Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, even with just 4 years of Rocky I'd have given us every chance to win a flag with him on the list.

But that would have been on the cards for the latter years - I'm sure within two years we'll have secured someone as good or better.
Not if where still only winning 6 or 7 games per year . Its the way FA has worked since introduction the good players leaving their club through FA want success and go to top clubs whilst the lower clubs miss out .

Not sure we'd take him even if he lasted, considering the price the Dees are paying.

We wouldn't get the chance. He would go #1 or #2. Brisbane or Gold Coast would trade him in 12 months for a first round pick. It's a no brainer for them.

Still a conflict. He's accepted a job from a club that supposedly has interest in one of his current players.
If a player manager takes up a role at a club, especially in the recruiting/list management side of things, all of the manager's clients should be off limits to the new club for at least 12 months.
Tell that to gws in regards to sos

Stuffed if I know how to embed tweets or any of that high tech stuff but can anyone who was listening to that Trade Radio give me some context on what Lloyd said about Devon Smith? "I told Devon Smith to give the first handball. He said 'I can do more with the football than who I would handball it to'". No thanks if that's his attitude

I've said this from day dot - do NOT want Smith unless it's unders.

Arrogant little over rated ball hog. He would look great in Red and Black though.

Hopefully SOS is just driving up the price.

Matt Kennedy, Pick 3, Keep Gibbs and one of Saad or Balic and SOS has done very well.
Reckon we need a couple of arrogant little ball hogs in our side weve just missed Rocky wonder how this one will go .

Stuffed if I know how to embed tweets or any of that high tech stuff but can anyone who was listening to that Trade Radio give me some context on what Lloyd said about Devon Smith? "I told Devon Smith to give the first handball. He said 'I can do more with the football than who I would handball it to'". No thanks if that's his attitude

That was back when Devon was 16 or 17

He is a good player but does burn his team mates as he loves a goal. It wouldn't surprise me that he is bit of a tosser. I still would of liked him but it probably wasn't meant to be. Could be a quiet trade period if it's just Kennedy coming in.

Adams is made from the same stuff as Smith. Do not want. Watch Matthew Kennedy speak in his draft year - humble and comes across as a good character. That's what we want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the reality is every good successful team has aggressive alpha male types (sometimes referred to as "flogs") that you just HATE, in their team and we are in short supply of these types. Its no good having a team of Pat "Sorry mate" Rafter's. Fire at will.

IMO; we should put it to Gibbs, sign a contract extension now or GTFO. Protects our interests, and flushes out Gibbs' long game

No way I would want the club signing him to an extension now. We have no idea how he will be playing at the end of 2019 or where his mind will be, Gibbs is not the be all and end all of Carton football club. He is one player on the list. An aging one at that.

Matthew Lloyd?

If so ignore. Essendon media doing their best to rubbish their trade targets. Filthy cheats.

re Devon Smith: Do we want an arrogant aggressive goal kicking midfielder - who takes it upon himself to hunt goals? I think I have just answered my own question.
Yep saw Marc Murphy plenty of times this year looking for a player in a better position whilst already being inside 50 and stuffing up a pass . Rather than backing himself and kick the goal .

Tell that to gws in regards to sos
While there are slight similarities, I think the differences are quite large.
The sole purpose of a list manager is to build the best team that he can for his employer. That doesn't change from one team to the next.
A player manager that knows they are about to move into a list managers role while still representing players that are out of contract and/or asking for trades, can attempt to fill both roles with an eye to the new role.
I wonder if we would be as blase about it if Cripps' manager moved into a list manager role at WC as Cripps was coming out of contract?
SOS can try to entice players over from his past club, but it's up the player and their manager to work out what's best for them. In this scenario Smith's manager can ignore better monetary offers or better fits for his client, while trying to nudge him towards his new employer because he knows he will benefit from it in a few months time. While he can't make up Smith's mind, he can certainly influence it.

There will be improvement. I really have no idea what u expect will happen 2 years into a complete list and club rebuild especially targeting youth for sustained success. Improvement is not just about wins/losses . While we are rebuilding with youth i look for improvement in individuals not wins/losses. We have turned over 30+ players so far. You are only determining that wins/losses will be a gauge of improvement where as i realise with so much youth that at the start the improvement will be in individuals first and not on the wins/losses board. And if people need name players to turn up and support the club then basically they are not true supporters are they. If players are tempted by big money elsewhere then we dont want them they can go. I am happy where we are at and if taking more youth means longer term pain then so be it. No matter what will never please everyone but i am just enjoying watching our youth come through at the moment and i look for improvement in them not the win/loss board

I'm so sick of reading statements like these about what or whom a " true supporter " should be. People support the club in different ways. Some are members , some arent. Some attend games. some don't. Doesn't make them any less a " true supporter " than you are. Nor does having differing opinion make them less of a " true supporter". I'm sick of BS like this. Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a " true supporter " ? Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back