Play Nice First transgender player in the AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't about discrimination of transgender people. Those that protest seemingly do so because there is a physical advantage of a transgender woman playing against a woman who is a gentic woman. She/ he appears to have the size and physique of a man. That would be terribly inequitable and accordingly unreasonable more so because it is a contact sport. No sorry

If an overweight player existed in the AFL, commentators would call them out for not being in top condition.

If the AFL allows this, they're proving they don't give two shits about female players. They'd be putting biological women in danger, so as to be polite to a very small percentage of the population.

The women just got their league, and now some people want to take that away from them.

What context do you mean? Genetic modification has been going on for millennia, and chromosones house the genome. Ergo chromosonal modification is not new. This is a social issue, not a scientific one. Don't pretend otherwise.
Biologically a man can never be a woman and vice versa.

It is entirely a science issue.

If someone has gender dysphoria and wants to live as a woman they can please themself, but they're still a man despite any social narrative they want to portray.

If the AFL allows this, they're proving they don't give two shits about female players. They'd be putting biological women in danger, so as to be polite to a very small percentage of the population.

The women just got their league, and now some people want to take that away from them.
The AFL has has trans players since 2009 and the Olympic Games have had transgender athletes eligible compete since before Athens in 2004.

Biologically a man can never be a woman and vice versa.

It is entirely a science issue.

If someone has gender dysphoria and wants to live as a woman they can please themself, but they're still a man despite any social narrative they want to portray.
No one is saying a trans woman ends up a biological woman. Trans people can have their legal markers including birth certificate and pass port in the ACT and Southh Australia gender confirmation surgery is not required to do this.

Most sports including the AFL and IOC don't require gender surgery to change gender.

One thing that's often overlooked with transgenders is their height advantage. Many like the one referred to in the op are well over 6ft. This is a massive advantage over the biological women and doesn't alter even when things like testosterone redicingm medication is taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah has successfully played in the ACT womens competition this year making the ACT rep team as an interchange. I have spoken to a number of her opponents and they have told me she isna good player bit not a great player and no where near the best in their competition.

No one is saying a trans woman ends up a biological woman. Trans people can have their legal markers including birth certificate and pass port in the ACT and Southh Australia gender confirmation surgery is not required to do this.

Most sports including the AFL and IOC don't require gender surgery to change gender.

No one cares about this. We are using our common sense here. You cannot change your biology in a way which would ever make it fair.

It's dangerous to females. It should not be allowed.

One thing that's often overlooked with trannies is their height advantage. Many like the one referred to in the op are well over 6ft. This is a massive advantage over the biological women and doesn't alter even when things like testosterone redicingm medication is taken.
Do you suggest we ban female players that are above a certain height

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that's often overlooked with trannies is their height advantage. Many like the one referred to in the op are well over 6ft. This is a massive advantage over the biological women and doesn't alter even when things like testosterone redicingm medication is taken.

I'm the same height as my dad, and he's 30 years older than me. He could still beat me in an arm wrestling contest.

No one cares about this. We are using our common sense here. You cannot change your biology in a way which would ever make it fair.

Obviously a lot of people care about this issue whether they agree or disagree.

This isn't about discrimination of transgender people. Those that protest seemingly do so because there is a physical advantage of a transgender woman playing against a woman who is a gentic woman. She/ he appears to have the size and physique of a man. That would be terribly inequitable and accordingly unreasonable more so because it is a contact sport. No sorry
You're kidding yourself.

If she was born female and was the same weight and height you wouldn't surely be arguing for her exclusion just because she was bigger. You couldn't, there would be no grounds for it.

This is purely because people either don't understand or don't like that trans people exist.

I'm the same height as my dad, and he's 30 years older than me. He could still beat me in an arm wrestling contest.
I bet he wouldn't beat you as easily if his testosterone was taken away for a few years and he was administered massive doses of estrogen.

Yep Peter Street was better than Judd.

How so?

No I mean no one cares what some organisation's definition of male and female is. We can use our own brains.
These organizations have developed and implemented controversial policies so the players probably care.

Why do you think a women's league exists in the first place? Why can't women just compete against the men if there's no difference??
There is a difference that is why trans athletes have to achieve a reduction in testosterone levels to compete as a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back