Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, pre-seaon draft still an option.

But we did get something from Brisbane even though you were pretty adamant we wouldn't.

See you can be wrong too.

If we have a four year deal on the table for a player leading into a trade period we don't then not make an offer for him.

Not even sure what Brisbane has to do with it.

Four year deal on the table from the Eagles according to Abasi.
You’re forgetting the reason for this.... he didn’t want to leave Melbourne.

P.s FOUR YEARS!!

Well no because I knew it wasn't true. Just like I've been saying since you first told me.
4 Years...and not even that could convince him.

Talk of him being delisted. Surely he is too good to be delisted at 22?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not 100% sure he’ll be delisted, but it seems the last month has not gone as he had planned when he decided to look at offers elsewhere.

Perhaps he’ll get taken in the PSD.

Reportedly on the table.

Who wants him? What's he worth to get him there?

What do you want Hawks fans?

Geez... depth at best at most clubs you would think.

Probably worth a punt as a DFA if you have the list space and want to build some run in your side - but you wouldn't pay more than a half eaten bag of Twisties for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess those big contract rumors from the Eagles were garbage. And just on that weren't GWS making a move for Puopolo to cover the gaping pressure forward hole in their list?

North got a lot more than just Anderson in that deal. In points Anderson was valued a lot less than #19 (and Hawthorn did on-trade those picks, so the points are relevant).
We got Benny McKay from that pick from memory, not bad.

Probably worth a punt as a DFA if you have the list space and want to build some run in your side - but you wouldn't pay more than a half eaten bag of Twisties for him though.

Agree. Can't see him being able to really contribute unless he's playing in a great side that can look after him. He just doesn't have the physicality or the heart, and his panic decision making is simply atrocious.

His last 2 minutes against Carlton late in the season summed it up, that had to be the death-knell.

Nah u got 38 and 40, think u shuffled around abit and got hibberd at 33 and Corey Wagner at 43
I was thinking of the Brisbane picks then. At least Hibberd will be a half decent player, not sure why we bothered with Wagner, fumbles everything.

Guess those big contract rumors from the Eagles were garbage. And just on that weren't GWS making a move for Puopolo to cover the gaping pressure forward hole in their list?
They're going to sign Mitch Honeychurch as a DFA for that role, we don't have list spots next year to keep him.
Good kid, hope he does get the second chance and plays well.

I was thinking of the Brisbane picks then. At least Hibberd will be a half decent player, not sure why we bothered with Wagner, fumbles everything.

After all the on-trading and whatnot, you ended up with:

Pick 15 + Pick 55 + Pick 50 (2016) + Ryan Bastinac
for
Jed Andersen + Ben McKay (17) + Ryan Clarke (26)

(picks noted were from time of trade, before academy bids moved them back)

After all the on-trading and whatnot, you ended up with:

Pick 15 + Pick 55 + Pick 50 (2016) + Ryan Bastinac
for
Jed Andersen + Ben McKay (17) + Ryan Clarke (26)

(picks noted were from time of trade, before academy bids moved them back)
Thanks, the Anderson trade is not as bad on reflection.

As a fast/zippy ball-butcherer he would be an improvement for us on Dylan Buckley, so if we were to take him as a DFA (i.e. no value at all) I'd be happy. I imagine a lot of clubs would be similar - he's not great but he's surely an improvement on at least 1 delisted player from each team, if they have list spots to fill he would be in my top few picks this year as a DFA.

Thanks, the Anderson trade is not as bad on reflection.

Yep.

Clarke probably ends up a Bastinac-type in a few years but you drop your age profile.
Odds are you'd have taken McKay at 15 if you'd kept it (alternatives were Burton and Fiorini, Burton would have been handy on reflection).
So Andersen for 55 (2015) and 50 (2016).

Break-even for me.

As a fast/zippy ball-butcherer he would be an improvement for us on Dylan Buckley, so if we were to take him as a DFA (i.e. no value at all) I'd be happy. I imagine a lot of clubs would be similar - he's not great but he's surely an improvement on at least 1 delisted player from each team, if they have list spots to fill he would be in my top few picks this year as a DFA.

Probably the closest match I can think of at Essendon (that gets regular games) would be Trav Colyer. And he has his detractors - his disposal sometimes make you want to claw your freakin eyes out.

And I seriously don't think he'd be getting squeezed out of the side for Hartung.

The other sort of running, link up players would be Merrett, McKenna, Saad (new addition).

So yeah, be destined for the VFL with us.

You blokes maybe, but even then he'd only be around until you developed someone better.

I'm sure he'll get a gig somewhere (whether Hawks or elsewhere), but he is potentially 12 months away from being out of the system completely without drastic improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back