Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

word was that he was on the trade table last year so cant see it to be any different this year.

My mail is he asked to be traded but the club either

a) didn't want to
b) couldn't find a suitor

Either way a disgruntled Goldy we have...

Goldy's performance may be due to any of a number of different factors. If it is due to off-field matters then hopefully he is able to access the best possible resources to help him work through any issues and I would think that the club would be working with him on this.

There is no doubt he is a shadow of his former on field self. At the peak of his powers two years ago, he would have led us to victory yesterday. Apart from some of his hit out work, everything else seems to have deserted him. However this is not without some precedent. In the commentary yesterday, they mentioned that Will Minson had a similar fall from grace. Maybe Goldy is simply cooked.

Having said that I have a left field theory. Goldy is doing this for the club. He knows that we need to get the best possible draft pick so as to enhance our chances in getting JK next year. He is looking forward to having JK at his feet next year.

It may not work for you that theory but it does work (just) for me.

Overheard down in the bowels of Arden Street's fuhrerbunker this morning:

Brad: I counted 7 dropped marks, Todd.

Todd: Seven?

Brad: Seven. I counted them.

Todd: I mean, I dropped a few, I know - not my best game - but surely it wasn't seven??

Brad: Seven. 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Todd: Why?

Brad: Cos you're fired!

Except that it was also Anthony Stevens business and effected the team.
Scott has publically stated he is in a state of shitness.........the club has done everything possible to support him and he is cheating the club that has done but support him.
Best solution would be of the Wayne Schwass route. End of the matter. Its better for him to free him of the burden/baggage from the club and viceaversa.

Last edited:
1. people have finnaly realised hes not playing injured
2. has anyone been to club functions? the bloke doesnt wanna be there
3. anyone ever seen him been active on social media like all the other boys? they all hang around eachother, he doesnt.....
4. asked for a trade last year, didnt happen.
5. will be traded this year.....somehow
6. not very well liked at the club as theyve lost patience due to all his **** ups
7. lets hope he somehow starts to play well so we can get some sort of value out of him.

3. anyone ever seen him been active on social media like all the other boys? they all hang around eachother, he doesnt.....
6. not very well liked at the club as theyve lost patience due to all his **** ups
7. lets hope he somehow starts to play well so we can get some sort of value out of him.

Wonder who this poster is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 is a load of shit. Why does he have to be active on social media? He has 3 kids, maybe they are more important to him than coffee dates with teammates.

6. What ****ups are you talking about?

we're playing practice matches at Arden St

Declan Mountford isn't homesick

We pick our side for the coming week on Wednesday

Todd Goldsteins life is going just dandy off-field.
Exactly. But the above doesn't suit the Turkey narrative. :stern look

which clubs need a ruckman in Melbourne saints have two but both are average buldogs are the obvious one.
Apart from that can't think of any other suitors for goldy personally think he is gone 18 months of average football. Points to issues and he needs a change .

Sometimes I take on board what someone says more so than the amount they post. He Goldy is a different 'cat' as they say. And that is pretty much a quote.

....my point being that its the same as what's been written for the past 30 pages and somehow its earth shattering?

If he/she is in the 'know' give us something more than that and contribute a little bit more than a 6 post a year average.

Last edited:
Overheard down in the bowels of Arden Street's fuhrerbunker this morning:

Brad: I counted 7 dropped marks, Todd.

Todd: Seven?

Brad: Seven. I counted them.

Todd: I mean, I dropped a few, I know - not my best game - but surely it wasn't seven??

Brad: Seven. 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Todd: Why?

Brad: Cos you're fired!

funniest post of the year by far......great work mate:thumbsu::thumbsu:

That depends if you match all three criteria above old boy. I'm tipping you're in the 80%.
Sadly not :-( Am a little too far away, only by the engagement of farm life, to get anywhere near the metropolis, so my current commitment level would have me at about 15% That said, I owe Phillyroo a beer or 2, and what has come shall pass, so no doubt I will rejoin the 80% after a solid preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back