News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 12 does nothing for us in 2018. Absolutely sweet **** all.
I suggest we say to Brisbane "You give us Sam Mayes we'll give you Charlie"....
I know he is contracted until end of 2019, but Charlie is contracted at the moment as well.
Gets us a good SA lad who has almost 100 games under his belt and improves us.
Only other deal they should entertain at this stage is getting Brisbane's first next year for Pick 10 and Charlie....otherwise Charlie stays put.

We just have to trade him, it would be silly for Crows to hold him, he will play like crap more often and we can at least get something this year, next year we will get barely anything, it would also mean we cant get games into someone like Galucci etc which would be more beneficial and we don't lose a lot really, if anything. Use 12 or 18 for someone else, or don't, go to draft but we shouldn't keep him.

Honestly lads you would think we were dealing with Sloane or walker , bit of an over kill isn't it ?
Yea line in the sand stuff but keep it for next year when the wolves come for Sloane not Cameron

Don't think your current big balls attitude will make up for the flag you gave to Richmond or even give you next seasons one. Look we all thought you were the best team last season , how it ended up Like it did is anyone's guess but you are not attracting players like you should , look at Motlop and keeping a player who wants out who is not essential to the crows going forward seems silly to me

Hope it works out in he end

Problem with this situation is if we land pick 12, then it just gets passed on to Carlton anyway. May as well not have it, given 16 might get that deal done anyway. They can’t request what we don’t have.

This must be the thinking behind requesting a player rather than the pick, which is overs for Charlie but gives us zero benefit.

We should be going hard for Mayes here.

Honestly lads you would think we were dealing with Sloane or walker , bit of an over kill isn't it ?
Yea line in the sand stuff but keep it for next year when the wolves come for Sloane not Cameron

Don't think your current big balls attitude will make up for the flag you gave to Richmond or even give you next seasons one. Look we all thought you were the best team last season , how it ended up Like it did is anyone's guess but you are not attracting players like you should , look at Motlop and keeping a player who wants out who is not essential to the crows going forward seems silly to me

Thank you for your concern.

Problem with this situation is if we land pick 12, then it just gets passed on to Carlton anyway. May as well not have it, given 16 might get that deal done anyway. They can’t request what we don’t have.

This must be the thinking behind requesting a player rather than the pick, which is overs for Charlie but gives us zero benefit.

Why on earth should we be going hard for Mayes??
Reid and Elite are correct in that we should be preferring players instead of picks, at this point,
However, they should be best-22 players in areas of need (unless stars), not middling depth players. We should not be trading just for the sake of it.

Don't like your chances with Mayes. He's very settled and his girlfriend just landed a dream job with Triple Eight Racing.

Plus the club is desperate to keep and add players in that age range. Thus our interest in Cameron.

Really felt like Reid was saying "get us Gibbs" to Brisbane today.

Maybe Carlton has said they have to get 12 from us?

Reid and Elite are correct in that we should be preferring players instead of picks, at this point,
However, they should be best-22 players in areas of need (unless stars), not middling depth players. We should not be trading just for the sake of it.
Not saying I would want him, but he would be in our best-22. Some under-estimation going on here. He would get a game ahead of Knight/Seedsman/Mackay for example.

Bit disrespectful to Richmond. You think we should hand him over for less than you are willing to pay? You have Noble now, not us.

Disagree with your assessment of Mayes.
Not saying I would want him, but he would be in our best-22. Some under-estimation going on here. He would get a game ahead of Knight/Seedsman/Mackay for example.
Absolutely. Was 5th in their B & F this year (albeit they finished bottom). He definitely starts for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Reid just say pick 12 not enough for Charlie.

Got to say if we don't trade him out this week I will be disappointed given the comments Charlie's manager made about his attitude for next year if he is here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Charlie's manager should be sanctioned by the AFL for those outrageous, meddlesome and mischievous comments.

Reb
In what position?
Rebounding Half Back Flanker. He had a great finish to the year for them in that role, hence his 5th in their B&F. There is a role vacant in that spot with Smithers going down. I say he fills it better than Seed, MacKay or anyone else on our list at the moment.

The context was "draft picks don't help us get back to the grand final next year".

Sounds like he's tilting in the Gibbs direction.
Draft picks might help if they're tradeable for the player you need. Carlton need picks I believe, so I can't really see where Reid is going with this, especially if he thinks Brisbane's pick 12 is gettable. Plus, he wants more than pick 12? Sounds to me like Crows are pretty keen to keep Charlie.

Looking fairly obvious now. We won't move on Cameron, unless a ready-made player (Gibbs) is coming back our way.

Not sure I agree with this, as Cameron's value will be far less at the end of 2018. But, if the club feels like it needs to make a statement, then so be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back