NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's ADSL 2

Will be a damned sight better than what you currently have then, even on the lowest speed plan.

ADSL structurally is rubbish, as anything uploading will immediately grind all downloading to a halt until it's completed. NBN resolves this issue, and that's important in a world with Dropbox, Onedrive, iCloud, etc, etc.

Will be a damned sight better than what you currently have then, even on the lowest speed plan.

ADSL structurally is rubbish, as anything uploading will immediately grind all downloading to a halt until it's completed. NBN resolves this issue, and that's important in a world with Dropbox, Onedrive, iCloud, etc, etc.

Sure Does. s**t Speeds between about 4-11-12 at Night.

Does ADSL have any Upload Speed?

What about Download Speeds?

Sure Does. s**t Speeds between about 4-11-12 at Night.

Does ADSL have any Upload Speed?

What about Download Speeds?

Depending on how far from your local exchange you are, ADSL2+ can get up to 20Mbps download, but only up to about 0.98Mbps upload. And because it's a single pair of wire upload speeds stagnate download speeds.

ADSL is the worst, just awful. Anything is better, even if the NBN is cooked in this format.

Depending on how far from your local exchange you are, ADSL2+ can get up to 20Mbps download, but only up to about 0.98Mbps upload. And because it's a single pair of wire upload speeds stagnate download speeds.

ADSL is the worst, just awful. Anything is better, even if the NBN is cooked in this format.

I have no Idea where my Closest Local Exchange Is.

Best I seen on speedtest is 13-14mbps Download and Way Under 1mbps for Upload

No they're not.

There are different plans with different speed options, and not all of them come with unlimited data

I would love Unlimited Data as I don't have to Worry what I watch and Download but I don't want to slow of Speed

I have no Idea where my Closest Local Exchange Is.

Best I seen on speedtest is 13-14mbps Download and Way Under 1mbps for Upload

https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/

Just pop in your address and then click on the pin markers. One is for the exchange, the other is your home and it'll show you direct line distance, estimated cable distance, etc.

Distance dictates speeds.

nbn is s**t for me for now (fttn 25Mb/s plan)- web browsing keeps cutting out,watching s**t is fine,online gaming is fine but d/loading games/updates is shocking-4 days to d/l 23Gb- never consistent keeps cutting out and fluctuates from 100kb/s - 15Mb/s very rarely had this d/l issue with adsl.hoping its a modem thing thats causing this and IInet keep passing the buck (supposedly supporting their products):drunk:

nbn is s**t for me for now (fttn 25Mb/s plan)- web browsing keeps cutting out,watching s**t is fine,online gaming is fine but d/loading games/updates is shocking-4 days to d/l 23Gb- never consistent keeps cutting out and fluctuates from 100kb/s - 15Mb/s very rarely had this d/l issue with adsl.hoping its a modem thing thats causing this and IInet keep passing the buck (supposedly supporting their products):drunk:
Iinet reliability and customer service had gone down the tubes since being acquired by TPG.

Telstra is the best of the big providers for performance but their customer service can be hit and miss.

If you're after reasonable performance and excellent customer service I recommend Skymesh.

If you're downloading games via the PlayStation network performance can be horrible - google for settings to change to improve performance.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Have you Tried using a VPN?

As they might be Throttling the Download/Torrent Speeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprising.

They've chopped it up and I know for a fact that the services are being installed by dodgy operators bringing in international workers who came from call centres on 457 visas to cut costs.

My experience with these people has been awful.

Not surprising.

They've chopped it up and I know for a fact that the services are being installed by dodgy operators bringing in international workers who came from call centres on 457 visas to cut costs.

My experience with these people has been awful.

Show how little the Goverment and ISP's give a s**t about it

The goverment has made sure you Have to go to the NBN Network with the Old One getting Pulled out

Show how little the Goverment and ISP's give a s**t about it

The goverment has made sure you Have to go to the NBN Network with the Old One getting Pulled out

Which, on the face of it, is a good idea. Copper should go, it's rubbish and expensive to maintain. Of course Telstra make a shipload off it so it won't go anywhere.

