Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I'm in need of a 1.25kg plate. Can never find the small f***s always 1 but not the other. Rare as hens teeth.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My missus literally just had that problem. Found 1. Looked everywhere in the gym, no sight of the other

Apparently letting go of a cable handle and smashing the weights together at the end of each sets makes for a better workout

Oh yeh didnt ya know you gotta get them decibels up for maximum eardrum-atrophy.

The other day there was a "hardcore" gym chick with all the meme 2XU and fitbit gear etc working with a trainer on the lat pulldown machine, no joke she was doing sets of 10-15 where EVERY rep she would pull the weight down normally then let it violently lift her OFF the seat into the air like an amusement park ride, clank banging the crap out of the joint.

Seriously WTF? What the hell was she paying the trainer for? What was he thinking? In what universe would this behaviour be acceptable?
I almost confronted the trainer but ratted him out to management instead, not even worth my breath arguing with someone that stupid.

People who find a way to look at themselves in the mirror regardless of the exercise or where they're doing it.

mirror_090117_main.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting told to teach someone strongman movements when;
1) they haven't even progressed to standing barbell presses yet
2) your screening of their shoulder ROM suggests they probably shouldn't be overhead pressing with a bar yet
3) they haven't progressed to deadlifting from the floor
4) the coach has never done or been shown how to do the movements they want them to teach

I've switched to training in the morning which is good as there is only 2-3 others that train at that time.

Bloke was in this morning doing a chest session and proceeded to leave his weights on the barbell after bench press, the incline/decline machines.

Not to mention his incline barbell press was a half rep (not that this affects me just a side note :p)

Not irritating or annoying but had a guy who is regularly in the gym at the same time as me training today in a full Chicago Bulls kit... singlet, shorts, socks.... was hectic.

The big derrimut gym chains around my area seem to struggle with the rare 15kg plates...
Yep can confirm that, only ones I've seen at Caroline Springs and Melton are the coloured Olympic weightlifting plates IIRC

Standard Derrimut brand plates are just 20s 10s and 5s with some rare 2.5s and 1.25s

Really shits me how many people don't put their weights away, some kids just throw plates on the ground, had to tell a group off a few weeks ago to rack the plates at Derrimut and stop throwing 20s on the floor as basically every hammerstrength machine, leg press/squat machine, power rack and smith machine have built in plate racks at the Derrimut gyms I've been to, there's no communal plates areas it seems.

Floor staff/management there just don't enforce tidy up as you go, some times I go lateish after peak there like 830pm onwards or around lunchtime and the main weight room is just messy as **** .....really shits me on leg day when I have to rearrange the angle of a leg press seat so I can fit into it (6 foot 6 guy here) and I have to take 200kg off the bloody thing, then put 300kg back onto it, then take that 300kg back off it when I'm done..... Or setting up a squat rack etc for squats or incline presses and they're all over the place

*yes I set up incline in a squat rack, it's a much more comfortable angle on a retractable bench than a set incline bench as I feel I'm in control of the bar compared to feeling really high up and over the top of the bar like most incline benches are set up to be

Really shits me how many people don't put their weights away, some kids just throw plates on the ground, had to tell a group off a few weeks ago to rack the plates at Derrimut and stop throwing 20s on the floor as basically every hammerstrength machine, leg press/squat machine, power rack and smith machine have built in plate racks at the Derrimut gyms I've been to, there's no communal plates areas it seems.

Floor staff/management there just don't enforce tidy up as you go, some times I go lateish after peak there like 830pm onwards or around lunchtime and the main weight room is just messy as **** .....really shits me on leg day when I have to rearrange the angle of a leg press seat so I can fit into it (6 foot 6 guy here) and I have to take 200kg off the bloody thing, then put 300kg back onto it, then take that 300kg back off it when I'm done..... Or setting up a squat rack etc for squats or incline presses and they're all over the place

*yes I set up incline in a squat rack, it's a much more comfortable angle on a retractable bench than a set incline bench as I feel I'm in control of the bar compared to feeling really high up and over the top of the bar like most incline benches are set up to be
I used to work at the gym I'm a member at now. Was part of the contract of PTs to clean up gym floor but me and one other were the only ones who did it.

I'll always unload bars but don't bother unloading machines now. No one else does, I always end up doing it while I'm training so I've just gone full cbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back