Training TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

from the pictures frosty seems of leaned right up bloke had massive guns last few years.

Might have just not been at gym over the break. Don’t worry too much about player physiques as there really shouldn’t be any noticeable changes until late this year/early next year (Unless they’ve absolutely smashed out a heavy program over their break).

Might have just not been at gym over the break. Don’t worry too much about player physiques as there really shouldn’t be any noticeable changes until late this year/early next year (Unless they’ve absolutely smashed out a heavy program over their break).
yeah i just remember the training photos from last year and bloke was massive thought theyd want him big for the big blokes seems to have lost alot of weight

yeah i just remember the training photos from last year and bloke was massive thought theyd want him big for the big blokes seems to have lost alot of weight
Frost's weapon is his speed. He can go hard on core/leg strength for when he has to body. But ideally he beats his opponents to the ball.

Zac dawson spent a career defending with noodle arms.

Frost's weapon is his speed. He can go hard on core/leg strength for when he has to body. But ideally he beats his opponents to the ball.

Zac dawson spent a career defending with noodle arms.

I am worried if we are trying to model our key defenders on Zac Dawson.........

He has been working in the gym, i saw a photo a few weeks back and the bloke is shredded. He has leaned right up and dropped body fat.

Gawny has leaned right up to, footy is all about running these days those extra KGs aren't as important as bringing down your 2km time trial.

Eh it was a valid criticism at the time considering how bad his body language on field was for a leader. Even Oliver ripped into him during a game!

I don’t doubt Max will come back better than ever but I hope how bad he was late last year drives him to new heights.

They were drawing parallels between doing tv interviews and not being motivated which was ridiculous. You don't come back from multiple knee recos if you are lazy or un motivated

I just said it wasn’t a good look being on media street and looking completely disinterested on the field.

Wasn't just you mate their were half a dozen I reckon. You can't link his media career with his on field performance. Maybe his media career is one of the reasons he loves footy?

I don't care about having a Crack at players on field but linking his media career means you may as well have a go at Jones for surfing and Hogan for skating etc.

Wasn't just you mate their were half a dozen I reckon. You can't link his media career with his on field performance. Maybe his media career is one of the reasons he loves footy?

I don't care about having a Crack at players on field but linking his media career means you may as well have a go at Jones for surfing and Hogan for skating etc.

Yeah won’t deny I melted pretty hard after round 23 and said some dumb s**t, I am right about his body language during the last few games though. I have very high expectations for Max, he could be the key to a flag if he gets back to his 2016 form.

Yeah won’t deny I melted pretty hard after round 23 and said some dumb s**t, I am right about his body language during the last few games though. I have very high expectations for Max, he could be the key to a flag if he gets back to his 2016 form.

Weren't alone in the melt stakes lol
He was crap this year no doubt about it and I agree with your expectations, I rated him 4th in our players with the most potential in the other thread because he could be an all time Melbourne great if he gets back to his early form such was his dominance. Plus he's only young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much of that onfield body language came down to what was a tough year for him with the long term injury, and then when he came back, he just didn't have the fitness he did last year and earlier in the year, as well as what I think was a pretty sore ankle from the Port game, so he was so far below what he'd expect of himself and he was filthy about it.

Clearly a big driver for him now to hit next season better than ever.

"Young forward Jesse Hogan is one of the players due to start pre-season next week, with the 22-year-old expected to slot straight into the main group on arrival."

One of the biggest positives for me.

Healthy body, refreshed mind... rest of the league might need to watch out.

If Hogan, Petracca and Oliver improve in 2018, we're scary.

I wonder how much of that onfield body language came down to what was a tough year for him with the long term injury, and then when he came back, he just didn't have the fitness he did last year and earlier in the year, as well as what I think was a pretty sore ankle from the Port game, so he was so far below what he'd expect of himself and he was filthy about it.

Clearly a big driver for him now to hit next season better than ever.
He was rushed back, should not have happened.

He was rushed back, should not have happened.

It was less about being rushed back than missing 12-13 weeks of the footy season - he was never going to be able to get his peak fitness back. Ask any footballer the key to a good year is a good pre season. Getting injured in the pre season is frustrating and will hamper a players preparation but they still have time to get back into shape.....losing 12 weeks IN season is a nightmare.

"Young forward Jesse Hogan is one of the players due to start pre-season next week, with the 22-year-old expected to slot straight into the main group on arrival."

One of the biggest positives for me.

Healthy body, refreshed mind... rest of the league might need to watch out.

If Hogan, Petracca and Oliver improve in 2018, we're scary.
And Lever.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was less about being rushed back than missing 12-13 weeks of the footy season - he was never going to be able to get his peak fitness back. Ask any footballer the key to a good year is a good pre season. Getting injured in the pre season is frustrating and will hamper a players preparation but they still have time to get back into shape.....losing 12 weeks IN season is a nightmare.
Well aware of that, played the game for 27 years, obviously not the "modern" game though. Still think another couple of weeks would have been more beneficial team wise towards the end of the season. He did play some good periods but faded as you would expect.

Well aware of that, played the game for 27 years, obviously not the "modern" game though. Still think another couple of weeks would have been more beneficial team wise towards the end of the season. He did play some good periods but faded as you would expect.
I'm sure the coaching staff were aware that it was a risk, but at that stage, in the middle of that ridiculous run of 6 days breaks, with top players dropping like flies, it was probably one that needed to be taken.

We wouldn't of won that game with out, some his taps in the last 2 mins got the ball going forward. We are all experts with hindsight - you get to a certain point of training where the only way to get match fit is to play matches.

He was about to turn the corner and then rolled his ankle against port......anyways 2017 is done and dusted. Good news is Gawn is looking fit and even better has come back early to set the example for others to follow!

We wouldn't of won that game with out, some his taps in the last 2 mins got the ball going forward. We are all experts with hindsight - you get to a certain point of training where the only way to get match fit is to play matches.

He was about to turn the corner and then rolled his ankle against port......anyways 2017 is done and dusted. Good news is Gawn is looking fit and even better has come back early to set the example for others to follow!
Yes, the comments this preseason echo the comments from his 2016 AA year. Hope can stay on the track the entire season. Need him.

Pretty sure Lever was flying back from Europe yesterday so should finally see him in some Melbourne gear soon
tumblr_inline_mt1anwXVBA1qz4rgp.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back