The problem is the delivery of the new technology. It should have been FTTP, locked in, never changed. But at the same time the NBN and its contractors should be prevented from using shonky 457 deals to bring in unskilled techs to do the job of a real tech at a lower cost.

I hate my industry sometimes. Never more than when they sook about the "lack of skilled staff" in Aus. That's horseshit. There's tons of talented people here, but they cost more and reduce profits.

Which, on the face of it, is a good idea. Copper should go, it's rubbish and expensive to maintain. Of course Telstra make a shipload off it so it won't go anywhere.

The problem is the delivery of the new technology. It should have been FTTP, locked in, never changed. But at the same time the NBN and its contractors should be prevented from using shonky 457 deals to bring in unskilled techs to do the job of a real tech at a lower cost.

I hate my industry sometimes. Never more than when they sook about the "lack of skilled staff" in Aus. That's horseshit. There's tons of talented people here, but they cost more and reduce profits.

Agree. I am getting the Shitty FTTN but other Places are getting better stuff.

Should not be like that. Everyone should be getting best as Possible

Malcolm Turnbull/Tony Abbott/The rest of the dinosaur idiots

Well then Daddy is a Idiot as those guys who have no F**king Idea about this. They think they are doing it on the Cheap but it will just cost more

have you had much luck fixing your problems Dockerjonz?

There's a few things that can impact fttn (which is why it's an inferior technology):

1) do you have multiple phone sockets/outlets? this can cause a lot of problems as the higher frequencies vdsl use are much more sensitive than adsl.

2) how far away are you from your node, do you know? if you're on the edge of the service area then that could be causing you problems.

3) does your performance only slow down during peak periods? it sounds like it's consistently bad but it could be because iinet haven't bought enough capacity (cvc)... as far as nbn providers go iinet are not doing very well... you'd potentially be better off finding another provider - you might pay a bit more but it might be a vastly better service

4) it could be your modem/firmware, what are you currently using? is it up to date and on the nbn approved hardware list?

5) when was your node installed? although unlikely at this stage, if your node is already at capacity it can cause congestion issues. to cut costs nbn have only been putting 1gb/s links to the nodes (to service 200+ customers) so even if the isp has enough cvc it might be the node that's the issue but again this should only manifest during peak periods

Cheers for your input people,MS told me im getting packet loss (whatever that is), i contacted Technicolour and they say the modem isn't on their system (TG-789vac V2) and told me that iinet need to assist me even though it's their product :drunk: After that conversation it seems to be working much better now in regards to d/loading on the xbone although i haven't changed anything.Im using the ethernet cable but would like to use either 2.4ghz or the 5ghz wireless option- does going wired or wireless affect it? Not too sure how far i am from the node.
My son has to go wireless in his room so was thinking having his on 5ghz and mine on 2.4ghz network

I did a lot of work on this in my previous job, which I've just left.

If you're in a suburb that has poor internet connectivity/speeds then the NBN will NOT help unless the type of technology supplied is at least Fibre to the Curb or Fibre to the Premises. If its Fibre to the Node - forget about it as NBN uses the current copper wiring which we all know is complete and utter rubbish. Some suburbs in Perth have utterly rubbish copper wiring, when it rains the internet stops working.

Fibre to the Premises was the best idea that the previous Labor government could bring to the country and it was overturned with the much cheaper and completely useless current Liberal government. Beggars belief how the current government is spending all this money for NBN Fibre to the Node where it won't even work better.

I did a lot of work on this in my previous job, which I've just left.

If you're in a suburb that has poor internet connectivity/speeds then the NBN will NOT help unless the type of technology supplied is at least Fibre to the Curb or Fibre to the Premises. If its Fibre to the Node - forget about it as NBN uses the current copper wiring which we all know is complete and utter rubbish. Some suburbs in Perth have utterly rubbish copper wiring, when it rains the internet stops working.

Fibre to the Premises was the best idea that the previous Labor government could bring to the country and it was overturned with the much cheaper and completely useless current Liberal government. Beggars belief how the current government is spending all this money for NBN Fibre to the Node where it won't even work better.

Well Guess I am still Stuck with Shitty Internet then.

The Government love wasting money on stuff that does not work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back