Unofficial Preview Changes Portees v Deesees

Remove this Banner Ad

Mammoth diceroll by the Dees, adding a few underdone players to a team coming off playing in the heat of Darwin.

5 players coming back from injury is crazy IMO.

Good luck to them.

Good luck to Trengove too

Mammoth diceroll by the Dees, adding a few underdone players to a team coming off playing in the heat of Darwin.
They aren't underdone by any means.

Watts and Tyson could have played last week but were given an extra week, if we played at the G last week they would have played.

Salem back on schedule and Viney isn't human.

I don't see how inserting nearly an entire new (and better) midfield into a team plus another goal kicking option is a dice roll especially coming back from Darwin.

Injecting fresh players into key spots on the ground seems sensible to me.

Watts and Tyson could have played last week but were given an extra week, if we played at the G last week they would have played.

I don't see how inserting nearly an entire new (and better) midfield into a team plus another goal kicking option is a dice roll especially coming back from Darwin.

If they haven't been playing AFL, they are underdone, if they are coming back from injury even worse.

It takes time to get up to speed, adjust and react.

No one is saying they are crap players, but I wouldn't be playing 5 players just coming back from injury in one swoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd 2 - no change
Rnd 3 - in Lever out Jenkins
Rnd 4 - in Patton, Kennedy out Johnson, Griffin
Rnd 5 - in Polson, Phillps out Thomas, Kreuzer
Rnd 6 - in Gardiner, Close, Cutler out Cox, Bastinac, Dawson
Rnd 7 - in Hutchings out Duggan
Rnd 8 - in Brooksby, Fiorini, Bowes out Swallow, Ah Chee, Rosa
Rnd 9 - BYE
Rnd 10 - in Guthrie, Lang, Cunico out Lonergan, Cockatoo, O'Connor
Rnd 11 - No change
Rnd 12 - in Kelly, out Stanton
Rnd 13 - no change
Rnd 14 - in Goldsack, Reid out Smith, Scharenberg
Rnd 15 - in Markov, Stengle out Houli, Bolton
Rnd 16 - in Hurn, Priddis, LeCras, Lycett out Butler, Cole, Redden, Masten
Rnd 17 - in Zurhaar out Dumont
Not as bad as I thought but a fair few guns in amongst it.

I'm happy with the changes. I like Pittard but he's been down all year long. Like for like replacement is ideal.
I'm also in the Impey in camp for this game. We know Impey has had strong performances against Collingwood at the MCG. Maybe his game style suits the large MCG ground. He could have a big game this weekend.

If they haven't been playing AFL, they are underdone, if they are coming back from injury even worse.

It takes time to get up to speed, adjust and react.

No one is saying they are crap players, but I wouldn't be playing 5 players just coming back from injury in one swoop.

Oh please they've missed Watts (4 games), Salem (3 games), Tyson (2 games), Trengove (Been playing VFL all year), that's not going to affect them in the slightest.

It's the long layoffs like Gawn and Hogan had that have seen them come in underdone.

Oh please they've missed Watts (4 games), Salem (3 games), Tyson (2 games), Trengove (Been playing VFL all year), that's not going to affect them in the slightest.

It's the long layoffs like Gawn and Hogan had that have seen them come in underdone.

Okay, let's see how they go. What do I know, I'm a BF keyboard warrior ;)

Viney clearly is "underdone" in that even if they roll the dice and he plays, and that is a huge if, he will be in pain and not close to 100%.

I completely understand why your coaches want him in, but it is taking a risk.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brett Eddy still behind Aaron Young in the pecking order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back