Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong may beat us, even then I don't think we will overpay.

I was very sceptical about organic growth and thought we should have got Gibbs, but our midfield has improved.

Sloane is a star.
Matt Crouch has taken it to another level.
Brad Crouch has had an excellent second half of the year.
Greenwood has been a surprise packet who with another preseason will get even better as his game time is way down.

If we can't work out a reasonable trade he will stay a blue.

Can't argue with any of that..

Why are people taking an unsubstantiated rumour from some Collingwood supporter as gospel when it comes to the supposed actions of the former Brisbane captain?

"I don't want Rockliff, he makes young players drink their own piss."

"How do you know that?"

"I read it online, this one guy swears it's true so it must be."

If it's true, half the competition would know about it. If we're talking to Rockliff at all then the story is either bullshit or hugely exaggerated. An interview or two will determine whether Rockliff is a good cultural fit based on his current maturity level, not internet rumours from a few years ago.
are you suggesting that things stated on the internet are sometimes untrue? is that what you are asking me to believe?

I was very sceptical about organic growth and thought we should have got Gibbs, but our midfield has improved.

Sloane is a star.
Greenwood has been a surprise packet who with another preseason will get even better as his game time is way down.

Agree benifical for all parties.

If we offered you our first rounder last year and Kelly, in hindsight you would have to admit that would have been a reasonable trade given Kelly's year.
Nope. As our midfield was decimated. Gibbs was amazing in a few of our wins and without him we would've been far worse off. Kelly would've done nothing to alleviate that, certainly not a late first round pick either.

Nope. As our midfield was decimated. Gibbs was amazing in a few of our wins and without him we would've been far worse off. Kelly would've done nothing to alleviate that, certainly not a late first round pick either.
It's didn't change where you finished though.

That's an ignorant thing to say, it did. We didn't get another spoon. We were close and without Gibbs and no ready made replacement we may well have been there. Gibbs was good for the club, good for supporters and good for development of the young guys. Worth far more than a late first and a player we don't need at this stage of a rebuild.

Where we finish this year, or even next year, is less relevant than developing our horde of kids. Gibbs was critical to that this season, and while I think we could manage without him next year given our own organic growth, we'll be equally happy for him to stick around another couple of years if a deal can't be reached with you guys.

It's a weird trade of convenience in that both sides would like to do the deal, but neither is so desperate to do it that they'll adjust their expectations.

Sloane is a star.

I don't get this line of thinking. Your club is in the premiership window, a lot of your players are 28+ and this year and next you have a massive chance of winning another premiership.

A 1st round pick or 2 and a player who hasn't contributed should be a no brainer.

However good you have been this year, Bryce would have made you a lot better.

I don't get this line of thinking. Your club is in the premiership window, a lot of your players are 28+ and this year and next you have a massive chance of winning another premiership.

A 1st round pick or 2 and a player who hasn't contributed should be a no brainer.

However good you have been this year, Bryce would have made you a lot better.
Who are the a lot of players over 28?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we offered you our first rounder last year and Kelly, in hindsight you would have to admit that would have been a reasonable trade given Kelly's year.

What would Kelly do for us? We already have Byrne, Plowman, Docherty, Williamson and Weitering playing similar roles. If the crows offered us Cameron and a first, that would have been reasonable.

Rockliff rumoured to be at the cutting edge of electrolyte replacement therapy and still some don't want him. Madness.
when I find out what this means I make like again...

So you're working on the assumption the deal we wouldn't do last year we will do this year?
No, you tried to do it last year but none of the players you offered up either wanted to come or we would take as compensation. This years pick is worse. Therefore you're steak knives player needs to be better. Gallucci and 17 is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back