Play Nice First transgender player in the AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main concern is the ability to manipulate her HRT.

What if she is feeling sluggish and the pressure to perform, leads to her going off estrogen and test blockers.

Her system won't rebound immediately but she would still gain a significant advantage.

How often will she be tested? Can she be target tested far more than other girls without it being discrimination?

What are the acceptable limits of test befor it is considered doping?

What if she is found to be skipping treatments/ tablets/injections?

AFL just needs to come out and say the AFLw is a development league, and has rules accordingly.

Aren't there age limits in TAC cup? Just say there are strict gender limits here, the women have waited a long time for this and the program itself is delicately positioned. Its already got a lot of people negative towards it. This wont help in any way

As another example, if the AFL launched an overseas AFL development league, it would have rules to inhibit or restrict the players with australian backgrounds, to stop them flooding in and ruining the point of the competition, to raise profile overseas

the LGBxxxxTI stuff is a side issue

But are you then open to biological females boosting their Testostorone to levels found in legal transgender athletes?
Surely this stuff would have been covered in track and filed sports
No, trans athletes have quite a bit less testosterone than natural women. The drugs cut testosterone production to basically zero. Women make testosterone, just not as much as men. That's the basis of the argument. Having a big body with less testosterone than a women makes it hard to stop that body becoming the concistency of a pudding.

As I said before, the biggest danger she may pose is if she falls on someone.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...y/news-story/a21ec2bd491a38a5fd378e388e501c0f

Personally, I'm not convinced that the only difference between male and female in regards to sporting performance is testosterone levels.
It's certainly not, but it is the source of the largest variations, other variations tend to be within 'limits', ie, the difference on average between men and women is comparable to the difference between individuals within a gender.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the AFL, where we support 'LGBT' and 'Equal Rights', but only when it makes us look good.
How would allowing a man to play football against women be equal rights for the women?

How would allowing a man to play football against women be equal rights for the women?

Lol, I'm not an extremist. I'm just seeking attention.

In all seriousness, I kind of understand the decision considering the potential advantage masculinity has over the rest of the women's comp. It's been proven in many ways that men are more physically capable in vigorous activities compared to women.

But in the end, there is no getting away from the criticism this decision will bring about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back