Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people don't put the plates away in the correct order.

heaviest at the bottom, lightest at the top, its not ******* hard.

Also when you see 15kg/20kg/15kg etc on the same line group them ffs....drives me nuts.

(OCD kicking in I know but I don't care.)

When people don't put the plates away in the correct order.

heaviest at the bottom, lightest at the top, its not ******* hard.

Also when you see 15kg/20kg/15kg etc on the same line group them ffs....drives me nuts.

(OCD kicking in I know but I don't care.)

Same issue here, only thing is I go a step further and sort out the weights so they are back in the correct order.

What do you do if you have 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20 kilo weights but only 4 or 5 spots to place them?

Post from nearly 5 months ago, but it seems an ingrained mentality across all Derrimuts then.....

Clearly management doesn't give a ****

They're a money making machine; they'd only give a toss if members started leaving specifically citing weights not being put back as the primary reason.

At my gym typically plates are left on machines at the minimum that everyone starts with eg there's always a pair of 50kg plates on the leg press, 10s on the reverse hyper, 20s on the chest supported row & all the pressing machines. Bit different in a big commercial where you've got 40kg mums training there though. At home I've just got a heap of 20s, then a set of 10s, 5s, 2.5s and 1.25s (along with an odd assortment of other plates I've accrued over the years)

Same issue here, only thing is I go a step further and sort out the weights so they are back in the correct order.

What do you do if you have 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20 kilo weights but only 4 or 5 spots to place them?

Yeah I do the same, while glaring angrily at the rest of the gym.
:p

Will group the mini weights.

Post from nearly 5 months ago, but it seems an ingrained mentality across all Derrimuts then.....

Clearly management doesn't give a ****
The one in Adelaide is top notch. They don't have 15's either but have plenty of others. Staff are VERY onto people not putting their weights away. I've seen staff on several occasions telling offenders to re rack them. If you go in early (6 am) all weights are rearranged in perfect order (heaviest at bottom, lightest on top.)

Very impressed.

The one in Adelaide is top notch. They don't have 15's either but have plenty of others. Staff are VERY onto people not putting their weights away. I've seen staff on several occasions telling offenders to re rack them. If you go in early (6 am) all weights are rearranged in perfect order (heaviest at bottom, lightest on top.)

Very impressed.
That's good

Must be a South Australian thing then ;):(

Doesn't happen here though......anyways, I can live with it

Forgot about this awesome thread.

How about people that use benches to rest on? Or just as a shelf for the assortment of dumbbells they've collected? My gym is pretty big and has about 8 benches but without fail there is always someone using one as a resting seat.

Sit on the floor m8s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guy putting his water bottle on a machine he wasn't using, when he could have just stuck it under the bench he was using, wasn't really annoying just a bit strange to watch

Forgot about this awesome thread.

How about people that use benches to rest on? Or just as a shelf for the assortment of dumbbells they've collected? My gym is pretty big and has about 8 benches but without fail there is always someone using one as a resting seat.

Sit on the floor m8s
If you were doing say drop set/super set bicep curls or something then creating a bench shelf makes sense, though I guess you could just work out in front of the dumbbell racks too if it's not busy and no one else wants them dumbbells, but yeah, if you're not resting between sets on that bench then don't sit there if you don't plan to use it.

Did I miss the memo about wearing a hoddie to the gym? Or the other one about wearing a hat backwards with a hoddie on as well? Is this flog type behavior?

Did I miss the memo about wearing a hoddie to the gym? Or the other one about wearing a hat backwards with a hoddie on as well? Is this flog type behavior?
I wear caps (forwards) sometimes to keep my hair under control. Hoodies for when its cold

I wear a hoodie or jumper to the gym, I walk there in the morning and it's freezing during winter.
Beanie as well.

I've written this before and I'm gonna write it again, but people who wear lifting belts in general.

If you're a comp level power lifter then great, wear that belt for your squat or deadlift. If you're just training to get fit/big then never wear a belt. Most people do it because they think it makes them look bigger or cooler, and you often see these guys wear the belt for their entire session, not just for sq/dl.

Same with weight vests. Newish guy at my gym wears a weight vest for his whole session, which some stuff it works for (anything bodyweight) but if you're on the leg press, take it off mate. You look dumb.

Anyway, back to belts. Belts and aids that powerlifters use are actually counter-productive for 99% of lifters out there as you're taking away from building proper core strength to actually complete sq/dl properly. I see some classes in the matrix areas with a bunch of older, larger (read: fatter) people all deadlifting with belts on. All of them! Cut it out! And I've had someone tell me they have a spinal/disc issue etc and that's why they wear a belt... well don't f***ing deadlift then you moron.

Same actually applies to wrist wraps and knee wraps too. Don't wear them unless you're powerlifting at the top of your game.

I've written this before and I'm gonna write it again, but people who wear lifting belts in general.

If you're a comp level power lifter then great, wear that belt for your squat or deadlift. If you're just training to get fit/big then never wear a belt. Most people do it because they think it makes them look bigger or cooler, and you often see these guys wear the belt for their entire session, not just for sq/dl.

Same with weight vests. Newish guy at my gym wears a weight vest for his whole session, which some stuff it works for (anything bodyweight) but if you're on the leg press, take it off mate. You look dumb.

Anyway, back to belts. Belts and aids that powerlifters use are actually counter-productive for 99% of lifters out there as you're taking away from building proper core strength to actually complete sq/dl properly. I see some classes in the matrix areas with a bunch of older, larger (read: fatter) people all deadlifting with belts on. All of them! Cut it out! And I've had someone tell me they have a spinal/disc issue etc and that's why they wear a belt... well don't f***ing deadlift then you moron.

Same actually applies to wrist wraps and knee wraps too. Don't wear them unless you're powerlifting at the top of your game.
I wear wrist wraps for dead. But that's because my finger is still partially ****ed and it prevents me from going as heavy as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back