplorable campaigners that boo him at the ground ala Swifty.

donald-trump-30.jpg

Petrie was cooked at North as a forward. The only glimpses of form he showed this season was as a ruckmen or roaming defender. And when i say glimpses, i mean he was tried twice but hey that's how Brad rolls.

With renewed enthusiasm and a midfield that could move it quicker than treacle, he may actually be useful. Has great endurance just lost his zip and his turning circle is shall we say vast but he will be okay. i reckon he will surprise a few.

If he can perform for the first 6-8 weeks till lycett is back then i happy.
He should be playing 15 games plus. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a fixture all year.

With Lycett back, who do we want playing primarily forward out of Giles and Petrie? Petrie every day of the week.

Vardy will be injured, so...

When this bloke was announced a lot of supporters, understandably so, were a little concerned. Was Simmo playing favourites? How could a bloke who has barely played ruck in years cope? Isn't he too old?

But wow, he's definitely a fan favourite now.

In a time where Redden and Jetta (initially) came over in their prime of their careers for a bit of a holiday, this bloke has been the heart and soul of the side recently with his intensity and sheer determination to get everything out of the final games of his career. His marking and pressure tonight was exceptional and he is proving an invaluable cog, to the point where he simply can't be dropped.

I would be very comfortable with him going around again, which speaks volumes about his recent work. Sadly, I'm sure it isn't meant to be. I really hope he stays with the club in some capacity, as he truly is a gentleman and legend of the game.

Hard to believe how negative we were to his recruitment. But I saw his last two games for North against the Hinata/Crows, he was getting full minutes as a key forward and I don't know his final stats, but he was just about statless by half time in both, he looked basically like LeCras now, physically cooked. The concern about picking him up was rational, but I suspect he was playing injured, because he has been exceptional, love it how much he puts his heart into it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reading all the negative comments that were made about Drew. But he has been outstanding for us, has shown more heart and ability then most of our younger players that have been on our list for some time. Drew deserves a spot in our best 22 over Darling, Hill, Lecca ect....

I was not keen on him when we first drafted him but he has shown a lot

Last edited:
I enjoy humble pie every time Drew takes the field for us.

It is bittersweet though as it confirms how light on heart we are as a club.
I have this feeling that the coaching staff as a whole don't show much heart which has gone right through the Club down to the players. It has been happening ever since we lost the GF in 2015. That year (2015) it was a pleasure to go to watch them play as during that year they put in every match.

Just reading all the negative comments they were made about Drew. But he has been outstanding for us, has shown more heart and ability then most of out younger players that have been on our list for some time. Drew deserves a spot in our best 22 over Darling, Hill, Lecca ect....

I was not keen on him when we first drafted him but he has shown a lot
He has made me eat my words.
Well done Drew!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back