Senior 12. Tom De Koning

De Koning's trade value as a ruck/fwd will be significantly higher than that of a midfielder of comparable quality in a few years time. SOS plays the long game and talls hold their value significantly better than smalls.

If De Koning is surplus to our needs or does not meet our requirements, history has shown that other teams are far more likely to take a Punt on a tall with a few years development in them.

The upside is if he comes on and then we will be blessed with an enviable ruck/fwd combo.

SOS obviously sees something in De Koning as most would think its a stretch he went at #30. Only showed small glimpses during the U/18 champs as a ruckman and did nothing as a forward. Would think with McKay on the list he has to make it as a Ruck or the other way around.

From his presser Tom has his eyes on becoming a ruckman but recognises that he needs to have a stronger body. So yes he’s a forward but will develop into a ruckman over time. It’s good that he has the skill set to become a goal kicking forward. A lot of ruckman lack the overall talent to do this. Wouldn’t mind a second Percy Jones. Haven’t seen one at Carlton in a long time.

I've never understood people's fascination with players haircuts, if it doesn't affect his ability to play the game then why care?

Every time someone mentions a player should cut his hair I think of old crusty Mr burns screaming trim those sideburns!
You sound like you need a good haircut ;)

I've never understood people's fascination with players haircuts, if it doesn't affect his ability to play the game then why care?

Every time someone mentions a player should cut his hair I think of old crusty Mr burns screaming trim those sideburns!

Enough out of you, hippy!

Back