Past #41: Gordon Narrier - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Flash

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a good pick up!

Reading an article the other day that said clubs are using the "Handcuff techique" for drafting, where they draft two interstate players together to help prevent the go home factor.

Possibility of what they're doing here? Coupled with him addressing a need.

Didn’t work for Brisbane. Both of them would request a trade together

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Welcome to North Melbourne Gordon Narrier

271117_NarrierHero.jpg

DOB: 27/11/1998
Height: 187cm
Weight: 75kg
Recruited from: Perth Demons
Position: Wing/forward

What to expect: 19-year-old Narrier is lightning quick. He played for Perth's WAFL team in 2017, averaging 13 disposals and 3 marks.

What the recruiters say: “He represented WA at the Nationals as a 19 year old and has excellent speed and ground coverage.

“He comes to us with senior footy experience and will bring some more x-factor to our list.

“We’re really delighted with today’s additions and feel that they really complement our selections from Friday night.” - Mark Finnigan, NMFC National Recruiting Manager

Those goals at 2:10, 2:45 and 3:05 gave me enormous wood.

Geez this trade period has got me all super excited.

Flash Gordon looks like another ripper. So glad we got him. I was hoping we would land him!! Oh yeah. Who ever suggested Flash as a nickname nailed it.

That speed, that left foot. High ceiling and to boot he has a good mate already at the club which should aid in him settling in.

I don’t know what they are drinking down at Arden St but I say keep it going. A+ for ND and Rookie Draft for me this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks pretty good. Also pleased that he gets it on average 13 times per game and averages about 2 shots at goal per game too. As a small forward that's fairly good imo.

It said he was looking for work in that article so I'm very happy that we've given the kid a chance. With some application he could be very good.

Looks pretty good. Also pleased that he gets it on average 13 times per game and averages about 2 shots at goal per game too. As a small forward that's fairly good imo.

It said he was looking for work in that article so I'm very happy that we've given the kid a chance. With some application he could be very good.

More of a mid from what I have read.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good example of not getting hung up on existing listed players.

I think most would now rather Gordon over Wagner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back