Things You Were Wrong About

Remove this Banner Ad

Mackay went in hard several times on Thursday night.

I may be critical of a lot of things Mackay does, but I will say that when it's his time to go he never shirks the contest. He's always willing to put his body on the line or go in hard for a tackle.

Unfortunately he's built like a twig, so is often ineffectual with his tackling. Full credit to him for always committing to the contest though.

Mackay went in hard several times on Thursday night.

I may be critical of a lot of things Mackay does, but I will say that when it's his time to go he never shirks the contest. He's always willing to put his body on the line or go in hard for a tackle.

Unfortunately he's built like a twig, so is often ineffectual with his tackling. Full credit to him for always committing to the contest though.
I think he tripped ;)

The thing I was wrong about (well, I wasn't at the time):

Don Pyke had no plan B

Officially 'wrong' (or as I like to call it, no longer a valid state of affairs) in the first 10 mins of the Geelong game. We are frequently lowering the eyes now, teams can't necessarily play the loose behind the ball anymore and we are now getting more joe the gooses. Plus we win scrappy and just get the job done rather than trying to win with style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed. who knew 119 wasn't the best pear outcome ever? this might just top it.
Might have to rework the old joke? Whats the best thing about beating Port by 100 points? Beating them by 1.
After the siren. In Extra Time. After they miss 3 shots on goal.

watching the qualifying final again (why not?) and a couple of things struck me

I wasn't sure about the appointment of best bud Brett Burton, and then his best bud Matt Hass but watching Talia and Patton tussle just before 1/2 time and I noticed that Talia looks a lot leaner, fitter, more sleek. Same with Sauce. we know we've had a good injury run, could these guys be re-shaping our players bodies for greater resilience? there's definitely a change and it seems for the better. Which I was plainly wrong about.

the other thing is that Sauce was cooked, a dinosaur who was too slow and immobile. didn't do enough around the ground. this year I've noticed he seemed to be much more mobile, and maybe some of that is down to his new greyhound physique?

mostly though, watching this game and thinking back over the season I don't know if he is more mobile? I think it just looks that way. he's having a near career best year, and he looks more mobile, like he's covering more ground and getting to more contests leading to more influence. he definitely looks stronger

I think sauce is just competing better and stronger in the air though. all year he has taken tough marks and really competed to spoil the contest if its not his. not sure if its instruction, coaching, game style what have you? he's making each contest count, which then looks like he's getting to more contests because his influence is more obvious.

I thought he was past it, too slow, too lumbering, to impact around the ground like the modern game requires. instead he's just gotten better at competing when he is there. like his winning % of contests has never been higher, more quality than quantity. I never saw him having that aerial ability, which lets him do more with less. more influence from the same opportunities.

there might just be a link between the 2 too.

I thought Hinkley and McCartney could coach. Was disappointed when we got Sando.

Jury possibly still out on Macca but the verdict is definitely negative on Ken

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Wrong ...Don Pyke was a one trick pony..
...B Crouch ,,too injury prone ,,thought we would never get more than a couple of games out of him
birdmans appointment ...thought it was a boys club gift...he has them cherry ripe
Knight ...thought he was a bit too slow...footy brains and heart covered that one ..( and he's not that slow )
JJ would be worth every penny we paid for him ..???
Lever as a long term crow ..( may still be )..??
Scott Camporeale wasn't much of a midfield coach
Re-signing of Mitch ...
Tag Sloane and we roll over
The Advertiser would sack Rucci ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back