No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g/news-story/8125d8ecb826b8c2d05c348f5adeb7e9

This is what annoys me. Any other player in Watts' position gets dropped and there's no real fuss, outside of a few tweets. But because it's Watts Mark Slobinson decides to write a "Is this the end for Watts?" melodrama despite reminding us himself that he's signed for two more years after this one.

Quoting Mark "Clayton Oliver is no good because he handballs too much" MacLure as the basis of your article is even worse.

Watts will be back, clearly he's just a guy that needs the occasional rocket. But he'll be back.
It's a pretty big indictment on the footy media that I'd rather come on BigFooty to read opinions on the game than pick up any of the newspapers. Either that or it's a pretty big indictment on myself.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...g/news-story/8125d8ecb826b8c2d05c348f5adeb7e9

This is what annoys me. Any other player in Watts' position gets dropped and there's no real fuss, outside of a few tweets. But because it's Watts Mark Slobinson decides to write a "Is this the end for Watts?" melodrama despite reminding us himself that he's signed for two more years after this one.

Quoting Mark "Clayton Oliver is no good because he handballs too much" MacLure as the basis of your article is even worse.

Watts will be back, clearly he's just a guy that needs the occasional rocket. But he'll be back.
Well said mate.

There isn't a more knee jerk journo doing the rounds than that fat slob and McClure is a f****** dinosaur

As much as I am prone to hyperbole I think it's more a 'get your s**t together' than '**** off and don't come back'.
You? no way ;)

Yeah, that's exactly what it is ... "Get your hands on the pill, lay some tackles, slot some goals and we'll see you next week"

He's played 4 games of footy since he kicked that brilliant sealer against Collingwood, he deserved to be dropped, but trading or delisting him belongs in the Loony Bin.

You? no way ;)

Yeah, that's exactly what it is ... "Get your hands on the pill, lay some tackles, slot some goals and we'll see you next week"

He's played 4 games of footy since he kicked that brilliant sealer against Collingwood, he deserved to be dropped, but trading or delisting him belongs in the Loony Bin.

Agree, but if he's still in the VFL in round 23 there will be legitimate questions about his future.

Agree, but if he's still in the VFL in round 23 there will be legitimate questions about his future.
No doubt, and if he's still there, its justifiable too, I'm just really hopeful that it doesn't come to that. He's such a smart player when he's actually getting near the ball, he's going to be on another plane of existence in the VFL ... It also did the trick when he dropped himself a few years back.

Nothing wrong with sending Watts down to train at Casey, it's been two years since he played VFL i think. I know we expect AFL players to rock up in play, but for someone who hasn't been there in a while better to acclimatise to the players and conditions. Don't read it as much of a banishment, but certainly the reason i described and a warning shot

Nothing wrong with sending Watts down to train at Casey, it's been two years since he played VFL i think. I know we expect AFL players to rock up in play, but for someone who hasn't been there in a while better to acclimatise to the players and conditions. Don't read it as much of a banishment, but certainly the reason i described and a warning shot
He's trained and been at Casey more recently (just not played).
He's the first player they've sent to Casey training instead of MFC.

He's trained and been at Casey more recently (just not played).
He's the first player they've sent to Casey training instead of MFC.
Alright, i'll hush my mouth. Or in this case hands

Couple things. Mark Mclure isn't wrong about what he said about Oliver. He does handball way too much and he puts his teammate under pressure often. He never said he couldn't improve just made the observation.

He also said watts was playing like s**t which we all agreed with. Call it an over reaction or not but Goody may well rid the club of watts. If you are training at Casey that's not because you are missing the odd tackle. That's a genuine punishment and maybe he just doesn't have the mental aptitude to be an elite player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said mate.

There isn't a more knee jerk journo doing the rounds than that fat slob and McClure is a f****** dinosaur
The way the footy media reacts to Watts's career highs and lows is no different to the way people around here react.

I suppose they should be held to higher standards, seeing as they get paid to dribble s**t. But, meh.

I know it's not the same thing but when we have batsmen struggling for form in 1st grade, we've been known to drop them to 3rd grade to bully and decimate bowling attacks. Two weeks of that then straight back up with head full of confidence. Works a treat.
Just a theory, probably wrong.

I know it's not the same thing but when we have batsmen struggling for form in 1st grade, we've been known to drop them to 3rd grade to bully and decimate bowling attacks. Two weeks of that then straight back up with head full of confidence. Works a treat.
Just a theory, probably wrong.
Nah, thats my thinking as well mate.

I would of used semi-colons I think. I generally use colons when I'm making some kind of list. I go with your regular semi-colon when it almost looks like a colon would be appropriate but I'm not totally sure so decide to half-arse it.
Would of?? How's this for a semi colon; we can't be friends anymore

Jack Watts has played his last game for the MFC. No chance he comes back in next week. We are simply a much better side without him. He will be traded in the off-season. I'd take an early second rounder. Yeah I know I'm not subjective about Watts but surely the results with and without him speak for themselves.

Jack Watts has played his last game for the MFC. No chance he comes back in next week. We are simply a much better side without him. He will be traded in the off-season. I'd take an early second rounder. Yeah I know I'm not subjective about Watts but surely the results with and without him speak for themselves.

Mate I agree watts has a lot to work on but settle down, if he's still playing VFL in round 23 then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back